[Legacy in 1.3] & beyond: compendium

Deewe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some speeders that show room for an additional seat, you should be able to put your companion on with you. If you can't fit them, then you should have to resummon them once you get off. This would add a new dynamic for speeders, as 2 person ones would of course cost more for the convienyence.

For some speeders that show room for an additional seat, you should be able to put your companion on with you. If you can't fit them, then you should have to resummon them once you get off. This would add a new dynamic for speeders, as 2 person ones would of course cost more for the convienyence.

There's the following entry yet:

• Speeders (single player, multiplayer & character + companion)

Great list here. :t_smile:

One addition I'd really like to see added to the legacy (and it already fits with the coming experience point modifier unlocks) is an unlock that grants us more experience for completing ground quests, or at least class story quests. I know that we've got unlocks coming that increase experience from flashpoints, space and... I can't remember the third, a PvP EXP bonus, I think... but space missions are limited, and if you're not much of a PvPer that one doesn't do you any good. It would be great to have one that gave us increased experience for completing ground quests or, like I said, at least for class story quests.

It can be monotonous leveling up an alternate character when you've already gone through most of the content on another character. Having something that helps us level up would really be nice.

This may be a bit too far, but I think it would be a cool option to have characters in your Legacy be able to serve as Companions.

There could be two mechanisms: one for combat and one for crafting.

Combat: One of your Legacy characters joins you as the Companion. There would be no dialogue (or have the voice-actor supply 2-3 sample "if used as companion" lines). They would get all their abilities. To prevent abuse, they are adjusted to have the strength of the character you're playing (so you can't summon an L50 character to be the companion of your L15).

Crafting: For a (maybe significantly) larger fee than normal, you can access your Legacy's crafting skills. Let's say my Juggernaut has Synthweaving, but I want some good health packs that my Mercenary has, then I can task the Mercenary with it. It would work with Mission skills as well (as well as the Mission aspects of the Gathering skills; you would NOT be able to slice lockboxes if your alt has Slicing, for example). It would need to be more expensive (e.g. shipping costs, etc.). Maybe to ensure that it doesn't upset the in-game economiy, you can make it slightly more expensive then if you bought the same goods off of the GTS.

I also want to comment on some other points: I would love it if there were Datacron Codex Entry sharing. Maybe sharing the benefits of the actual Datacron is too much (it would be lame if only one character needed to ride that 30 minute Jawa Balloon, and just give the rewards to the rest, and it could overpower low-level characters), but I want all the Galactic History lines on one Codex!

Characters as companions was already in the OP.

Still for the little story it's far from a simple to implement especially if your alt isn't the same level of your character.

Maybe if it was restricted between capped characters, but in that case I guess it's much less appealing, isn't it?

Maybe not normal comps join family tree, How about your Wife or Husband comp?

Well you could have new links like friend, or relation or well I don't know anything...

Then how about having a blank link leaving to the player the choice to fill in the type of relation?

So far it's not like the relation is anything else than a cosmetic one.

Stumbled on this:

• Legacy of Travel
  • Instant teleport to any planet(after all class quest complete)
  • Instant Taxis(just teleport between taxi locations)
  • instant travel (no cool down for quicktravel)
  • Instant teleport to Illum and Tattoine open world pvp areas.
  • instant fleet pass
  • Legacy Speeder Speed Increase - Mount speed increased by 10%, 20%, 30%
  • Convenience Travel - "Board Ship" and "Home Point" bind options for quick travel ability
  • Summon Guildmate - to non - pvp area(cannot be used in combat)
  • Faster Quicktravel cooldown
  • Faster Fleetpass cooldown
  • Legacy Taxi Unlocks - once taxi's unlocked for one character, unlock them for all characters.

Legacy of Sharing
  • Shared Legacy Social Level
  • Shared Legacy Valor(since it is now purely cosmetic and has no impact on stats)
  • Shared Legacy Titles
  • Shared Legacy Credits
  • Shared Legacy Achievements
  • Shared Legacy Companions - use all companions across all lvl 50 characters
  • Shared Legacy Bank - A bank tab that is shared by all characters
  • Shared Legacy Commendations
  • Shared Legacy Crew Skills - Send other character companions on crafting missions
  • Shared Legacy Ships - Borrow other character ships
  • Shared Legacy Mailbox - Check Mail on Other Characters

Economic Legacy
  • Discount to unlocking legacy items - 10%,20%, 30%(maybe for higher legacy levels)
  • Discount for changing out mod's in armor - 25%,50%, 75%
  • Toggled Auction Houses - Switch between Neutral, Empire, Republic AH
  • Increase Days For Listing Auction House Items - 5 days, 7 days, 10 days
  • Increase Max number of Items for sale by 25, 50, and 100 per character
  • Discount for Credit Deposit on Item Sale - 10%, 20%, and 30%

