treek mute custimization or force choke hold on treek PLZ!!!!1!

Killumuch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I am of the "don't like a comp, don't use it" variety, but I should note that we still hear other players' Treek fuzzballs. I suspect this has something to do with the OP's problem.

This is simply a smaller-scale repeat of a problem that existed at launch, when you could hear others' companions so questing was a never-ending stream of the same phrases over and over again. Bioware eventually muted other players' companions so you would only hear your own, but somehow they forgot about this when they came up with Treek.

As an aside, I would pay for the option to mute the ship droids. Yes, I know they were toned down previously but I want the ability to make the bootlickers shut up altogether.

Indeed. If anything would have a mute button you would think it would be a droid. :D

So much this. I hate it so much when I see ppl complaint about treek when they should just stop using her if they have problems with her.

Problem is, she is still the most effective companion in both of her roles. IMO, having to chose between efficiency and personal preference is a design flaw, especially when the devs already developed a solution for it and then took it out for no reason at all.

Problem is, she is still the most effective companion in both of her roles. IMO, having to chose between efficiency and personal preference is a design flaw, especially when the devs already developed a solution for it and then took it out for no reason at all.

As a healer, she's indeed the most effective. As a tank, Treek is crap, pure and simple.

Tested her out against other tanks and even when better equipped, she has an issue when it comes to retaining threat, unlike other tank companions in the game. I assume the issue is related to the moments when she's healing, since it seems she does NOT generate enough threat then.

Either way, the more I played with her, the more I realized how half-baked she actually was, not to mention it would've been cool on Bioware's part to introduce the same line of reasoning, for other companions, when it comes to generating extra threat when using tank stance.

As a healer, she's indeed the most effective. As a tank, Treek is crap, pure and simple.

Tested her out against other tanks and even when better equipped, she has an issue when it comes to retaining threat, unlike other tank companions in the game. I assume the issue is related to the moments when she's healing, since it seems she does NOT generate enough threat then.

Either way, the more I played with her, the more I realized how half-baked she actually was, not to mention it would've been cool on Bioware's part to introduce the same line of reasoning, for other companions, when it comes to generating extra threat when using tank stance.

Really? I completely disagree here, I have to say. I use Treek as a tank on both my Operative and Scoundrel healers and am very happy with her performance. I was surprised how well she was able to retain threat actually. Used her as an emergency tank in FPs often enough without any problems. SCORPIO for instance wasn't as convincing for me. Ah well, to each their own :)

I'm used to her voice and exclamations by now. Many of my chars run around with her, so it's no issue for me personally anymore, but I can understand that others are bothered by it, and muting other players' Treeks shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Either way, the more I played with her, the more I realized how half-baked she actually was, not to mention it would've been cool on Bioware's part to introduce the same line of reasoning, for other companions, when it comes to generating extra threat when using tank stance.[/quote

I almost have Mako in full 72's so I'll never need another healing comp and Blizz is super effective in 69 gear so unless they come out with a better DS healing / tank companion I'll never have a use for Treek.

Problem is, she cannot DPS, and for an advanced player DPS companions are far better than healer or tank companions.

Normally I am of the "don't like a comp, don't use it" variety, but I should note that we still hear other players' Treek fuzzballs. I suspect this has something to do with the OP's problem.

Someone has to tolerate other players' game-play decisions in a multi-player game? Say it ain't so!

Problem is, she cannot DPS, and for an advanced player DPS companions are far better than healer or tank companions.

I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, that a companion designed to heal/tank cannot also deliver top-notch DPS. I suppose HK's healing is sub-par, too.. What a rip-off.

It's a good thing you know exactly what "advanced players" (whatever that means) require.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Someone has to tolerate other players' game-play decisions in a multi-player game? Say it ain't so!

Way to engage in selective/out of context quoting! Were you here at launch when there were so many companions out in such densely populated areas (like capital worlds) that the constant sound of other companions running their assorted 3 lines of combat dialogue became more spammy than actual gold spammers?

