Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

I am surprised that Operations does not have more votes. I wonder if that is because most people are happy with the amount of Operations we have or if less people play Operations than I would think.

Probably true. They have definitely delivered in the Ops department despite the bugs. I hope that continues.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, you "think" again (cringe)

I play PvP, did I vote "game needs more PvP"? Do you see my name there? No.

You PvE-only extremists always love to pretend there is a PvE vs. PvP debate, in reality there are normal people who simply play everything because not everyone is a PvP hating carebear, but I still think this game needs other cool stuff first before adding more PvP maps.

Anyway, this poll is a big fat joke. Lots of shoulder patting going on here, the reality of what this game needs is outside of this forum, look it up in the unsubscribers thread or on mmorpg.com

Nice try pal. But I'm not a PvE extremist. Never have been. I PvP with my guld mates, and generally always do in MMOs. That said.. I prefer PvP in TSW to SWTOR.

AND.. as much as you wish the poll were a joke..it's not (no matter how much you protest and stomp your feet). It is a polling based reflection of the preference of subscribers today. Nobody cares what the rabid playerbase in January 2012 wants.. because frankly they don't care about the game and so their thoughts are irrelevant. Quitters don't get a vote because what they want does not exist in any MMO anyway. They are wandering locusts who consume and then contempt every MMO they play. All they need is a stream of new MMOs to play through on their 30 days play time and then discard and wander the internet ranting and spewing anywhere someone will listen.

Edited by Andryah

Top 5 in order for me:

1) Class Story

At least another chapter in similar vein to the existing chapters 1,2 and 3.

2) Companions

Not necessarily new companions but expanding the usability of existing ones. More interactions at end game, allow player to choose their role, open up their starting gear as orange modifiable sets, once unlocked allow them to be shared across legacy.

3) Other: Better ingame communication tools

Legacy address book, ability to friend other faction. I meet new friends and them lose them when they go to play an alt :(

4) Other: Better Guild support

In game resources such as calendars. Never understood why the pre-launch guild rosters and forums disappeared. The ability to add a legacy rather than individual and the ability to filter by legacy in roster.

5) Other: More customisation options for existing classes

New Advanced Classes. The ability to use a wider range of weapons. The ability to swap Advanced Class.

You know, I think BW could combine some of these catagories if it will make things easier. For example short episodic class stories that include new aspects or areas on a planet.
The top three are right in Bioware's wheelhouse. After GS, maybe a patch with a KOTOR-style minigame? As much as I openly support and thoroughly enjoy playing TOR, it really needs to get back to its roots to generate staying power imho.

I personally think that if dev introduced a new planet with an additional 5 levels worth of class stories once a year (starting with a patch to add class stories to 55 on Makeb) and added a minigame six months after the release of each new planet, this game's reputation and popularity would take off.

Edited by GalacticKegger

My top 5 choices:

Class Story:

Having a unique story for each character was a really cool part of this game, and while I haven't finished all 8, expanding on them is something needed every once and a while. I'd be fine with them giving about 2 quests or something per each new planet something like -2 quests on Ilum, Black Hole, Section X, Makeb, CZ-198, Oricon, and then some final encounter wherever.

Companions:

Companions, and companion stories, were a really cool thing to have. There is definitely more room to give another 5 or 10k affection, and to give companion missions to everyone rather than just the first one. I would prefer expanding on current companion than adding a bunch of new ones.. Also, I feel like companions could be a lot more useful in something like an operation, or special PvP arenas with companions - It's nice that they are adding them into the Galactic Starfighter though.

Planets:

They could really add a lot to the existing planets, and they could make really cool new planets. Adding some separate area to the lvl.1-10 worlds would be really cool, like Section X and Black Hole. These sections could be placed at night time for extra awesomeness, and opposite factions could be able to go to the endgame areas of them. Adding underwater content is probably not something that would happen, but an underwater planet would be quite cool.

Operations:

Operations are always cool, and now that the Dread Master storyline is done with, a new villain is needed, giving the opportunity for different types of boss fights. I've always wanted to see a turret-orientated fight like Kaon Under Seige, or a fight where are a slight or big help. A boss fight where some NPC-starfighters could help would be amazing.

Character Customization:

New customization is needed for all species, and I don't see why they couldn't have added longer hair or different colored hair to each species. Body Tattoos would be an awesome way to show off the more skimpy gear, and as a lot of people have said, more male skimpy gear is wanted.

- A 6th one because why not:

Minigames:

Minigames have been requested ever since launch, Pazaak and Pod-Racing have been the most suggested, and they could make revisiting worlds like Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine more worth it. I could see a Pazaak floor being added to the Fleet as well..

