No dam. upgrade from partisan to conqueror weapon.

Coltraine

Hello, earlier today I was really excited about upgrading from a partisan main hand to a conqueror one on my sentinel. I peeled out the hilt and mods and placed them in my favorite lightsaber. Now I know there's a lot of things going on with the bolster at this moment relating to pve gear, but hey a simple upgrade from one PVP weapon to another, that should work, right?

Wrong. I didn't really pay attention at first but it seemed like my damage hadn't gone up inside warzones, so I did an experiment and bought a fresh unmodified partisan weaponmaster lightsaber, the same type I now have in conqueror quality. I went into a wz and noticed 2 things:

1. My dam range hadn't gone up like it should by 35 damage, in fact my damage only went up by 1 point and that's due to the extra 9 strength on the conqueror.

2. My offhand is still a partisan and it actually lost 18-22 damage on that one. It's like the game is thinking I have a conqueror offhand and the bolster needs to be removed.

TL;DR partisan is getting bolstered where it shouldn't and that makes conqueror weapons useless. (the same is probably true for the conqueror armorings since I've noticed I gain a fair bit of armor inside wz's versus outside.

Here are 2 screenshots, and you will have to excuse me for being such a noob at posting these. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/screenshot2013042921375.jpg/

//Farnese , Red Eclipse.

Edited by Coltraine

Why am I not surprised by this? I haven't bought a Conqueror's weapon yet. Guess I should be glad I'm not missing anything. But I wish Bioware would fix this stuff. If bolster is to blame I'm slowly getting to the point where I think they just need to remove it since it's been 2 weeks and it's still pretty broke. That's not counting the 4 or so weeks of PTS and all the feedback they got on the issues with bolster then. I can't imagine it's not an issue with bolster and something else is causing that problem either.

Bolster probably pushes us beyond Partisan gear levels, thus making the upgrade from Partisan to Conqueror even less perceptible than it would be under pre-2.0 conditions.

The price we're paying for "equality" is any sort of sense of achievement (or simply character advancement, to suit my fellow gear-isn't-hard-to-get advocates) for getting new gear.

I think it's going to have kind of an ironic (and detrimental) effect on the community.

Edited by Kehtal

It's not working as intended though, items were supposed to be bolstered just below partisan quality, and the pvp items themselves getting bolstered is surely not what was meant. Edited by Coltraine

To my knowledge, the Bolster system automatically scales up ANY weapon/offhand you use to 1006 Force/Tech Power, which is the amount on Underworld weapons/offhands. I'm also told it bolsters the Weapon Damage ranges to Underworld levels. That being the case, any Partisan->Conqueror upgrade results in a fairly small boost in primary stat, endurance and secondary stats. You're not getting the massive weapon damage and Force/Tech boosts that you'd have seen from, say, replacing WH with EWH.

In other words, PvP weapons are indeed just stat sticks at the moment - they're not a top priority when upgrading, in light of their price.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to necro an oldish thread.

I assume that after the most recent bolster modifications this is still the case? If warzone bolster scales everything up to item level 72 weapon damage then the conqueror weapon would essentially be a stat stick (since I already have partisan). I'd like some input before I spend 3475 ranked coms for +10 main stat or whatever the upgrade from partisan > conqueror is, I could buy a couple of other pieces and get more stats if the MH doesn't appreciably increase weapon damage.

Outside of warzones I'm sure it's better but I'm looking for more in warzone damage atm. Thanks for your input!

I am rocking an ewh saberstaff full of power and it actually gives me more dmg quite sad really but it gave me the chance to optimize my other gear first

Thanks for bringing up this point. I'm interested in whether the upgrade from partisan to conqueror includes an increase to weapon damage when expertise is capped at 2018?

A guildie of mine was wearing all PvE gear while we PvPed yesterday. He saved up and bought the Partisan chest just as we joined the next WZ. He put it on once he got in and lost 300 expertise. So working as intended?

You don't want to change gear while in a warzone. It makes bolster screw you over.

You don't want to change gear while in a warzone. It makes bolster screw you over.

I see that.

That is beyond stupid however. I shouldn't have to worry about things like this. Where I put my gear on, where I go once it's on. It should be simple. PvE guys would flip their s**t if they had to deal with this crap to go on a raid and rightly so. I support Bolster as an idea but it seems like it may be too ambitious for BW to get right. I would love for them to get it right but for now I think they should scale it way back.

PvP seems to be getting worse between however the goblin that lives in the servers that controls bolster decides what your stats will be this WZ and the lesser demon who keeps you form having 8 people on your team PvP is becoming an exercise in frustration.

I think they now bolster all PVP weapons to the new gear that came out with the nightmare raids.

So yeah, no big difference between partisan and conqueror.

These two seem to conflict with one another. Can someone confirm how bolster behaves in warzones?

the base damage changes.

iirc, the only thing that gets bolstered is the force/tech power

You are not getting an answer because nobody knows exactly how bolster works in warzones. All they have done is change a piece of equipment, then enter the wz and see whats changed. I am starting to think Bioware doesn't even know how it works exactly, given that its been 3 months and things still aren't right.

Yeah I think you're right. Holding out hope for someone having already done it before me :)

Think you can try it and return the weapon if you didn't like the results after queuing with it equipped. Just don't pull the mods out of it at all. That makes the refund timer go kaput.