carefree smuggler vs evil james bond

jbuschell

I play a male smuggler and a female IA. Except from the gameplay, which is almost the same (same spe, small differences in my template), there is a lot of differences.

Honestly, I can't say there is a best experience, it's a matter of taste, but I enjoyed a lot playing my IA. Probably more than my smuggler.

Depends on my mood. Agent is a lot darker than smuggler, so take that for what you will. Also, agent reports to the Empire, while smuggler is pretty much unaligned and just out for a quick buck. With that said, the storyline for agent is much more cohesive and I prefer the companions (who are delightfully dysfunctional). Mechanics are pretty much the same, although I think snipers get a bit of extra range.

Yes.

I loved aspects of playing both. IA had a much better constructed story and more interestingly bound companions. I really enjoyed the cold confidence of having the Empire's full resources at my back. Both IA and Smuggler had some great, witty lines, but the smuggler was a lot more cheerful about it.

Sometimes I enjoy the wacky bluff-fest of having nothing but a bright smile and a quick trigger finger at my disposal, but at the end of the day, the Agent takes it. Calling in one orbital strike in three...two...one...

Now, just because the Agent is Imperial, doesn't necessarily mean he's evil. In fact, if he's a good agent, then the majority of his decisions are going to be at least neutral or light sided. Some sacrifices, of course, must be made to maintain order and peace in the Galaxy. But for the most part, the LS decisions make more tactical sense.

And if you play all the way through the Agent arc, and play it LS for the common sense approach,

you actually SAVE both sides in the war from something even more insidious than the Empire OR the Jedi. :p

Playing my chiss IA with a mix of dark side and light side. I like the dark side in situations where I can take advantage of criminals who are being jerks or trying to screw the Empire. I usually like light side for people who caught a rough break or are aliens like myself. I'm tough, but fair and don't put up with non sensible BS.

Loving this story, one of my favorites so far.

My goody-goodie medic-to-the-end chiss agent mom, and bugdaddy taught my smuggler and BH smurfspawn to at least be noble... too bad bugdaddy failed to teach them manners, etiquette, and tact.

still only on nar shadaa with my smuggler...don't know if she's going to be won over or not..so far she's outright disgusted by the republic corruption, and who knows, if this keeps up, she might start eating DS points to sabotage them and become a mole for her momma. On the other hand, i do want to sire a chiss trooper off her, probably will adopt, as any kids she would have would be 1/4 chiss, and while being half chiss, you can get away with that on black hair and light skin, i doubt 1/4 would look human or chissly.