I hope this thread is looked at to see what players want, and this is really nice to have been put together, OP. :D

I, for one, couldn't care less about OPs. It's just scripted WOW nonsense, with stupid boss "mechanics". Most of the FPs are in the same vein. Usually one boss with super high HP against many, who, at some point, spawn adds.

They're not fun for me. Mainly because they're so childish in that they're doing the same kinds of things with huge bosses, and huge hp pools that were done even back in the Atari 2600, and NES days. It's also the same thing over, and over, and over that have been in other MMOS... where at least it makes sense for the setting. Which is usually in a high fantasy setting. Very little in boss fights in this game make any sense. This is not some medieval fantasy game. While it's literally fantasy, it's not high fantasy, and it doesn't fit the SW setting. None of them feel heroic to me.

Where, in any of the movies, did you see where it required a small army to exterminate one person? Two people, maybe, but not 8-plus people.

The class quests at least give you the impression that something heroic is being done.

Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was OPs, people. That is not it. That is not it!

That, I believe, is why people aren't voting for more OPs. It will be the same old thing.

Edited by Hambunctious

I, for one, couldn't care less about OPs. It's just scripted WOW nonsense, with stupid boss "mechanics". Most of the FPs are in the same vein. Usually one boss with super high HP against many, who, at some point, spawn adds.

They're not fun for me. Mainly because they're so childish in that they're doing the same kinds of things with huge bosses, and huge hp pools that were done even back in the Atari 2600, and NES days. It's also the same thing over, and over, and over that have been in other MMOS... where at least it makes sense for the setting. Which is usually in a high fantasy setting. Very little in boss fights in this game make any sense. This is not some medieval fantasy game. While it's literally fantasy, it's not high fantasy, and it doesn't fit the SW setting. None of them feel heroic to me.

Where, in any of the movies, did you see where it required a small army to exterminate one person? Two people, maybe, but not 8-plus people.

The class quests at least give you the impression that something heroic is being done.

Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was OPs, people. That is not it. That is not it!

That, I believe, is why people aren't voting for more OPs. It will be the same old thing.

Thank you for voicing your tastes for this game. They have been duly noted. As for the those of us who put operations in our top five, we'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of endgame content.

Edit: More than 30% of the respondents in this poll indicated that operations were a top five priority for them. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by gorstram

Thank you for voicing your tastes for this game. They have been duly noted. As for the those of us who put operations in our top five, we'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of endgame content.

Edit: More than 30% of the respondents in this poll indicated that operations were a top five priority for them. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I wouldn't mind more OPs, but only if they were done differently, and made more like what we'd see in the movies. Fighting groups of MOBs just to get to the bosses, and not have the whole area alerted to your presence is absurd.

I'd much prefer something more realistic to the setting, and be different each time you do it. You know, something that might require strategy, and not just DPS/healing checks.

Off the top of my head, something cool would be getting the mission, have the area randomly generated, and then the group is shown a map to study, and then make plans from there. Finding, and marking objectives to take out, or turn to your advantage could be a part of it. Even finding ways to avoid being discovered would be nice. The better you do in that planning part, and then executing it would make the final objective easier.

The same old hit stuff 1000 times isn't working for me anymore.

Edited by Hambunctious

To be honest, this is basically an extension to KOTOR 1 & 2 I think they should have

1. Swoop Racing, it should be a queable pvp event, it should allow for spectator viewing and customizable swoop bikes.

2. Pazak games in the cantenas, this is one of the games that should be put in, the only obstacle would be the teen rating, it could be considered as gambling.

3. Planets like the ones at release, MAKEB is ok but its all instanced zones, even taking a taxi on that planet breaks the continuity because its all load zones. it would be great if they had planets like in KOTOR like dantoonie or kashik,

4. more sand box related things to do, even tho it may sound silly, I like the idea of cooking in a game creating inexpensive buffs beyond whats in game by going out into the environment farming items, it would also give the planets a reason to go back to them, such as one ingredient on this planet ect. the biggest issue right now is there is no reason to revisit the planets right now. it would be great to just add onto the existing planets. I like tattoonie, Voss, ect give us a reason to go play on those planets again.

5. there is no RP value in the cantenas, would be great if you could buy alchohaulic drinks that give an drunk effect, or seats that you could sit in.

Nice try pal. But I'm not a PvE extremist. Never have been. I PvP with my guld mates, and generally always do in MMOs. That said.. I prefer PvP in TSW to SWTOR.

Fine you know Secret World, I know and play that too - good. In that case you know that TSW has a much more economical way to cope with "story", much like

- ONE overarching story

- mission specific stories

- event stories

SWTOR went into that direction with Makeb, events and new areas, GOOD.

