RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I agree with you and we know that bioware is following this thread. They closed the other one. They are just neglecting us because they are really just that bad apparently. Everyone will have been transferred to whatever server and we'll be 5 people on the fleet still believing Bioware will give us a solution.

I know about the other thread. Unfortunately, the fact that a moderator closed a thread and opened a new one because it reached 100 pages does not mean Bioware - or at least, the people at Bioware that make important decisions - actually cares.

I'm not implying they don't care at all. I'm just saying that we are obviously not a priority for them otherwise they would have decided already. And angry as that makes me as a customer, I understand it profit-wise. We are not a priority because we don't make enough money to be regarded as "important enough". If this was a Fatman issue, they would've resolved it much faster.

All we can do however is let people express their opinions and keep this thread alive hoping they 'll do something. Bashing people for stating their opinions in a forum and especially on a thread where a representative actually ASKED for people's opinions, seems illogical.

Edited by TheNahash

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason I picked Lord Calypho : I personally picked an RP-PVP server because it combines all the elements of a MMORPG on the one server. I liked the option of doing some RP , or some PVE , or getting stuck in to other players through PVP. In my previous experience of MMORPG's , server designated 'RP' generally have older, more intelligent/considerate players and the community is far more tight-nit and stable....

reason for wanting a transfer : None of this exists on this server anymore.

I know about the other thread. Unfortunately, the fact that a moderator closed a thread and opened a new one because it reached 100 pages does not mean Bioware - or at least, the people at Bioware that make important decisions - actually cares.

I'm not implying they don't care at all. I'm just saying that we are obviously not a priority for them otherwise they would have decided already. And angry as that makes me as a customer, I understand it profit-wise. We are not the priority because we don't make enough money to be regarded as "important enough". If this was a Fatman issue, they would've resolved it much faster.

All we can do however is let people express their opinions and keep this thread alive hoping they 'll do something. Bashing people for stating their opinions in a forum and especially on a thread were a representative actually ASKED for people's opinions, seems illogical.

Oh I am far from saying they care in fact to be honest, at this point, it IS pretty fair to say they don't care at all. They did acknowledge our situation and now we get nothing. Not even a "We promise we're working on this" or a "You will be happy, just please wait with us". We are only getting silence. I would definitely classify this as not caring at all.

Edited by Cootiepwease

...which we are going to achieve by reposting "we want a transfer now" every 10 minutes?

yes

because if u dont ask u don't receive, basic rule nº 1 in this particular MMO and because ppl already post their thoughts on this matter

and because BW said they were going to give us asolution based on feedback

and because 1000 posts are ENOUGH FEEDBACK

yes

BW said they were going to give us asolution based on feedback

yep. Cant get anymore accurate than that...and the thing is...its a 1000 (almost) posts with the same feedback

Oh I am far from saying they care in fact to be honest, at this point, it IS pretty fair to say they don't care at all. They did acknowledge our situation and now we get nothing. Not even a "We promise we're working on this" or a "You will be happy, just please wait with us". We are only getting silence. I would definitely classify this as not caring at all.

So, you interpret acknowledgement of a problem as evidence of Bioware not caring?

Someone has entitlement issues. :rolleyes:

Transfers haven't even been active for a week, and yet there is an insane amount of QQ'ing on the forums. "It's not fair!" "I'm being excluded!" "I don't get to keep my Legacy name!" "This isn't happening fast enough!" "This isn't happening on MY terms!" "Bioware doesn't care!" "He stole my lightsaber!" "I want a cookie!" "I'm going to rage on the forums based on pure speculation, incomplete facts, and unreliable 3rd party information I got on the Internet!"

No one player, guild, or server is more important than any other. And despite Bioware's very equitable and controlled transfer process, yes, there are going to be new issues that affect some players. Bioware has asked for our patience while they sort those problems out. I think they've demonstrated their desire to get this done as expeditiously as possible, with minimal fallout and collateral damage, in an effort to create new, vibrant communities and a more positive experience for all.

For many, the solution has worked as intended. For others, there will have to be some compromise. But anyone who thinks they'll get to have their cake and eat it too has spent too much time playing games and not enough time in the Real World.

Transfers are not complete bioware. You hsve forgotten the three european rp-pvp servers and despite the out cry you remain silent while deleting posts that expresses the anger of the players you are ignoring. Yes, it is a more complicated matter but it seems to me the players have offered several suggestions, ideas and compromises. Why have they yet to receive a response? When will you figure out yout silence perpetuates the Bioware Dont Care Customer Service?

