Do jugg/guardians really need a penalty in defensive stance?

gofortheko

The Shadow/Sin nor the VG/PT have a penalty when they are in their respective tank stances, so I am curious as to why a jugg/guard who are in tank stance suffer a penalty to their rage/focus generation?

If its because of the rage/focus generation from being hit in tank stance, take it out, we dont need it. I would rather be able to generate all the time focus/rage than situational generation from being hit.

I'd like to know why it's so easy to switch stances on the fly for both Jug and PT, but Sins have to wait for their energy to completely regenerate.

Why not make the Juggernaut have full rage before switching and doing so costs all of it... and Powertech has to have 0 Heat, and switching costs him 100 Heat.

I'd like to know why it's so easy to switch stances on the fly for both Jug and PT, but Sins have to wait for their energy to completely regenerate.

Why not make the Juggernaut have full rage before switching and doing so costs all of it... and Powertech has to have 0 Heat, and switching costs him 100 Heat.

I'm curious what the rationale was for adding the 100 energy cost for Assassins. If the problem is "stance dancing" I am not sure how it was bad for Assassins but not for Juggernauts or Powertechs. But, under the assumption it was causing a problem I would first ask what problem exists for Juggernauts and Powertechs that would require them to pay a similar price.

Of course a Juggernaut can't exactly just build up maximum rage whenever they want so some other mechanism would be needed.

I my Assassin's .

Hahahaha.

No, you're class stupidly broken. You do infinitely more damage while having more HP and suriviability than any other tank class, especially Juggs. You're also, by far, the best PvP class/spec in the game for a multitude of reasons. It's not close.

Please.

Edited by TheLakers

Hahahaha.

No, you're class stupidly broken. You do infinitely more damage while having more HP and suriviability than any other tank class, especially Juggs. You're also, by far, the best PvP class/spec in the game for a multitude of reasons. It's not close.

Please.

I never said my assassin was weaker/stronger than my juggernaut. I merely pointed out that I take a 5% cut to my bonus damage while in Dark Charge. Umad?

Bioware doesn't like adaptability in a class.

PT/VGs have a cast time associated with changing stances, lets not spread false info.

Cast time is a Single GCD. It's not like a 5 second cast or anything.

For Assassin, you literally have to do nothing but free attacks for however long it takes to get 100 Energy so you can switch, and then do nothing but free attacks again until your energy has regenerated enough to use other attacks.

Edited by Toogeloo

Cast time is a Single GCD. It's not like a 5 second cast or anything.

For Assassin, you literally have to do nothing but free attacks for however long it takes to get 100 Energy so you can switch, and then do nothing but free attacks again until your energy has regenerated enough to use other attacks.

First of all....i'm suprised seeing as you have a 50 Juggernaught you do not see the problem.

Focus/Rage requires consistently being in combat to generate and is constantly used up...Assassins/Shadows can run in deal damage and use up their pool and then kite out of the fight while it recharges. That alone makes the class far more mobile than the JG/SJ

a 5% damage penalty? please....thats nothing to sneeze at and any Guardian who wouldn't jump at Soresu having a 5% damage penalty over its focus generation penalty is crazy. ...lets not forget your Defensive stance self heals you aswell.

Now about stance jumping....DONT DO IT....your character should be geared for your spec and therefore stance jumping isn't even logical....so what if you have a taunt....dropping into your tank stance and taunting isn't going to tank anything because your gear wont allow it in PvE or PvP if you are seriously DPS.

I have never...not even once seen a stance switch save a group....the only time i've seen DPSers pull off a quick tanking encounter is when they already had the gear to do it and therefore the stance change was already irreleveant to the outcome of the fight.

Edited by JoeOrno

The Shadow/Sin nor the VG/PT have a penalty when they are in their respective tank stances, so I am curious as to why a jugg/guard who are in tank stance suffer a penalty to their rage/focus generation?

If its because of the rage/focus generation from being hit in tank stance, take it out, we dont need it. I would rather be able to generate all the time focus/rage than situational generation from being hit.

I would say it's because the Lore says that's what Soresu Form's weakness was: you spend so much time deflecting that you don't have time to strike in heated battles, hence the creation of Shien Form.

The skill trees surrounding the lightsaber forms are actually very true to the lore of their forms. The devs did a good job making a balanced game that took the lore as a foundation.

Edited by Vid-szhite

For a fully tank spec'd jugg/guardian the loss in focus generation isn't as bad due to our increased ability to generate another focus every 3 seconds whilst getting hit. Personally I find it evens out. Since we have sundering strike, I don't really rely that wholeheartedly on Strike for focus generation. At least nowhere near as much as a Sentinel may. So long as you don't use strike twice in a row and are taking damage, then it evens out. You might also say that our tanking stance is now getting a 6% dmg buff thanks to our mastery (in our mid tree). I know this is only really relevant in PvE and when taking damage in PvP.

When we're not the focus of being attacked in PvP, our dps suffers a significant drop thanks to the large reduction in focus generation. Assassins/shadows and pts/vgs don't suffer this penalty in PvP and is probably why you see more people complain about the inefficiency of tank spec juggs/guards in PvP compared to other tank specs.

I guess it's for this reason we have our 6 focus 1 min CD skill and saber throw. Instant 9 focus and 12 with force leap. Now if only cyclonic sweeps affected all attacks it would be so much better.

When we're not the focus of being attacked in PvP, our dps suffers a significant drop thanks to the large reduction in focus generation. Assassins/shadows and pts/vgs don't suffer this penalty in PvP and is probably why you see more people complain about the inefficiency of tank spec juggs/guards in PvP compared to other tank specs.

Do Juggs/Guards not build rage/focus when you take damage due to guard?

Cuz that would seem awfully silly from the dev team that experienced the fiasco that was IronBreaker (resource on hit/on guard target hit) vs. Blackguard (resource on attack) resource generation in PvP. :rolleyes: