Want rank 50 valor? Easy!

Alenorah

First off I will start off by saying this is written by a casual player for casual players, so there won't be any pro secrets or tips, just some advice for people who dont have the patience or time to grind out valor rank after valor rank.

While I leveled my assassin, I came up with a nice little rule for myself. Between levels 10 and 20, I had to get 2 valor ranks per level before I did any quests.

Lvl 20 onwards, all I did was one valor rank per level, then I would continue with my usual questing.

Logically, if you follow this all the way to 50, by the time you are at lvl 50, you will have lvl 50 Valor.

Now, I know some of you will say that it's pointless because you will waste A LOT of commendationsl; but I beg to differ.

Let's start by listing the pro's of this sytem.

- By the time you are level 20, you will have enough comms to buy your character full lvl 20 pvp gear, and possibly your pet. which will obviously greatly increase questing speed.

- For people who get bored of repetitive questing (like myself), it could help breaking up questing by doing a few warzones every level.

- Even though some commendations might go to waste, at the end of the day, you are still getting XP (and a pretty decent amount).

- Not only will you be able to buy yourself gear at lvl 20 and 40, but you will be able to save up 1k merc coms and 1k warzone comms, and buy 1 champ bag.

- Instead of PvPing at lvl 50 with all the geared people 2 shotting you; you can do a few warzones per lvl and be on a relatively even playing field.

TL;DR - 2 Valor ranks from 10-20 per lvl, 1 from 20-50 per lvl, which won't take much time at all on a level to level basis, and you are 50 valor by the time you ding 50.

PS - Did not spell or grammar check as I wrote this whislt in a warzone :)

Edited by Alenorah

So you're basically saying that those who regularly pvp while levelling will be much better prepared for pvp at 50?

Worth mentioning you can spend your extra commendations on the pvp heals/stims etc. Won't hurt to have a stockpile of them built up by 50.

All sounds good and right to me.

Yeah basically, and I found pvp to be much more enjoyable when you are on par with everybody in the lower bracket.

Also, as I said, it really does make lvling more enjoyable (for me anyway), because I'm not constantly questing.

If you pvp you also get a good amount of XP and a good amount of credits, I accualy leveld myh char from 15 to 20 only by pvp, bought full lvl 20 pvp gear , If i got 1000 marks now i buy those world pvp marks with the normal ones .

At least i earned about 100k credits on just pvp and iam now lvl 29 ,

and i have done allot of questing , i take at least 10-15 warzones per lvl.

But then agian , been killing high 40`s since i hit lvl 20 by myself ,

but iam also a 110 % pvp guy , never pve ;P played aoc,wow past 5-6 years , never did a raid . not even Once :p

Hehe - same. I hate raiding. Don't mind doing the low-tier stuff once just to see the content I'm paying for but strongly resent the idea of having to farm them repeatedly for the full set of gear to move on to the next farm-fest.

I generally try to do a mix of stuff each night of gaming - pvp, questing and WF's. Currently in the lvl36 but with valour rank at 30 I think. have 1000 of the merc comms and a couple of days should see 1000 WZ comms too. But so they're not wasted, I'll start spending on the lvl40 pvp gear (which is worthwhile since I don't do flashpoints for gear) and medpacks etc.

Also mostly decked out myself and companion in the lvl20 pvp gear

Worth mentioning that doing so much non-questing stuff means I tend to 'finish' one planet(including bonus questlines) and then only do the main class questline on the next since I'm outleveling the content. Puts me back on par and also leaves half the planets largely unplayed - ready to explore afresh with my alts :)

Edited by Lemmy_DB

I loved doing class quests only on a lot of the planets. Bonus quests and side quests just get too tedious.

Between PvP, Class quests and Flight quests, I think I only did 2 planets after I finished Dromund Kass where I actually touched side quests.

It was fun, i got creds + set myself up with comms for lvl 50 pvp gear and a nice valor rank heh.