Family's Legacy(RP Stuff)
  • Legacy Storys/Missions - (ex. Rival Mission - Quest to fight other characters in legacy)
  • Character Heros - Summons alt character as a companion for 1 fight(maybe with a long cool down?)
  • Summon All Companions and/or Characters to Pose At Once(not for combat)
  • visible family trees on startship
  • Inspect people's Legacy Tree
  • More link options in family tree(master, apprentice, romance, married, adopted, sibling, slave, twin)
  • Legacy Storyboard - Ability to add story's about your legacy family to a story board for others to see
  • More companion RP abilities - (ex. /companion_hug /companion_high_five /companion_fist_bump)
  • Use alts for 4 man heroics(cant imagine the programming on this one, sounds tough lol)
  • Legacy Connections - Connect Family Tree to Other Characters family tree
  • Textbox to change character relationships(I can say my characters have whatever relationship i want)

General Legacy Improvements
  • Legacy Character Slots unlocked as you reach lvl 50 on each character
  • Unlocked better appearance modifications(shader changers?)
  • Legacy Advanced Class - Level 1 advance class on character creation
  • More ship droid items being sold
  • Current Legacy Items Cost too much
  • Instant Companion Gifts(i know its already fast, but instant for certain legacy lvl)
  • Multi-Pet - Some people are just animal hoarders. Bring out more than 1 pet at a time.
  • Instant Light/Dark Side Switches(it can happen in real star wars) maybe restrictive to lvl 50 characters?
  • Move Character from Imperial Side of Server to Republic Side if class quest finished(could help to balance servers)
  • Change All Items from "bound" to "bound to legacy"
  • Legacy Rename
  • New Playable Species(WOOKIE)

Other Suggestions
  • Companion Show Helm
  • Better looking armor
  • More efficient way to change out armor mods to change appearance and keep stats.
  • Ability to change appearance of armor - ie an appearance slot(just like armor, mods, enhancements)
  • Dual Specs
  • PVP Space Combat
  • Guild Capital Ships
  • Cross-server pvp/pve raiding/flashpoints/heroics
  • Micro Companion Skill Trees

Will have to sort it out and add it to the OP, *scratches head*

• 3 weeks later...

Some more details on

.......#9 Crew Skills (Send other character companions on crafting missions).

Allowing players to send as many companions as they want on crafting mission would ruin the economy.

So how about something along being able to send 1 companion by maxed out character or, for players that runs many low level alts at once, by 10 legacy level? With a maximum of maybe 5 alts companions alts out at once.

Sounds very legacy...ish to me ;)

Some more stuff:

The bonuses are just a bit week for how much you have to play. I would like to see some better bonuses in 1.4.

Some examples...

• Legacy of Travel
  • Instant teleport to any planet(after all class quest complete)
  • Instant Taxis(just teleport between taxi locations)
  • instant travel (no cool down for quicktravel)
  • Instant teleport to Illum and Tattoine open world pvp areas.
  • instant fleet pass
  • Legacy Speeder Speed Increase - Mount speed increased by 10%, 20%, 30%
  • Convenience Travel - "Board Ship" and "Home Point" bind options for quick travel ability
  • Summon Guildmate - to non - pvp area(cannot be used in combat)
  • Faster Quicktravel cooldown
  • Faster Fleetpass cooldown
  • Legacy Taxi Unlocks - once taxi's unlocked for one character, unlock them for all characters.

Legacy of Sharing
  • Shared Legacy Social Level
  • Shared Legacy Valor(since it is now purely cosmetic and has no impact on stats)
  • Shared Legacy Titles
  • Shared Legacy Credits
  • Shared Legacy Companions - use all companions across all lvl 50 characters
  • Shared Legacy Bank - A bank tab that is shared by all characters
  • Shared Legacy Commendations
  • Shared Legacy Crew Skills - Send other character companions on crafting missions
  • Shared Legacy Ships - Borrow other character ships
  • Shared Legacy Mailbox - Check Mail on Other Characters

Economic Legacy
  • Discount to unlocking legacy items - 10%,20%, 30%(maybe for higher legacy levels)
  • Discount for changing out mod's in armor - 25%,50%, 75%
  • Toggled Auction Houses - Switch between Neutral, Empire, Republic AH
  • Increase Days For Listing Auction House Items - 5 days, 7 days, 10 days
  • Increase Max number of Items for sale by 25, 50, and 100 per character
  • Discount for Credit Deposit on Item Sale - 10%, 20%, and 30%

