Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Looking forward to it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware,

Please, please, please, please (you get the idea) let me keep my ping.

PvP at low ping is almost the only reason I stay with this game.

I don't care about my name - just keep the ping low.

Thanks in advance

signed loyal customer

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Super excited to see the solution next week, even early next week.

Finally an answer, hopefully a merger with trasfers available to the APAC super server (and off at a later date).

But just to have an answer is great.

Looking forward to it after 8 months of waiting.

Thanks Eric :)

Oh and just a heads up Eric...get your fire retardant suit patched this weekend, someones bound to be unhappy.

Oh and another heads up... if there is no solution provided next week, we are coming for you :D...we willl pass the hat around, hire a 747 and 400 APAC players are coming to your office, I have my nerf bat ready man...:p

Hey everyone!

-eric

Musco you're beautiful.

Super excited to see the solution next week, even early next week.

Finally an answer, hopefully a merger with trasfers available to the APAC super server (and off at a later date).

But just to have an answer is great.

Looking forward to it after 8 months of waiting.

Thanks Eric :)

Oh and just a heads up Eric...get your fire retardant suit patched this weekend, someones bound to be unhappy.

Oh and another heads up... if there is no solution provided next week, we are coming for you :D...we willl pass the hat around, hire a 747 and 400 APAC players are coming to your office, I have my nerf bat ready man...:p

Checking passport now ...... Preparing pitchforks and torches , just in case

:D:D:D:

Alkemmi

Edited by Alkemmi

I guess you finally took your fingers out of your ears after screaming "lalalalalalalal" for over 8 months.. I hope you actually do something, But You have all turned me into a skeptic so i am taking the ill believe it when i see it approach. Also if the solution is anything but a server merge i may just flip my ****.

...I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later...

Had to read this 3 times to make sure it said what i thought. Finally! Now just got to hope they decided to go with a big merger with rp channel/phases for rp'ers, permanent pvp flagging for pvp'ers, free transfers to the apac server from US/EU and transfers out of apac after a month or so... I think maybe my expectations are a little high :rolleyes:

And please for the love of God do not say "yeah after several months we have decided to... wait until after 2.0" or yeh i'm jumping on that 747 with my pitchfork :mad:

Hey everyone!

-eric

Great news Eric. Good to see the Devs have it on their schedule now. Personally i am hoping for a merge or at least a cross server groupfinder ;)

Edited by Amlici

Checking passport now ...... Preparing pitchforks and torches , just in case

:D:D:D:

Alkemmi

Yep, Passports on the shelf. Got me Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 loaded and ready. :D Lets hope it doesn't come to that. :p

Either way its exciting to finally getting a response.

Only issue with transfers is the tool they currently use does have it's downs like you can't transfer 5 Cargo Holds on a Character it seems to mail you the items from within the 5th bay now if they have an updated model of it with a fix on this issue then great also was nice to see they fixed the credit issue.

Only issue with transfers is the tool they currently use does have it's downs like you can't transfer 5 Cargo Holds on a Character it seems to mail you the items from within the 5th bay now if they have an updated model of it with a fix on this issue then great also was nice to see they fixed the credit issue.

PTS Character Copy Credit disappearence after copy is fixed?

My guess is this:

2.0 will be more expansive than we thought. It will include not only new content, but features such as SERVER TRANSFERS!!!!

Hopefully next week server transfers will be addressed in general, regarding wanting to join higher population, wanting to join friends, etc.

My first Cargo Bay is barely even full yet, since thats the only issue its getting more likely to release with the expansion because they know its important that everyone enjoys the expansion.

Very unfortunate timing for the maintenance. It's been hard getting our guild doing ops with so many of our members unsubbing recently and this kills our ops for this week.

I've unsubbed myself though my time hasn't run out yet. Still trying to find someone willing to take over as guild leader since I can't do that without being subbed. In the past month I levelled an imp alt from about level 20 through to 50 on gav daragon. Usually played during peak times (evenings and weekends). Always had group finder on the whole time I was playing that character and it only came up twice. Often I'd play for 5-6 hours with never a flashpoint coming up. Both times when it did I was not far off 50. If you can play that long with group finder never coming up, during the busiest times, then it says a lot about the server population. Only did a couple of heroic quests in all that time since most planets I was questing on only ever had a handful of people (again I'm talking peak times).

Even at level 50 it's not much better. I only get flashpoints when I group up with one or 2 guild members first so the group finder is little use. We only use it at all for the commendations. I get more black hole commendations each week from doing heroic space missions. For the most part this has become a single player game where I sometimes chat with people. Seldom enough people to actually play with.

The fact is, we've been hearing that something will be done for about 8 or 9 months now and people are sick of waiting. Never any details. Never anything to give people a reason to expect things will actually change. Which is why so many members of our guild have unsubbed. There's simply no point in paying a subscription for what is for the most part a single player game. Honestly I've spent more time lately playing single player games like farcry 3 and arkham city. At least in those games there's no part of the game that depends on actually having other people to play with.