1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

johnyangelo

Why do I think that?

1) WH gear for a cost of current BM gear = more ppl with decent equip = smaller gear gap.

2) EWH vs. WH. EWH has only SLIGHT stat increase (rating 146 vs 150 - now bm wh is 140 vs 146).

3) new lvl 50 players can save up more than 7000 commendations = almost full WH gear once they hit lvl 50 + augments = again less gear gap and suffering for new players, more competitive play.

4) with the price on WH gear; getting fully agmented remodded WH set will be very cheap and fast = getting competitive gear very easily.

PS: I have toons with full modded WH gear and yes I'd LOVE to see more properly equipped players in warzones. I do think that 1.6. prices changes are more than welcome for the most people. Especially for the true pvpers who seeks competition and proper fight. Yes teamwork and fully EWH equipped ppl will have an edge still, BUT average pvp players or smaller groups of them will be able to do much more in wzs.

PSS: New wz is cool, totally cool and will require some proper cooradination when two decent groups meet.

TL;DR - the cheaper the proper pvp gear gets and the smaller the gear gap is, the more equal warzones are = more fun. Hopefully.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BM gear isn't hard to get and is pretty decent. The problem I see is that people don't want to spend the money to mod it.

Yeah augmented BM gear is slightly below stock WH and if you take a little bit of time for a quick min max on some of the items you are right there I really hopes this cuts down the QQ for the gear gap as there really will not be one anymore seeing as it took me two months (dead server) to get my WH gear (no complaints it kept me subbed) this should really level things out.

This patch is terrible for PVP!!!!

Now everyone will unsub because they will just see they're bad and it wasn't all gear gap. :rolleyes:

Seriously though,should make PvP more evenly matched in the gear aspect but no amount of gear will fix:

- People walking through the fire. On purpose. Mind = bottled.

- People who still stand on the goal line with a leapy guy w/ the ball in the pit or on the edge at all. Seriously there is no reason to be there. Played my first ever PvP match on my lvl 11 Sentinel, scored all three of our goals in this manner.

- The guy I solo capped on while he had 100% health. Stealth up like a BAU5 > Stun > start cap > he breaks > Force Lift > lightning fast cap start > cap is complete as he touches the ground. No discipline on breaker use.

- Being out of position, not responding to incs, not calling incs or being baited away from nodes.

- No class knowledge. Had a guy on here get mad at me the other day because I quoted him and said I stopped reading at, and I quote, "I'm not sure if PT's have stealth or not."

- Seeing this a lot more recently. Two people guarding the node when we only have one and are struggling to get another. I pointed this out to someone and they called me elitist. I don't even...

Hopefully people will learn that these are the things that lose WZ not only the other team being in better gear now that everyone should be pretty close together in stats.

This patch is terrible for PVP!!!!

Now everyone will unsub because they will just see they're bad and it wasn't all gear gap. :rolleyes:

Seriously though,should make PvP more evenly matched in the gear aspect but no amount of gear will fix:

- People walking through the fire. On purpose. Mind = bottled.

- People who still stand on the goal line with a leapy guy w/ the ball in the pit or on the edge at all. Seriously there is no reason to be there. Played my first ever PvP match on my lvl 11 Sentinel, scored all three of our goals in this manner.

- The guy I solo capped on while he had 100% health. Stealth up like a BAU5 > Stun > start cap > he breaks > Force Lift > lightning fast cap start > cap is complete as he touches the ground. No discipline on breaker use.

- Being out of position, not responding to incs, not calling incs or being baited away from nodes.

- No class knowledge. Had a guy on here get mad at me the other day because I quoted him and said I stopped reading at, and I quote, "I'm not sure if PT's have stealth or not."

- Seeing this a lot more recently. Two people guarding the node when we only have one and are struggling to get another. I pointed this out to someone and they called me elitist. I don't even...

Hopefully people will learn that these are the things that lose WZ not only the other team being in better gear now that everyone should be pretty close together in stats.

