State of the game

HammerHermann

Anyone else find it odd that of the three topics about the "state of the game" on main page there is not one mention of PvP?

If the PvP population quit today this game would be over. The guild I'm in does both pve and PvP. The pve people log on two days out of the week for about 3-4 hours a week. The PvP group is on every day.

Getting tired of playing 4 wz, 3 of which came at launch.

Oh god.. a sorcerer actually topped the dps chart, and *GASP* killed a sentinel. Quick nerf the sorcerers so that won't happen.

Its reactions like this one which is killing this game.

Nevermind the complete frustration of having to buy two entire sets of WH armor to get one decent one.

Chisaineko

50 pvp sorc.. (yes, I heal sometimes)

Warhammer had tons of great warzones they could directly steal for this game.

They are already stealing one: the new Hypergate is going to be a direct rip off of Warhammer's Khaine Embrace warzone.

Bioware owns both games.

Please, give us WAYYY more warzones.

Check the planets, flashpoints, operations for how many people are in each one and then check the different WZ maps to see how many are in each one.

We are NOT the majority. Far from it...

BUT if you look at warzones as a form of instance, like flashpoints or operations, there are probably more people in the warzones. You can't compare it to planets since they're something everyone except the most avid pvp'ers, who refuses to play class missions, has to pass through. Edited by MidichIorian

BUT if you look at warzones as a form of instance, like flashpoints or operations, there are probably more people in the warzones. You can't compare it to planets since they're something everyone except the most avid pvp'ers, who refuses to play class missions, has to pass through.

Yup, a person might even be on a planet waiting for a PvP queue :p Leveling with questing is many times faster and the Class/Planet quests are quite good. The true measurement is what a person does with his time when he hits max level.

In defense of SWTOR PvP, few months back I made the argument that PvP was more popular simply by looking at an hours played perspective. My data might be slewed from being on a PvP server though ;)

Edited by Antipodes

Check the planets, flashpoints, operations for how many people are in each one and then check the different WZ maps to see how many are in each one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed 100.000000001%.

Whyyyyy are you noobs coming to the PvP forums, to post "NO WE DON"T WANT A NEW WARZONE, BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY 1% OF THE POPULATION!"?

What is wrong with you people?

This is why I firmly believe that players that are playing on PvE servers shouldn't be allowed to post in PvP forums.

Anyone working for the game, please ignore the bads. We would love some more warzones please!

Anyone else find it odd that of the three topics about the "state of the game" on main page there is not one mention of PvP?

If the PvP population quit today this game would be over. The guild I'm in does both pve and PvP. The pve people log on two days out of the week for about 3-4 hours a week. The PvP group is on every day.

Getting tired of playing 4 wz, 3 of which came at launch.

I don't know. Don't think any European PvP server has gone above standard since the last event but the PvE servers seems to be heavy almost every night. BW has successfully scared away a majority of the PvP population.

Edited by Theodulus

I have mixed feelings on this. There are considerably more threads in the PVP forums here than any of the PVE, flashpoint & operations related forums COMBINED. Like 3x as many. That means we are either more vocal and show more interest in fixing/playing this game. Or it means we simply outnumber them. Either way you, you see the point.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I have mixed feelings on this. There are considerably more threads in the PVP forums here than any of the PVE, flashpoint & operations related forums COMBINED. Like 3x as many. That means we are either more vocal and show more interest in fixing/playing this game. Or it means we simply outnumber them. Either way you, you see the point.

We might just enjoy the forum PvP better

I was more concerned that the state of the game did not really seem like it was based on the tons of feedback that the community has given. I'm not saying that I want SWTOR to turn into WoW, but the way Blizzard handles their community is very good. They really do listen, take peoples ideas into consideration, etc. Even in game, Blizzard has looked at user interface addons and mods that players have done through scripting, and ended up incorporating many of those ideas into their own.

That being said, i leveled to 90 in WoW in panda land, did one raid, and said "meh, this is boring" and came back to swtor. I think this is the superior game, just needs more polish and the game devs and community managers need more interaction with the community.

I'm not saying that they should pander to every complaint that someone has, but at least look at the ideas and give us more responses on hot issues. Allison (Bioware poster) has been taking a step in the right direction by being more vocal and taking a look at prominent threads, especially in the PvP area here, but more can be done.

I expected a lot more going into reading that article, and the impression that I got was that nothing was really answered. It was a very broad, non specific post, when the issues that we have are very specific.