Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

The way to fix Mercs to be Viable in PvP.

1) Add that net thing. Check.

2) Put Accuracy Back on Advanced Targeting. 3% Accuracy helped out Pyro mercs a ton, and now we're dead in the water and have to make up that 3% we lost because they wanted Arsenal Mercs to have somewhere to put extra skill points. Complete utter BULLCRAP. Why don't you change Arsenal tree so Pyro has some place to dump excess points that will be useful? This was one of the biggest Nerfs to Pyro Mercs in the history of Merc Nerfs.

3) Missile Blast needs a 100% chance to apply cylinder DOT. PERIOD.

4) Increase cylinder proc from rapid shots.

If they do the above, I feel that merc DPS would be on par with the rest of the DPS world.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way to fix Mercs to be Viable in PvP.

1) Add that net thing. Check.

2) Put Accuracy Back on Advanced Targeting. 3% Accuracy helped out Pyro mercs a ton, and now we're dead in the water and have to make up that 3% we lost because they wanted Arsenal Mercs to have somewhere to put extra skill points. Complete utter BULLCRAP. Why don't you change Arsenal tree so Pyro has some place to dump excess points that will be useful? This was one of the biggest Nerfs to Pyro Mercs in the history of Merc Nerfs.

3) Missile Blast needs a 100% chance to apply cylinder DOT. PERIOD.

4) Increase cylinder proc from rapid shots.

If they do the above, I feel that merc DPS would be on par with the rest of the DPS world.

all of those things have already been done, and the class is no more viable.

yeah merc/mando got a bunch of buffs. but so did every other class. the status quo has been preserved, if not widened slightly b/c of the crit nerf.

pyrotech merc is a dead PvP spec. thermal det is now a joke (hits for significantly less than Power Shot and has a lower crit chance). the CGC DoT got a flat 50% damage nerf, in exchange for a absolutely minimal increase in proc chance on Rapid Shots.

all of those things have already been done, and the class is no more viable.

yeah merc/mando got a bunch of buffs. but so did every other class. the status quo has been preserved, if not widened slightly b/c of the crit nerf.

pyrotech merc is a dead PvP spec. thermal det is now a joke (hits for significantly less than Power Shot and has a lower crit chance). the CGC DoT got a flat 50% damage nerf, in exchange for a absolutely minimal increase in proc chance on Rapid Shots.

They changed Advanced Targeting back to the way it was on PTS (aka I get my 3% accuracy back?) Missile Blast applies a DOT?

Edited by KhalDrogoe

They changed Advanced Targeting back to the way it was on PTS (aka I get my 3% accuracy back?) Missile Blast applies a DOT?

Advanced Targetting now gives you accuracy in ADDITION to the armor pen. Missile Salvo can be talented to apply the DoT.

We still suck.

mercs are good if they can escape notice. when i can hide by a pole and snipe down from the upper tier onto folks in the middle peeveepee melee and i don/t get targeted i can put out amazing dps. it's when i am noticed and folks make a point of focus firing me Merc looks bad.

as arsenal i need to really be able to cycle through my rotation a few times without having to move. it's not very mobile if you want to be good. most folks know this and make it a point to force you to be mobile and run for your life and ruin your day with interrupts alot so you're not able to move through your rotation.

haha, you're trying to play arsenal in pvp. ROFL.

Switch to pyro if you're going to continue playing that toon. But you're still going to drag your team down, just not as much.

I agree with one exception

Always go arsenal for attack phase of void star. Sit in the back and light them up, they'll be too busy focusing on the door.

But yes every other warzone (defense of void star as well) go pyro

Lets just let Mercs die and all reroll. Yay. Reroll sorcs!

-Happy Marauder is Happy :rak_03:-

Nooo, let them be operatives.

If all the merc baddies start playing operative and their collective tears of anguish capture the attention of the dev team to the point they get their rattles, operatives might actually be fixed!...Oh, who am I kidding. It'll be a nerf, while merc will get buffed yet again someday, yet the legions of bads will still continue to cry about it.

Game, y u no change. :(

Nooo, let them be operatives.

If all the merc baddies start playing operative and their collective tears of anguish capture the attention of the dev team to the point they get their rattles, operatives might actually be fixed!...Oh, who am I kidding. It'll be a nerf, while merc will get buffed yet again someday, yet the legions of bads will still continue to cry about it.