Family's Legacy(RP Stuff)
  • Legacy Storys/Missions - (ex. Rival Mission - Quest to fight other characters in legacy)
  • Character Heros - Summons alt character as a companion for 1 fight(maybe with a long cool down?)
  • Summon All Companions and/or Characters to Pose At Once(not for combat)
  • visible family trees on startship
  • Inspect people's Legacy Tree
  • More link options in family tree(master, apprentice, romance, married, adopted, sibling, slave, twin)
  • Legacy Storyboard - Ability to add story's about your legacy family to a story board for others to see
  • More companion RP abilities - (ex. /companion_hug /companion_high_five /companion_fist_bump)
  • Use alts for 4 man heroics(cant imagine the programming on this one, sounds tough lol)
  • Legacy Connections - Connect Family Tree to Other Characters family tree
  • Textbox to change character relationships(I can say my characters have whatever relationship i want)

General Legacy Improvements
  • Legacy Character Slots unlocked as you reach lvl 50 on each character
  • Unlocked better appearance modifications(shader changers?)
  • Legacy Advanced Class - Level 1 advance class on character creation
  • More ship droid items being sold
  • Current Legacy Items Cost too much
  • Instant Companion Gifts(i know its already fast, but instant for certain legacy lvl)
  • Multi-Pet - Some people are just animal hoarders. Bring out more than 1 pet at a time.
  • Instant Light/Dark Side Switches(it can happen in real star wars) maybe restrictive to lvl 50 characters?
  • Move Character from Imperial Side of Server to Republic Side if class quest finished(could help to balance servers)
  • Change All Items from "bound" to "bound to legacy"
  • Legacy Rename
  • New Playable Species(WOOKIE)

Other Suggestions
  • Companion Show Helm
  • Better looking armor
  • More efficient way to change out armor mods to change appearance and keep stats.
  • More modable bracers and belts
  • Ability to change moddable armor to medium or heavy armor
  • Ability to change appearance of armor - ie an appearance slot(just like armor, mods, enhancements)
  • Ability to add augment slots to any orange gear
  • Dual Specs
  • PVP Space Combat
  • Guild Capital Ships
  • Cross-server pvp/pve raiding/flashpoints/heroics
  • Way to Change Orange Moddable gear to "Heavy" or "Medium" Type armor from "Light"
  • Micro Companion Skill Trees

• 2 weeks later...

This is overall exactly what I was hoping to expect from the Legacy system. Something that closes the alt gap.

Leveling an alt has always felt so restrictive to me. I would farm for those types of things.

Make me feel rewarded for having a level 50 and playing an alt. Not just "here is some more xp, but it wont really save you time because in the time you farm these credits you could of made up the xp".

I agree with almost everything that has been posted, using an alt as a tank would be sweet! plus finally seeing mako's face would be nice.

However i would also like to see a legacy or chapter unlock for the channeled ability's like Seethe(i.e. completing chapter one unlocks seethe on all your alts to be used in place of their channel)

great thread, lets keep it going

I agree with almost everything that has been posted, using an alt as a tank would be sweet! plus finally seeing mako's face would be nice.

However i would also like to see a legacy or chapter unlock for the channeled ability's like Seethe(i.e. completing chapter one unlocks seethe on all your alts to be used in place of their channel)

great thread, lets keep it going

Originally when I saw the class emotes, that's what I thought they were going to be. I thought you were going to be able to use that class's recover. It sucks that you can't.

Edited by chimunga

Also, I don't see anything in here about Legacy Datacron unlocks. Meaning one you get a Datacron on one character, it unlocks for all of them.

I made an error on the entry I wrote holoron unlock instead of datacron unlock.

So I fixed the OP.

Thx for the feedback.

Some great ideas here. Have a few of my own, they might have been already posted so if they have I apologize.

1. New 1.3 Legacy Perks are legacy wide, so when 1 character unlocks them, they unlock for all.

2. More Legacy Quick travel Points (1 for each planet would be nice).

3. Lower the point at which Character buffs can be applied Legacy Wide, right now you have to complete Chapter 2 with a character to unlock their class buff to the rest of your legacy, drop it to Chapter 1 or even once the prologue is completed (although it would only be at 50% power until you complete Chapter 1)

4. More Legacy Armor Sets for a greater range of levels, a set for lvl 10, 15, 20, 25, ect.

5. Ability to summon help from your other legacy characters (same faction only). Once summoned there would be a time delay while they traveled to your location before they joined you on the field, unloaded their best moves and then retreated. This would need a 24hr cooldown and require the alt in question to already unlocked access to a ship, unless they were already on the same planet. Summoned alts would be buffed or de-buffed to match your current character's level.

6. Call in your spaceship to do a stafing or bombing run on your enemy, at least a 6hr cooldown and only useable to Elites and above, and not useable in PvP

6. Call in your spaceship to do a stafing or bombing run on your enemy, at least a 6hr cooldown and only useable to Elites and above, and not useable in PvP

Sounds epic to me ;)

Updated the OP.

My big hope for Legacy is that we get new species added in. I am hoping Kel'dor as they are popular enough they might make the cut even though they are ugly.

New species are quite high in the most asked features list.

Although non humanoid bodies requires lots of work, which atm with a downsized team looks like very much improbable unless maybe along RMT, and even.