So, you interpret acknowledgement of a problem as evidence of Bioware not caring?

Transfers haven't even been active for a week, and yet there is an insane amount of QQ'ing on the forums. "It's not fair!" "I'm being excluded!" "I don't get to keep my Legacy name!" "This isn't happening fast enough!" "This isn't happening on MY terms!" "Bioware doesn't care!" "He stole my lightsaber!" "I want a cookie!" "I'm going to rage on the forums based on pure speculation, incomplete facts, and unreliable 3rd party information I got on the Internet!"

No one player, guild, or server is more important than any other. And despite Bioware's very equitable and controlled transfer process, yes, there are going to be new issues that affect some players. Bioware has asked for our patience while they sort those problems out. I think they've demonstrated their desire to get this done as expeditiously as possible, with minimal fallout and collateral damage, in an effort to create new, vibrant communities and a more positive experience for all.

For many, the solution has worked as intended. For others, there will have to be some compromise. But anyone who thinks they'll get to have their cake and eat it too has spent too much time playing games and not enough time in the Real World.

And if you'd actually bothered to go back and read the yellow name responses, you'll see they were basically saying it wasn't going to happen, until a "paid system" came in. How covenant. Then decided they'd look at the numbers over the weekend. It's been, it's gone, it's clear the server is dead. You seem to think it's OK to carry on paying a sub for a game that you'd have to essentially start all over again on a new server. Paying them more money to grind up to the same level.

That's why we want transfers, that's why we keep on. Keep quiet and they'll hope we just quietly go away. That ain't gonna happen.

Look I'm waiting as patiently as I can for word on the transfers and granted I'm annoyed that we don't even get an update just to remind us that we haven't been forgotten.

However, if you think that a bunch of angry PVPers demanding to go to TOFN counts as qualitative feedback then you shouldn't be surprised that you haven't had a response yet.

And on the off chance that you selfish buggers, who forget the RP section of your server get your way due to your constant ************ and whining for the past week and I end up being transferred to a PVP only server, well... I suspect I'll be spending the next few weeks rounding you all up to give you a first hand look at the wonderful world of shark fishing.

Just saying.

I never thought about cancelling my subscription.

Not when :

1) The game was released half-baked with 2009 engine

2) Poor cooldown display changes were made in 1.1 and not fixed until thousands od posts were made on forums

3) Ilum fiasco happened and Ilum PvP was removed from the game (due to poor engine)

4) Guild summit showed that BW is not experienced in MMO

5) 90% of server population and half of my guild left disappointed

6 ) Rated warzones were pulled out from 1.2

7) Lay offs happened

8) My server had poor population for several months.

But this - no transfers for RP-PVP and these recent free-to-play rumours are too much for me.

Rather than saying that free-to-play is not for this game and assuring customers that they will work hard to make the game worthy of subscription money James Ohlen says F2P is not super easy to implement. it's INCREDIBLE.

But at the end of the day I see a bright side I'll finish all storylines for free and for an MMO game I'll go to developers who know what they are doing.

Man u have a serious reading comprehension issue

try to read the closed post before this (it might be 2 much for u, but please try) and then reorganize ur little guide "how to be patient"

After that crit again with ur wall of nonsenses or offer somhow a constructive solution, that at this point, most of the SERVER INVOLVED customers have already done

I don't know why I get the feeling that with all this build up....

Bioware will make us somehow pay for our server transfer because they see how desperate we are for it

Our server is dead and Bioware just sit's back in silence while people cancel their subs they do not care

yes

because if u dont ask u don't receive, basic rule nº 1 in this particular MMO and because ppl already post their thoughts on this matter

and because BW said they were going to give us asolution based on feedback

no

I'm sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you're basically saying is that the more times you or me post the exact same thing, the higher the chance you'll actually see results. Which is definitely not the case, otherwise we would've already seen results.

I never said we should not ask. After all that's what we've all been doing since page No1 of the previous thread. But qqing by repeating the same thing in every post in the most simplistic way (e.g. "we want transfers") is not a way of applying pressure on them.

Do you really think that a post that makes no sense, one that does not have anything to say will be read by anyone? I bet you that if I post "transfer us now" 50 times, much less people will read my post than if I express my ideas as to WHY they should do that and offering my/your/our opinion on HOW that should be done so that we may discuss it and most importantly they get to see what we tend to agree or disagree on.