Game, y u no change. :(

Because of the two classes, clearly it's mercs that are seeing such vast improvement on the PTS?

I'm not saying operatives are fixed, but people are whispering about you guy being OP again, and that's the first sign that your class might actually be viable.

No one whispering that for commando.

Advanced Targetting now gives you accuracy in ADDITION to the armor pen. Missile Salvo can be talented to apply the DoT.

We still suck.

You've just made me the happiest person in the world!!!! I don't see how we're gimped now though... Oh wait, I did head we don't get our 6 shots with our rapid shots anymore... that COULD be the source of our problem now.

So I just looked at one of the PTS skill calculators, the only thing I'm upset with now is the change to degauss.

Edited by KhalDrogoe

You've just made me the happiest person in the world!!!! I don't see how we're gimped now though... Oh wait, I did head we don't get our 6 shots with our rapid shots anymore... that COULD be the source of our problem now.

So I just looked at one of the PTS skill calculators, the only thing I'm upset with now is the change to degauss.

Skill calculators aren't kept up with the current PTS. Assault Plastique for both Commandos and VGs, along with the corresponding talent for Mercs and Powertechs, has been nerfed pretty heavily.

There are some other changes that are supposedly being tested, but I have very little hope that they will be buffs.

More than likely, they will revert Grav Round to where it needs to actually be cast 5 times to get all the debuffs.

Merc was fine before people learned how to pvp in this game, we all remember the guy who topped dmg done and had nothing but tracer missile bound to all hotkeys. That would never happen today, not even with the damage the way it was before, he would simply get demolished and end up last on all the scoreboards.

When i first started playing swtor i wanted to be what everyone would NOT be, a guy who couldnt use the force but managed to kill stuff anyway due to superiour tactical and technical solutions. That didnt pan out the way i had hoped.

I was considered to be one of the top mercs on my server but in the end, the top merc just isnt worth a spot in a ranked team since even a ábove average guy on another class simply outshines the merc on pretty much everything.

Mercs as they are work great for PvE but they are a hopeless deadweight in pvp. Great skill isnt even enough to make the merc ok. It simply lacks the skills necessary to complete the job.

I wont start suggesting what the class needs since there are countless threads with very good ideas.

The class feedback thread that we spent so much time on got hopelessly shat on, pardon my french.

I have since leveled assassin/sage/PT/jug to rank 50 and they all outshine the merc so very much that ive given up hope for my mandalorian. WIch is a damn shame since i utterly love the commando and mercs lore/storyline and looks. Shame im not into PvE or i might have stayed with my favourite character.

TL;DR version : You are correct, mercs are poorly developed and i see no future for the class in pvp, at all.

So people learned to pvp i guess its much harder to facetank spamming fb and railshot and pull 400k dps without think but you know mercs are ez compared to pressing one button till a proc appears.

Skill calculators aren't kept up with the current PTS. Assault Plastique for both Commandos and VGs, along with the corresponding talent for Mercs and Powertechs, has been nerfed pretty heavily.

There are some other changes that are supposedly being tested, but I have very little hope that they will be buffs.

More than likely, they will revert Grav Round to where it needs to actually be cast 5 times to get all the debuffs.

Brother, No offense but I really don't care about arsenal anymore at this point. BW pigeonholed me into respec'in to arsenal when they took 3% accuracy off advanced targeting and gave my rail shot 30% armor penetration (IT ALREADY HAS 100% ***!?) It's long past due for us Pyro Mercs to get some lovin'

Brother, No offense but I really don't care about arsenal anymore at this point. BW pigeonholed me into respec'in to arsenal when they took 3% accuracy off advanced targeting and gave my rail shot 30% armor penetration (IT ALREADY HAS 100% ***!?) It's long past due for us Pyro Mercs to get some lovin'

wut lol. Rail Shot at most could have 95% armor pen if you did a weird hybrid. straight pyrotech had 30% armor pen for a very long time, and it was increased to 60% a few months back.

the accuracy box was meh. 3% accuracy on live is 2 slots of gear. which is fine, since you dont want too much surge (it will hit DR and be wasteful). on live i ran with 3 slots of accuracy, and it put me at like 95.5%, which was plenty for PvP.

the changes that have been made made us better, for certain. but everyone else got buffs, so the status quo is at least preserved, if not widened.

and pyro merc just got nerfed into the group for PvP, so yeah