Yes Bioware implemented a FIX for that by muting the companions of other players. After the fix you could only hear your own.

Making a note that Bioware failed to keep said fix up to date as they introduced new companions is hardly equivalent to refusing "to tolerate other players' game-play decisions in a multi-player game." I noted that Bioware had previously addressed the OP's complaint but then failed to keep that fix up to date with the new content.

Then again with Bioware's track record I suppose it clearly is unreasonable to keep bugfixing current or up-to-date. :rolleyes:

I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, that a companion designed to heal/tank cannot also deliver top-notch DPS. I suppose HK's healing is sub-par, too.. What a rip-off.

It's a good thing you know exactly what "advanced players" (whatever that means) require.

I did not, in any way, state, or form, say what advanced players require. I merely stated that if you are skilled at this game, you will be most efficient with a DPS companion as a response to the person complaining that they were "forced" to use Treek because she is the "best" companion.

Really? I completely disagree here, I have to say. I use Treek as a tank on both my Operative and Scoundrel healers and am very happy with her performance. I was surprised how well she was able to retain threat actually. Used her as an emergency tank in FPs often enough without any problems. SCORPIO for instance wasn't as convincing for me. Ah well, to each their own :)

I'm used to her voice and exclamations by now. Many of my chars run around with her, so it's no issue for me personally anymore, but I can understand that others are bothered by it, and muting other players' Treeks shouldn't be that big of a problem.

I have issues with Treek on both my Sentinel and Gunslinger and when using the melee tanks both classes provide, namely Lord Scourge and Bowdaar, it doesn't happen as much.

Either way, I assume it's mostly related with her healing abilities, which simply do not generate threat at all or probably not enough and then it boils down to a vicious cycle, since the more she heals, the less threat she generates. This is particularly bothersome in some heroics I have a tendency to solo, namely the GSI ones on Tatooine and Makeb, just to name a few.

Still, there's one thing I love about her: I don't have to disable any of her attacks, since she NEVER breaks CC. :D

I almost have Mako in full 72's so I'll never need another healing comp and Blizz is super effective in 69 gear so unless they come out with a better DS healing / tank companion I'll never have a use for Treek.

You miss the point it would seem.

Treek, like HK-51, uses both aim and cunning, which is always good if you're a Bounty Hunter and her healing abilities just seem to scale more effectively, not to mention they are actually better... The one that heals and cleanses periodically while the healing effect lasts is great; Mako can't just top that, no matter how well geared she is.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have to admit...I don't have treek yet, but I like hearing her when other folks have her out. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

She was annoying for about a week. Then you just kind of tune her out. The human mind is amazing at filtering algorithms on ambient events unless it's something so overwhelming as to cause the mind to shut down. She's annoying, but she simply does not have the juice to overwhelm.

Edited by Andryah

I actually think Treek is funny. But either way, people like the OP are why we can't have interesting character races like Wookie or Rodian.

No, we can't have "interesting" character races like Wookies or Rodians because that would be stupid.

I did not, in any way, state, or form, say what advanced players require. I merely stated that if you are skilled at this game, you will be most efficient with a DPS companion as a response to the person complaining that they were "forced" to use Treek because she is the "best" companion.

It's a good thing you are here to tell everyone how the most "advanced" players do, or at least should, play the game.

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
I knew there had to be another post on this. I HATE treek constantly blabbering while I play. I almost cancelled my subscription today after fighting with it for 10 minutes. I don't want ALL the sound muted in the game, but, I don't want to listen to its constant jibberish about every last detail of every last thing I do in the game. Treek is a great companion that needs a serious mute option soon!

plz plz plz make it possible to mute her/him even if I have to pay coins I will

She grows on you. I hardly even notice her jabbering any more.

Besides ... since they would never let us mute the ship droid.... I would not hold my breath for a Treek mute.