TSW did NOT:

-voice your own character

- give you dozens of dialogue choices which all end up in mostly the same result

-> yet it works very well and the story is compelling

TSW did:

- cutscenes in movie quality with moving camera and characters acting a lot more than in SWTOR

so yes if anything, SWTOR should rip off that concept instead of creating 8 sequels for the class stories

AND.. as much as you wish the poll were a joke..it's not (no matter how much you protest and stomp your feet). It is a polling based reflection of the preference of subscribers today. Nobody cares what the rabid playerbase in January 2012 wants.. because frankly they don't care about the game and so their thoughts are irrelevant. Quitters don't get a vote because what they want does not exist in any MMO anyway. They are wandering locusts who consume and then contempt every MMO they play. All they need is a stream of new MMOs to play through on their 30 days play time and then discard and wander the internet ranting and spewing anywhere someone will listen.

ok, different opinion then. You say, please the remaining hardcore fan subscriber base (because F2Pers and Preferred didn´t get asked because they can´t vote)

I say, put new stuff in which is not more of the same -- to get back the old people and also new ones, and keep the content cheap to produce, player driven and self running. Example: Galactic Starfighter, again BW is on the right track with this one (although I expected a more open world free roaming experience, but anyway..)

Warzones are probably the cheapest content, played over and over and over again.

How often did you play your class story? Once? Twice? It´s super expensive one-time use content no one revisits or stays subscribed for. It nearly killed SWTOR on launch, resulting into mergers and F2P, now people ask to do the same type of content again?

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

"Remember kids, more people will buy your product if it's just like every other game!"

The end-game locusts have moved on - throwing everything at new Ops isn't going to change that. They'll snort at the idea of coming back, and plow through ESO before declaring that dead.

People have stayed here for different things, so cycling priorities can't hurt.

-voice your own character

- give you dozens of dialogue choices which all end up in mostly the same result

Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."

Edited by StarMagus

Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."

Agreed. I went back to another game recently. Went through and area picked up a quest and.... logged right off when I had to read a wall of text explaining why I had to do the quest.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. My expectation for MMOs, due primarily to this game, is complete stories with full voice overs and interactive responses to those stories.

Agreed. I went back to another game recently. Went through and area picked up a quest and.... logged right off when I had to read a wall of text explaining why I had to do the quest.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. My expectation for MMOs, due primarily to this game, is complete stories with full voice overs and interactive responses to those stories.

That is pretty much how I felt when I tried out FFXIV.

I'm too spoiled by SWTOR, and to a degree by TSW and Defiance.

PS: In the Secret World there are also quest NPCs that crack jokes about the silence of your character. ;)

yeah, but to have this x 8 is just insane overkill

Jedi Consular and Knight get the same "mission", with various unique responses based on their alignment, class, companions etc.

Agent and Inquisitor could get similar. Bounty Hunter and Warrior...

There are a couple of ways it could be done, but class stories should at least be seriously re-considered by the management, by developers, by the writing team, because it's something largely unique to this game (other games are giving us cut scenes and scripted stories and such, but this system of "choice"* and interaction is pretty much a SWTOR thing on the MMO market) and I genuinely believe that getting rid of class story is going to start devaluing story content as a whole in Bioware: Austin and we'll end up with no cut scenes, no options, no voice overs, and more generic terminal quests which amount to "go here and kill twenty of these dudes, now come back, get a shoe, go an kill fifty more."

*let's not debate this now

yeah, but to have this x 8 is just insane overkill

It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.

It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.

I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.

Edited by Callaron

It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.

It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.

I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.

Yeah... I hear you. But, despite the fact that polls like this are flawed, this sample is at the very least statistically significant.

Again, BW doesn't have to deliver new class stories as full chapters etc. Small episodes adding to class stories will go a long way.

BW,

Revisit your stance on Class Stories. Forget the old model. Come up with a smaller more focused additions on a periodic basis (not all class stories need to be augmented at the same time). You will add value to your subscription and increase profits despite the production costs.

Edited by Rafaman

The top three are right in Bioware's wheelhouse. After GS, maybe a patch with a KOTOR-style minigame? As much as I openly support and thoroughly enjoy playing TOR, it really needs to get back to its roots to generate staying power imho.

I personally think that if dev introduced a new planet with an additional 5 levels worth of class stories once a year (starting with a patch to add class stories to 55 on Makeb) and added a minigame six months after the release of each new planet, this game's reputation and popularity would take off.

Exactly!....They don't have to do 3 chapters of class story every time.... Just do 1 chapter for each class a year, add 5 levels and viola!

I can say this, In my opinion, if they ever want to have a full out expansion where you go out and buy it and it is an exciting big deal, they will have to add class story, there is NO way around that.

Edited by Malckiah