Sooooo.... not much has changed... ;)

i personally see this as a time sink for veteran players. I mean seriously lets get rid of the bottom tier of gear and make the current top tier the bottom tier and easier to get. Then we make everyone grind gear ALL OVER AGAIN in order to have the same comparative stats to their peers. I mean it is just plain silly. I love the game, new war zone sounds great, the new gear is a time sink though plain and simple and they are calling it content.

Not for me apart from the WH gear change i am still waiting for my sorc DPS buff.

For some reason, they wait and slip those in when it goes to live. Like the last anni marauder nerf. So keep your fingers crossed that its a buff and not a nerf to something no one is complaining about.

Keith I hardly ever see you in wzs anymore, you playing weird hours now or something. I used to see you at least once a day.

My name is Keith and I'm an altoholic.

I still play a lot but I've been mainly banking comms on my Shadow, leveling my Vanguard and Merc, doing raids and leveling crew skills. I don't know how people say there is nothing to do in this game. I constantly find myself with too much to do.

I should be PvPing on my Commando a lot more now since I'm going to wait until 1.6 to get my Shadow to 50. Now I can get him his WH gear as well as the rest of my alts so they have it ready for 50. If only I didn't just buy the whole BM Stalker /sigh.

I'm also really looking forward to the new WZ. You should check out Dulfy's site for the write up and vid. It looks like it's going to be awesome.

Why do I think that?

1) WH gear for a cost of current BM gear = more ppl with decent equip = smaller gear gap.

2) EWH vs. WH. EWH has only SLIGHT stat increase (rating 146 vs 150 - now bm wh is 140 vs 146).

3) new lvl 50 players can save up more than 7000 commendations = almost full WH gear once they hit lvl 50 + augments = again less gear gap and suffering for new players, more competitive play.

4) with the price on WH gear; getting fully agmented remodded WH set will be very cheap and fast = getting competitive gear very easily.

PS: I have toons with full modded WH gear and yes I'd LOVE to see more properly equipped players in warzones. I do think that 1.6. prices changes are more than welcome for the most people. Especially for the true pvpers who seeks competition and proper fight. Yes teamwork and fully EWH equipped ppl will have an edge still, BUT average pvp players or smaller groups of them will be able to do much more in wzs.

PSS: New wz is cool, totally cool and will require some proper cooradination when two decent groups meet.

TL;DR - the cheaper the proper pvp gear gets and the smaller the gear gap is, the more equal warzones are = more fun. Hopefully.

How do u save up more than 7k coms...or even 7k..?

Meh.

The new gear creates problems with players who are currently still grinding to WH, and still have several BM pieces. They'll essentially be knocked down a tier and be in a tougher spot than fresh 50's who have comms saved up to get the newer stuff. The same thing happened to players when they got rid of the last gear grind and the old Centurion sets.

Meh.

The new gear creates problems with players who are currently still grinding to WH, and still have several BM pieces. They'll essentially be knocked down a tier and be in a tougher spot than fresh 50's who have comms saved up to get the newer stuff. The same thing happened to players when they got rid of the last gear grind and the old Centurion sets.

those players have nearly 6 weeks to max coms, same as pre-50s

Yeah augmented BM gear is slightly below stock WH and if you take a little bit of time for a quick min max on some of the items you are right there I really hopes this cuts down the QQ for the gear gap as there really will not be one anymore seeing as it took me two months (dead server) to get my WH gear (no complaints it kept me subbed) this should really level things out.

Yah , im a returning player that löeft with full BM, i started to get facerolled now so i started to augment it, couple days after and i can kill again :D

Meh.

Starting from 0 WZ comms (traded them all for ranked) I was able to earn enough comms for a BM piece for my Shadow on my Commando in about 4-5 matches + daily. So it would be very possible to have all the WH gear, at the current BM prices, from 0 comms in 2 weeks if you get one piece a day (at most that is 1550 comms). The only people who would have an issue with this are the F2P guys with no weekly pass.

