nerf lost island vet mode

ok just got done with a very frustrating instance on lonlst island vet mode. comps are absolutely useless. for all of the instance. we were doing it solo vet. im jugg 246 item rating on all gear 246 over all. 3 physical players including me and 1 comp arcann level fricking 50. he dies withing 8 seconds of all boaaes usually because he camt move from aoes and on the jump boss all comps get thrown off on first jump. we were all 70 execpt for 1 68. last boss was the worst. kills every comp despite its role on first wave of aoe and its too much dmg too fast to pull them out manually. this shouldn't be happening. its wayyy yo hard for vet mode. we are all legendary playersm this is ********. spending all kinds of time and energy to level the comps to 50 i should never have to swap out for a 4th player who likely will suck anyway. unacceptable. i dont know if this is bugged or what but it needs to be changed

"legendary player" means more or less exactly nothing. OK, yes, strictly speaking you have to finish all the class stories to get it, but that is *all* you have to do, and it can be done without ever once getting a character above level 50.

And isn't it better to add a player who *might* suck, compared to keeping a companion who quite clearly, *for this purpose*, does suck?

Companions, even at rank 50, should *not* be as good as decent quality players, or you end up with a Matron Lighthand situation.

She was a healer "Mercenary" in Allods Online, and there was a group-play GF-style thing for random small dungeons, kinda the equivalent of Uprisings in SWTOR, where it was possible to hire mercenaries for free. Nobody, but nobody, queued as a healer more than once because Matron was better at healing than approximately 90% of players.

don't keep the jumping boss in the middle, take it closer to the edge so your companion has room to fly. and last boss is doable with just 2 players so 3 should be no problem at all even if the companion dies right at the start.

I 2 manned + 2 comps lost island vet with my best friend. we swapped out melee and ranged comps fight to fight. we also had to use passive to get them to move at the appropriate times. it takes a Lil getting used to, but very doable.

Mechanics. Learn em, it’s not hard with today’s gear level. But you will need a full group because companions will be useless on 3 of the bosses which require you to actually move.

^ This

Lost Island isn't hard because of gear requirements, but because of mechanics. Players need to actually use them, and know when to pop a defensive if needed.

I've done Lost Island Master Mode with players in less than 248 gear, and it's perfectly do-able provided every player pays attention and knows their role.

LI is for sure one of the hardest to do with companions because you need to micromanage them. If you just expect your companion to get out of AoEs or position themselves correctly all on their own - something human players fail to do time and again I might add :D - then of course it will feel impossible.

However, if you take a little time to learn the mechanics you can manage your companion around them without too much trouble.

The first boss is very straightforward, put them on passive when they are hit by the AoE to call them back to you. Move the boss accordingly.

For Sav-Rak you want a ranged companion because melee will be already close to you when you put them on passive and it will be harder to position them correctly. When he starts casting the smash, call back your companion and make sure you're both under him. There *will* be close calls.

Thruthfully I've never managed to keep my companion alive with the bonus boss but in veteran you don't need to. After your companion is dead just cycle through your defensive skills/medpac. The little heal from Heroic Moment also helps and whatever extra healing you can coax from utilities (like inspired focus/thirst for rage for marasents, for instance).

For the final boss a ranged companion is again best as you need to put them on passive and manouver them around the AoEs. Also when the boss says "I got a few tricks up my sleeve" don't stand in front of him (this may be just MM though). Once you're done with the first phase (destroying the cryo tanks with the assistants), you can relax as you can just let your comps do their thing with no more input from you, other than calling them back to a wall or the window for the final burn.

How about doing this

-Stop doing group content with companions.. its group content, this is an MMO

-Learn from the mechanics and learn from your mistakes.

-If your skill level isn't good enough atm to lost island vet mdoe, which is known to be one of the hardest flashpoints in the game, then come back to it later when your skill level is better

How about doing this

-Stop doing group content with companions.. its group content, this is an MMO

-Learn from the mechanics and learn from your mistakes.

-If your skill level isn't good enough atm to lost island vet mdoe, which is known to be one of the hardest flashpoints in the game, then come back to it later when your skill level is better

This....

This flashpoint is very mechanic-heavy compared to other veteran modes (droid - positioning; Sav-Rak - positioning + pipes; bonus - moving around and situational awareness; Lorrick - lots of bad stuff on the floor) so doing it with a semi-decent player would be much easier than doing it with a companion.

Ok so after viewing some of the comments I would like to say the following:

1. Do stuff with companions only if you know the mechanics and if you are good at managing companions, which is really needed in this FPS. For example its enough to just leave the comp standing in the middle and heal you at the jumping boss.

2. The content is meant for players to be done, not companions. Sure, many players in vet FPS are terrible, but you should give them a chance, you never know.

3. We were doing this FPS in Master Mode for achievements and were 2 people + 2 companions, so it is possible, yet you really need to know how to do what.

4. Lost Island is a special FPS, which when it was introduced dropped operation level gear, so it was much more difficult than other FPS because of that and it stayed that way. Still its good to have such challenges in the game so I wouldnt nerft it.

So in the end, learn the mechanics and try it with people, if they perform bad, explain the tactics to them.

Edited by merovejec