Darth Acina

YoshiRaphElan

I agree.

I liked KOTET Acina very much. I think she appeared ealier in the game, but I didn't pay much attention then, also I suppose her appearence changed.

Nice empress and I'd like more interaction with her in the future.

Generally it looks like Republic and Sith Empire remained on their positions and we are the third player in the galaxy, so the story might return to : you either work with Rebublic or with Empire, only now each character chooses side independently of the class.

Edited by Typhaos

The chapter of KotET featuring Darth Acina was one of the more enjoyable ones. I hope that we can get her as a permanent companion later on in the story! She's a kick-*** Empress.

She was a fun companion for that chapter, but she wouldn't work as a permanent companion. It doesn't make sense for the Sith Emperor to be reduced to fawning sidekick of the Outlander.

The only way they could have Acina end up as the Outlander's companion was if she ends up dethroned. To be fair, that could happen. Maybe Malgus will come back and seize the throne from her, becoming the game's primary antagonist now that Vitiate/Valkorian is dead.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I dunno... Acina has too much of a Lord Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness Vibe to her... only thing it's missing is the "all Sith are equal" dogma.

~ Eudoxia

I have never heard of Lord Kaan or the Brotherhood of Darkness, but I really don't care if there are similarities between her and something/someone else. I mean you aren't really doing this, your opinion is rather moderate, but it kind of gets annoying to see characters judged for having things in common with something else. It's like saying "Oh I don't like Apples because they're edible and oranges are also edible, it's so unoriginal" in my opinion. Albeit my analogy was a little on the extreme side and could probably be completely deconstructed if anyone wanted to try hard enough, but I don't want to think of a better one. I like Darth Acina because she's everything the Sith should be. Rational, strong, wise, and she has integrity. If there is another character or order that is similar, then why not just be like "If you like this you'll also like that" and be done with it?

"Darth" Acina? *ahem*, I think you meant Empress Acina :p

She was a fun companion for that chapter, but she wouldn't work as a permanent companion. It doesn't make sense for the Sith Emperor to be reduced to fawning sidekick of the Outlander.

I'd also prefer if they keep her as an Empress and not another companion to take up space in my huge list of comps I can use right now. Hey, I got Z0-0M to run around and heal me, so I'm all good on that front.

If Acina stays as a non-comp Empress, they can do much more interesting stuff with her story.

"Darth" Acina? *ahem*, I think you meant Empress Acina :p

I'd also prefer if they keep her as an Empress and not another companion to take up space in my huge list of comps I can use right now. Hey, I got Z0-0M to run around and heal me, so I'm all good on that front.

If Acina stays as a non-comp Empress, they can do much more interesting stuff with her story.

*Poke* and let us romance her! come on!

But yeah she is awesome . But that Lorman lol :D

I'm going to have to disagree. Darth Acina came off as weak and honestly reminded me a Cantina Darth (shots fired). Our previous emperor was Vitiate, who, I cannot believe did not get labeled Sith'ari. The only reason likely being that the title fell more into legend. Darth Acina doesn't even come close to filling his shadow. The Empire doesn't need an Empress who thinks she kin restore the Empire with catchy one liners and charm. It needs an intelligent war hero with a mind for conquest! It needs Malgus, it needs Mar. We haven't seen all of Acina yet, but I'm not willing to give her a chance because in the story line, the Empire can't afford to suffer a weak leader. Of course Bioware already has this mapped out years in advance so I'm sure a lot of her cheesy terrible crafted "cunning" plans are going to work and make her look like she is competent, but Minister Loreman let me know immediately - yeah this Empress and her cabinet are a joke.

*Poke* and let us romance her! come on!

But yeah she is awesome . But that Lorman lol :D

She's not exactly one that would be running around the galaxy with us though. I think that should be the number one ability with an LI, making sense running around with us. As the Sith Empire Empress, she wouldn't be.

Of course, if we stay as the leader of the Eternal Alliance, will it make to much sense that we are? :p

(some story spoilers in my little ramble below)

I have to say that I was really impressed by Acine. Her VA and writing was really enjoyable and made me look at her differently.

Going into the chapter on my Sorc (my first character) I was planning on treating her like dirt. After all, while the Empire fought against the Eternal Empire, she bent to them and possibly dispatched a Dark Councillor or two in order to ingratiate herself to Arcann and secure control of the Empire. The way that I saw it, she was not the last Dark Councillor standing. There was still me and I hoped that I would get the chance to knock her off her pedestal once or twice. My attitude changed however over the course of Chapter 2.

