I have returned to the game, a bit lost.

xxWargodxx

I have a 400 Armormech and 400 Biochem. I'm pretty sure not much has changed regarding biochem but I keep hearing about 'crit crafting' and 'augment slots.' I went to the gear vendors and I see these schematic boxes for sale.

Can someone tell me what 'crit crafting' is?

Can my armormech make gear with augment slots in it now? If so, how?

What's up with the shcematic boxes for sale at the gear vendors? Like the Battlemaster boxes?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 400 Armormech and 400 Biochem. I'm pretty sure not much has changed regarding biochem but I keep hearing about 'crit crafting' and 'augment slots.' I went to the gear vendors and I see these schematic boxes for sale.

Can someone tell me what 'crit crafting' is?

Can my armormech make gear with augment slots in it now? If so, how?

What's up with the shcematic boxes for sale at the gear vendors? Like the Battlemaster boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Crit crafting is a bonus critical during crew skills. On missions a crit will return purple materials for crafting. During crafting there are two kinds of crits.

1. If your biochem crits on a consumable you will get two of that item for the materials of one. This also applies to modifications like armoring, enhancements, mods, hilts, etc,

2. If your armortech crits you will create a piece of armor with an augment slot. The orange custom armors with augment slots fetch a good price on the GTN.

I would be careful spending too much materials and credits to get crit armor because in 1.3 crafters will make augment kits that you can add to existing armor pieces. I'm personally waiting for that to add augments to what I already have.

The schematic boxes are just a set of shells that you can learn to craft. 3 or 4 schematics I think.

Edited by PolishRifle

On a (broadly) related question, I've had my main (armourmech & Underworld Trading) since release but I've managed to not get many schematics for the orange items (due to levelling UT pre-1.2) so now I only have the top tier orange gear (polyplast or something) & none of the lower level ones.

So, my question is, is there a "best" mission type (eg, metals, fabrics or companion gifts) to go for &/or "best" cost (moderate, abundant, rich, etc) missions to go for to get the remaining orange schematics that I'm looking for (as I'm looking for a particular look of armour for my Trooper)?

No theres not a better type of UWT mission to drop schematics. Metals or fabrics would be at least useful to armormechs and synths even at a high level (selling low level items to alts or for the orange pieces when you drop them).

On a (broadly) related question, I've had my main (armourmech & Underworld Trading) since release but I've managed to not get many schematics for the orange items (due to levelling UT pre-1.2) so now I only have the top tier orange gear (polyplast or something) & none of the lower level ones.

So, my question is, is there a "best" mission type (eg, metals, fabrics or companion gifts) to go for &/or "best" cost (moderate, abundant, rich, etc) missions to go for to get the remaining orange schematics that I'm looking for (as I'm looking for a particular look of armour for my Trooper)?

Check GTN first, some schematics are pretty cheap now. Just run underworld missions for the level range of the armor you want. I was leveling UWT last night and got several schematic drops in tier 1 and tier 2 metal missions. I don't recall if i got any from the gift missions.

Thanks guys, I think I'm probably just being unlucky as I only got one schematic & it was a synthweaver one :( despite having maxxed affection & the missions being grey (ie, ~20% chance to crit). The particular look I'm after is the Diatum Onslaught amour & I've got 2 of the schematics, but not the third (greaves I think).

At least the metals & gifts are useful while I wait for the schematics to drop...