Healing requirements

So im a 50 operative healing spec, I have a question, what is the recommended healing numbers for HM FPs and OPs? iv watched videos and what not and noticed all the healers do about 1600, I do about 2400 average for my main heal and 700 on periodic heals, am i good enough yet?

Note: trying to find out if im ready for 1.3 yet :D

I don't really measure HPS, mostly because I'm just so damn lazy. I will say look at your Healing Bonus, then try to make that number bigger. If you can also get your Critical Chance and your Critical Multiplier up, that would help.

My Agent runs with 584.6 Bonus Healing, a 33.45 Crit Chance and a Crit Multiplier of 71.98 (Full buffs, Rakata Cunning stim). Not great, but not too shabby (I think, people are probably going to tell me I'm wrong). I do at the moment only use him for our progression EC Story - most places you can probably get away with about 500.

Healing numbers are irrelevant, at least in isolation.

If everyone lived, you're doing fine. If they didn't, then you have to determine whether that was because of insufficient healing on your part, or because your party members were taking too much avoidable damage. If the former, then it remains to analyse whether the problem was a gear check (in which case, yes, your max sustainable HPS was simply insufficient; this is the one scenario where the numbers do actually matter) or a learn-to-play issue.

It'd be easier if you gave us a rough idea of your gear.

I assume those arent hps meters cause both me and our sorc sit aroun 1100-1200 HPS

As for burst single use

Rapid shots - 500 ~ + off-hand

Rapid scan 2000 ~ (cooldown)

Healing Scan 3000 ~

Emergency Scan 2200 ~ (cooldown)

Kolto Missle (4 ppl) - 1600 ~ (cooldown)

Crit chance after agent is at 48%

Surge after buffs is about 85%

All rough but close numbers if you would like exact i can do it when i get home just send me a personal message

Our operative healers come in around 1900-2100 HPS

their average heal is 3500 and crit for 6-7k

I play a sorc healer and sit around 23oo-2500 HPS

my average heal is 3800 and crit for 6500-7k

Our merc healer sits around 2000-2200 HPS

his average is 3500 and crits for about 6500

***We are mostly all in campaign gear, and that is with only augments in our mainhand weapons, I still use the Rakata earpice because the campaign and black hole one has **** stats. Hope this helps.

I'm a healing Op and don't pay much attention to the healing output numbers. Gear is a better gauge. If you have the best blue gear you can get prior to a HM FP or SM EV, then you are ready to heal those with a decent group. I wouldn't try HM Kaon or Lost Island yet but the others and SM EV with another geared healer are certainly doable. The best gear means having your L50 matrix cube - real easy for an agent, the off-hand from Coreilla commendations and your orange gear with the best mods available. Running the Ilum, BH and Belsavis dailies a few days will help your gear alot. I got roped into a HM Battle of Ilum that I thought would be a regular not long after I turned 50 and somehow survived and the group was not that great. It gave me a lot of confidence.

A lot of it depends on the gear of the rest of your group. If they are overgeared you can get away with less, if not you need more. Ideally you'll be in all L50 Purple or better before starting to Pug HM FPs - that is enough to be comfortable in an average group as long as nobody screws up too badly. I'm definitely overgeared but have still found a couple of fights (Ironfist, for example) very close to the wire when you have somebody who has never done it before in a mix of blue and green gear.

For reference, I'm critting UWM at 7k+.

Well thank you all for the different inputs so far the most iv done is normal FPS the level 50 ones illum and emperor and kaon. And the only reason anyone died is the boss and mob abilities specifically for making my job harder(and a combination of not listening to my strategies...). I was just curious if i could pug hm flashpoints now or Ops cause there is no other way i can get better stuff i have 4 pieces of rakatta gear from dailies and crafting and i need the crystal alloy to make the net piece. And leaving the it to chance on those boxes from fleet commendations is a little tedious.

I have a 35% crit chance with a 75% multiplier with just agent and warrior buffs. Im in 2500 direct heal range and 700 periodic range. This is an agent, where iv discovered that crit chance and multiplier are the most important since three of my 6 moves are direct. I appreciate he help and the bounty hunter was fine addition and gave a good perspective.

You should be able to heal the majority of HMs, and HM EV/KP in quest greens actually if you're healing decently geared/played people. As the level of bad goes up among your follow group mates, harder it will become to heal. As you receive better gear, you will find it easier to heal dumb-asses, and eventually will reach a point where you can keep some of the stupidest people alive (even though you probably will let them die).

Our operative healers come in around 1900-2100 HPS

I play a sorc healer and sit around 23oo-2500 HPS

Our merc healer sits around 2000-2200 HPS

There's three possibilities:

1. Your log parser is inaccurate.

2. You have the derpiest group ever, who just stand in fire all day long.

3. You're all overhealing like mad.

Edited by Aurojiin