I can understand why she did it though. It wasn't just a brazen powerplay for control of the Sith. If the Empire fought, it would lose and more people/worlds would be destroyed as a result.

My sorc ended up having some playful back and forth with her and we even shared a kill or two

R.I.P. Lorman, you useless twit

If we get more story in the future I really look forward to seeing more of Acina. She will remain in control of the Empire...for now. My Sorc is always watching.

Edited by Sillon

She's not exactly one that would be running around the galaxy with us though. I think that should be the number one ability with an LI, making sense running around with us. As the Sith Empire Empress, she wouldn't be.

Of course, if we stay as the leader of the Eternal Alliance, will it make to much sense that we are? :p

I don't want her as a companion and never asked for her to be a companion .

I want her as a romance while in the Story . Would be nice to have 2 Empress in a romance .

Kinda like say with Aria T'loak (Play the game seriously!) in Mass effect . She join us for one mission in a whole dlc that was about her . But once Busness was done..she went back to her throne and we went back to our own work . If there was a romance , then it would've happend during the dlc when we were helping her . And later you would see it in an epilogue if there was one .

She's a very pragmatic ruler, but you don't forget she's sith and evil and will use whatever she can to secure her position.

She's pretty much how Marr would of been had he become Emperor, or Jadeus.

You mean Jadus ? no..Jadus was coocoo in tha head . Way way insane .

As for Marr , can't claim to know his background much .

Well evil..so is the whole empire anyway . And the repb while it stand for the greater good , they do have a few apples they should be on the Sith side .

But she would make an exellent romance for a DS or LS . regardless . Just like you have Player play a Jedi yet go for romance when it's frowned upon by the order lol .

I don't want her as a companion and never asked for her to be a companion .

I want her as a romance while in the Story . Would be nice to have 2 Empress in a romance .

Kinda like say with Aria T'loak (Play the game seriously!) in Mass effect . She join us for one mission in a whole dlc that was about her . But once Busness was done..she went back to her throne and we went back to our own work . If there was a romance , then it would've happend during the dlc when we were helping her . And later you would see it in an epilogue if there was one .

So just a romance story line during a couple quests then she goes back to her throne and you're both just happy memories?

The problem with that, is it would just get people going "Why can't she be my companion?!"

Why I said, it may be best to leave such a story line to an NPC that can be a companion.

So just a romance story line during a couple quests then she goes back to her throne and you're both just happy memories?

The problem with that, is it would just get people going "Why can't she be my companion?!"

Why I said, it may be best to leave such a story line to an NPC that can be a companion.

How about something like we had with Lana ? they can make her a companion or not . Like I said , I want the romance , not the 'Come tag along with me and let me dress you up'' part lol

Not happy memory , in futur stories there would be more...always more :p

How about something like we had with Lana ? they can make her a companion or not . Like I said , I want the romance , not the 'Come tag along with me and let me dress you up'' part lol

Not happy memory , in futur stories there would be more...always more :p

They make for some good story lines :) I personally would prefer someone who can make sense as a companion and therefore I get to run around with them. :)

Dressing up is just a bonus of giving them a more personal touch. Also, I just like putting EVERYONE into Concealed Body Suit Leggings :p

They make for some good story lines :) I personally would prefer someone who can make sense as a companion and therefore I get to run around with them. :)

Dressing up is just a bonus of giving them a more personal touch. Also, I just like putting EVERYONE into Concealed Body Suit Leggings :p

My personal experience , is that (save for this game) but in others game for some reason I always fall for a character that end up dying (Aribeth , Shandra Jerro)...or fall for character that turn me down (Samara)...or character that are chaste (Josephine in DAI) :p

My point is with my experience , I won't complain if they aren't companion . Hell many are bothered with Lana (and others companions) not being able to change their clothes . I'm happy just to have that line with her lol

• 5 weeks later...
I dunno... Acina has too much of a Lord Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness Vibe to her... only thing it's missing is the "all Sith are equal" dogma.

~ Eudoxia

She is pragmatic I can say this already but she isn`t Kaan, she is the Empress of the sith and she will always remind the others sith about this fact because if you want to rule a sith empire you must always show your power and control.