Yeah that's the lame thing I see. I JUST finished grinding full WH on my Marauder, that is playing no ranked matches, so I'm trading in @ 3:1 ratio for commendations.

Then I grinded up a 50 Operative and now i have half a set of WH with some BM peices. Now, I can either cap my commendations and not buy anything for the next many weeks, then upgrade as much as I can, or I can keep buying at 3:1 ratio, only to have JUST spent many weeks wasting commendations only to have all my gear put up for sale at cheap Battlemaster prices, and just have to grind an entirely new set of armour again, at 3:1 ratio.

I was almost done the gear grind on both of my toons. Now I have to start over. Now a fresh 50 can come in and in probably one day (if he is capped) have an entire set of WH gear that matches mine.

Yes, TL; DR = QQ

Edited by Frankee

Yeah that's the lame thing I see. I JUST finished grinding full WH on my Marauder, that is playing no ranked matches, so I'm trading in @ 3:1 ratio for commendations.

Then I grinded up a 50 Operative and now i have half a set of WH with some BM peices. Now, I can either cap my commendations and not buy anything for the next many weeks, then upgrade as much as I can, or I can keep buying at 3:1 ratio, only to have JUST spent many weeks wasting commendations only to have all my gear put up for sale at cheap Battlemaster prices, and just have to grind an entirely new set of armour again, at 3:1 ratio.

I was almost done the gear grind on both of my toons. Now I have to start over. Now a fresh 50 can come in and in probably one day (if he is capped) have an entire set of WH gear that matches mine.

Yes, TL; DR = QQ

With this change it's quite possible that ranked matches will be much more common and more accessible.

The rating system might actually have a chance to work for once since there will (hopefully) be more people in the queues. now we will will get what a lot of people have been asking for:

- Spend a week or 2 in Recruit gear while you get all your WH gear. Hopefully with mostly other recruits/BM.

- Move up to ranked once you have it. I really think this will even things out in ranked as there won't be such a high barrier for entry and with more teams queuing you are more likely to get matched with a team of your skill level.

There is still the issue of finding 7 other players but hopefully people will be more willing to PvP now that the grind is essentially gone. r

As for having to have traded all your comms in to get your WH now well, those are the breaks. You couldn't have honestly thought that they would stop at WH and you would have the best gear forever. Things get cheaper as time goes on. It sucks I spent a bunch of comms for my Commandos WH pieces and just recently bought a bunch of BM gear for my Shadow with comms from my Commando to get him ready for being 50 and now it's basically useless. I would have been better off banking them as ranked. But oh well, this is a great change and I'm looking forward to it and Ancient Hypergates.

i personally see this as a time sink for veteran players. I mean seriously lets get rid of the bottom tier of gear and make the current top tier the bottom tier and easier to get. Then we make everyone grind gear ALL OVER AGAIN in order to have the same comparative stats to their peers. I mean it is just plain silly. I love the game, new war zone sounds great, the new gear is a time sink though plain and simple and they are calling it content.

They are partialy doing that. EWH is not that much better, so you dont need it, but if you are hardcore enough you can get it.

As far as new 50's, they will remain bad. For every new 50 you see today that arrives fully prepped with 3000 rwz comms and 2000 wz comms, you see two that show up in a wz wearing greens and blues. And one of those two will get indignant when you tell him they give away Recruit gear for free. Mention to that guy that he would go ape sh*t if someone was able to show up in pvp gear and force him to carry the pvper through TFB HM, and that he is effectively doing the same thing on the pvp side, and he will go silent and not say a word. And still not get Recruit gear.

That ratio of prepared 50s to unprepared 50's to willfully unprepared 50's in wz will not change in 1.6. If anything, midway through 1.6, we'll see the first fresh 50's in wz who are F2P players. And a meaningfully lower percentage of them will be in the "prepared" category.