EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

You don't know how much better this makes me feel about life. Such a relief to see we aren't the only guild dealing with this stuff.

Makes me wish I had recorded all our attempts and compiled something like this. More so now for Kephess than Tanks. You guys are now my new favorites!

As I said in my guild... rarely does an encounter improve your guild. Its the sign of a great fight if your guild walks away better than it was before killing that boss.

I don't expect ANY guild to just waltz in and take out tanks in 16man. Even though we had some pulls where people leaped to the boss before we were all ready, or people being AFK when we pull.. we still put our share of attempts in :p

It just sucks that you literally can't have ANY one die during the fight or have anyone wasting valuable DPS time. It may be overtuned but I believe that all content should be shaped this way. As you heard in our kill, we were all pumped. I don't think we have ever been that excited for a kill before.

Also for those doing 8man but watching the video:

We had ~5 DPS doing 2k+ during tank phases, with overally DPS (including shields) being ~1700-1800 per. As a Merc, doing 2100-2200 DPS during tank phases was my limit. Yes, with everyone doing that DPS we still managed to hit enrage. Welcome to 16man.

Edited by Aerro

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in my guild... rarely does an encounter improve your guild. Its the sign of a great fight if your guild walks away better than it was before killing that boss.

I don't expect ANY guild to just waltz in and take out tanks in 16man. Even though we had some pulls where people leaped to the boss before we were all ready, or people being AFK when we pull.. we still put our share of attempts in :p

It just sucks that you literally can't have ANY one die during the fight or have anyone wasting valuable DPS time. It may be overtuned but I believe that all content should be shaped this way. As you heard in our kill, we were all pumped. I don't think we have ever been that excited for a kill before.

Also for those doing 8man but watching the video:

We had ~5 DPS doing 2k+ during tank phases, with overally DPS (including shields) being ~1700-1800 per. As a Merc, doing 2100-2200 DPS during tank phases was my limit. Yes, with everyone doing that DPS we still managed to hit enrage. Welcome to 16man.

Enrage is *********** crazy on tanks! I think even with a team of full sentinels and 2 good ranged runners it would still be tough to beat!

Also, kill vids:

tanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UugzdjgBkU&feature=youtu.be

vorgath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BeUDcLZeng&feature=youtu.be

Yeah we only have one Marauder (Sentinel)... so it sucks big time. Working on making more because obviously the +15% damage increase is COMPLETELY necessary for 16man.

That sucks :( we have 4 main sentinels and have recruited a few more that need some gearing :D

Ask me anything Arsenal Merc related and I can give you all the math behind it... ask me anything about Marauders and I can tell you they use lightsabers... :) I'm more of a one class wonder.

Haha i tried playing Commando dps at 50 and well.... I suck bad. Turret fighting is not my style :(

I thought everyone in this thread would appreciate this video chronicling Chosen's 16-man Nightmare Tanks experience. Those who've beaten it can relate, those who haven't tried it yet... this is what you have to look forward to. Enjoy.

(there's some strong language, this fight will evoke that.)

Oh, I will also say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for you guys, and really anyone who has cleared it on 16 man. Not just for the kill, but for the wipes. You stuck it out, didn't murder each other out of frustration, and came out of it with the humility and good humor to share the experience with the community as a whole. Most people just brag about their kill times and throw around screenshots as if they always one-shot every boss.

*hat tip*

Any reason you would play Carnage over Annihilation?

I am the Annihilation Marauder, and I am also one of those people pushing about 2100-2200 dps on tanks. Fully 63, and have all datachrons/companion buffs possible.

I think Ark would run Carnage because he is more comfortable with it (not saying he is incapable of playing annihilation) he just likes the play style and burst damage more. I changed to annihilation after the initial change to gores timing, and I haven't looked back.

I tell you one thing, after all of those attempts, pushing for every inch of dps that you can possibly glean from a fight definitely makes you work out any lingering issues about your spec, or helps you focus on how to play it better.

It's definitely over tuned, but I can agree that I had a fantastic but arduous time during Tanks,

I am the Annihilation Marauder, and I am also one of those people pushing about 2100-2200 dps on tanks. Fully 63, and have all datachrons/companion buffs possible.

I think Ark would run Carnage because he is more comfortable with it (not saying he is incapable of playing annihilation) he just likes the play style and burst damage more. I changed to annihilation after the initial change to gores timing, and I haven't looked back.

I tell you one thing, after all of those attempts, pushing for every inch of dps that you can possibly glean from a fight definitely makes you work out any lingering issues about your spec, or helps you focus on how to play it better.

It's definitely over tuned, but I can agree that I had a fantastic but arduous time during Tanks,

Yeah i love Watchman, definitely the most fun spec. Combat has nice big numbers but i don't think it is as useful in raids tbh.

Tanks changed me. I don't know if it was for better or worse.

Yeah i love Watchman, definitely the most fun spec. Combat has nice big numbers but i don't think it is as useful in raids tbh.

Tanks changed me. I don't know if it was for better or worse.

There's a couple of reasons I go Carnage over Annihilation.

Theoretically, the two specs do nearly identical damage. Enough so that the major reason to choose one over the other is really personal preference. As Kitchen said, I prefer Carnage's play style and I'm better at it to the tune of about 100 DPS in dummy parsing.

Beyond that, I feel that the current crop of raids favors burst damage and no spec in the game really matches the controlled burst a Carnage marauder provides aside from Rage (and then only when 3+ targets are grouped).

Tanks: Time of Death 9:01pm PST (-8 GMT)

Wish we streamed it, I love everyone involved with any current 16-man.

Two images

http://imgur.com/7xD43,I8c6L#0

Ah good job, first US Republic to down it. It sucks too because I feel with tonight's patch they will change something on that fight to make it easier (AKA a little more time on the enrage timer) which means a lot of us won't have a sense of accomplishment if we don't down the "vanilla" version of the boss anymore. :/ Dang.