Also, can you please link me to where Bioware said they would give us a solution based on "feeedback"? Because all I remember is them saying they are not promising anything but they do want to hear our OPINION (and not qq) on the matter.

But even if they did, mate, you got it all wrong..."transfer us now" is definitely not feedback.

As for the "people already expressed their opinion"...GOOD. That's the whole point. But do it once and then discuss other people's opinions if you wish.

You, me or anyone else writing the exact same thing over and over again does not count towards 1000 answers though and certainly makes no difference

What they have said in the past (which actually makes sense) is that if and when they see a post that doesn't make any sense, has no point or is based around "I feel" and "I want", they will naturally not take it into consideration because that's not criticism, advice and certainly not even remotely helpful in finding out what the community as a whole and not the individual wants.

I'm not trying to deny you your right to qq or write whatever you wish on a forum thread. But, mate, don't try to stop others from actually doing what COULD indeed help.

Edited by TheNahash

no

I'm sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you're basically saying is that the more times you or me post the exact same thing, the higher the chance you'll actually see results. Which is definitely not the case, otherwise we would've already seen results.

I never said we should not ask. After all that's what we've all been doing since page No1 of the previous thread. But qqing by repeating the same thing in every post in the most simplistic way (e.g. "we want transfers") is not a way of applying pressure on them.

Do you really think that a post that makes no sense, one that does not have anything to say will be read by anyone? I bet you that if I post "transfer us now" 50 times, much less people will read my post than if I express my ideas as to WHY they should do that and offering my/your/our opinion on HOW that should be done so that we may discuss it and most importantly they get to see what we tend to agree or disagree on.

Also, can you please link me to where Bioware said they would give us a solution based on "feeedback"? Because all I remember is them saying they are not promising anything but they do want to hear our OPINION (and not qq) on the matter.

But even if they did, mate, you got it all wrong..."transfer us now" is definitely not feedback.

As for the "people already expressed their opinion"...GOOD. That's the whole point. But do it once and then discuss other people's opinions if you wish.

You, me or anyone else writing the exact same thing over and over again does not count towards 1000 answers though and certainly makes no difference

What they have said in the past (which actually makes sense) is that if and when they see a post that doesn't make any sense, has no point or is based around "I feel" and "I want", they will naturally not take it into consideration because that's not criticism, advice and certainly not even remotely helpful in finding out what the community as a whole and not the individual wants.

I'm not trying to deny you your right to qq or write whatever you wish on a forum thread. But, mate, don't try to stop others from actually doing what COULD indeed help.

after reading what u wrote i can't find any alternatives or ideas or what has already been proposed

Joveth asked for feedback, ppl gave him/her feedback

so basically i will post this

LC------------>PVP SERVER

LC------------>RP-PVE SERVER

and i DO want and aswer or ETA

I agree with everything you said Nahash except I would think that posts like "I feel I'm being treated like a second category customer" and "I think this is unacceptable" made by different people should be helping and Bioware should do something seeing these kind of posts. They just seem not to care at all.

...which we are going to achieve by reposting "we want a transfer now" every 10 minutes?

They asked for our opinions. It stands to reason that someone would try and explain why they chose an RP-PVP server, what they are willing to let go and what they're looking for in a possible transfer. On the off chance Bioware actually cares about what we want and they are reading this thread, wouldn't it be more helpful to them if we stated what we want and why we want it?

What we want has been pretty much stated and even counted at one point.

A choice between:

RP-PvP -> PvP

RP-PvP -> RP-PvE

and some people would like

RP-PvP -> PvE

Sums it all up.

And if you'd actually bothered to go back and read the yellow name responses, you'll see they were basically saying it wasn't going to happen, until a "paid system" came in.

I did read them, and they basically didn't say that. Joveth's latest post said absolutely nothing of the sort. It said they were working on it, and hoped to have more info after the weekend.

Translation: they are working on it, not ignoring it. And "after the weekend" does not mean first thing Monday morning, but when they actually have something to report.

Again, most of the people QQ'ing in here (and other threads) are basing their rage upon incomplete info or misinterpretations. That solves nothing and helps no one.

And since I did read the yellow posts, one thing I did see was a call for community suggestions on how to handle the matter. Out of hundreds of pages, I saw maybe a dozen thought-out, helpful responses. The rest was whining. Taking the time to formulate intelligent thoughts and constructive criticism would make the process go a lot faster because BW wouldn't have to sort through all the noise to find the signal.

after reading what u wrote i can't find any alternatives or ideas or what has already been proposed

Joveth asked for feedback, ppl gave him/her feedback

so basically i will post this

LC------------>PVP SERVER

LC------------>RP-PVE SERVER

and i DO want and aswer or ETA

We all do.

And if you ask me, what you just wrote is much more helpful. You see what I mean? I can agree or disagree with you on what you just said, people can post their thoughts on the matter and Bioware can actually see what the majority considers fair. Not everyone will be satisfied of course, but you can never satisfy each and every person.

I agree with everything you said Nahash except I would think that posts like "I feel I'm being treated like a second category customer" and "I think this is unacceptable" made by different people should be helping and Bioware should do something seeing these kind of posts. They just seem not to care at all.

And you are absolutely right. They should take into consideration that people who have been playing (and paying) the game are now feeling like they are being treated unfairly. And it definitely is absurd that they do not even take the time to tell us "guys, we are working on it, please show a little patience and we'll resolve this asap". That's the oldest trick in the book of how to at least buy some time until you come up with a solution.

And unfortunately, I agree that at this point they do not seem to care about us at all. I get why they do not care about us as much as they do for the rest of the servers, I get why we are "special" but that does not change the fact that we are not being treated equally.

Edited by TheNahash

I did read them, and they basically didn't say that. Joveth's latest post said absolutely nothing of the sort. It said they were working on it, and hoped to have more info after the weekend.

Translation: they are working on it, not ignoring it. And "after the weekend" does not mean first thing Monday morning, but when they actually have something to report.

Again, most of the people QQ'ing in here (and other threads) are basing their rage upon incomplete info or misinterpretations. That solves nothing and helps no one.

And since I did read the yellow posts, one thing I did see was a call for community suggestions on how to handle the matter. Out of hundreds of pages, I saw maybe a dozen thought-out, helpful responses. The rest was whining. Taking the time to formulate intelligent thoughts and constructive criticism would make the process go a lot faster because BW wouldn't have to sort through all the noise to find the signal.

im sure they need more ppl like u in their staff

This is simply not true. At one point one poster even "counted the votes".

Do you really expect us to post the same thing over and over again ? It's been pretty clear so far what the community wants.

I think they've had enough time to make up their minds at this point. All we've gotten so far are 2 messages from a community moderator asking us for input and telling us they're taking it into consideration. Meanwhile the general chat on fleet is filled with discontent and anger over the lack of information. Even a message saying there will be no transfer would be better then the silence we're experiencing at the moment.

Imagine a new player coming to LC, enjoying the game and leveling up to around lvl 10. He/She arrives at fleet and sees everyone bashing the server and BW. How inspired do you think he'll be to keep playing on the server or for that matter the game at all. Now that they've started free trials this is even more important since those 1 week players will not even bother to buy the game. What you're doing to LC right now is disaterous to the server and all we're asking for is a simple answer to or questions.

Is this happening or are we gonna keep beeing ignored?

If you're seriously considering it, what are you thinking?

If there is a problem giving us 2 options for destination, is it technical or is it considered unfair to other servers?

Is there any kind of timeframe we can be given on a defenite answer?

Those who had a lvl 50 character at the 1.2 update recieved 30 days free gametime because the ranked pvp feature was missing in that update. I think this indesition on BWs part is a far more serious problem for the players and personally I belive the time has come for us to start demanding extra gametime for the time we keep getting ignored. Right now we're paying full price for an incomplete product.

If this happened with most other products people would be lining up demanding refunds, but since this is a computer game and the audience is younger then in avarage the customers are less likely to know what they can demand and actually damanding it. The younger audience get bored and simply quit and choose to spend their money elswhere in the future.

My subscription is running out tomorrow and I have no plans to renew it. Maybe I'll be back in a few month, maybe I won't. I'm bored and simply quitting and choosing to spend my money elswhere in the future.

Good luck to all the players who hang in there and last of all I want to thank BW for 6 months of great gaming with an awesome game and I regret that it came to a end like this.

Interpretation: they might be working on it, they may be ignoring us. And "after the weekend" is infact monday and for your information it's not morning anymore ... it's tuesday, but they haven't reported anything so far so why start now.