Let's Talk Forum Rules

EricMusco

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My absolute favorite is having TWO stickies about forum rules, which are cleary contradicting each other (the new ones by Eric and the original ones from Nov. 2011).

Seriously, whoever stickied the new ones cannot possibly missed that there was an old version present already.

By the time I even reported a couple of those stickies and gave an explanation in english, why they should or could be removed... but I guess even the report function of the german forum is directly forwarded to /dev/null

EDIT: On Mar 20th someone had mercy and removed half of the stickies (all of the useless ones).

Edited by JPryde

Wow, Eric. You guys said you'd be more lenient on the forum rules, but I don't see that happening. I can't post what I want to because I don't want to get another warning, but just a suggestion: You moderators need to watch how you warrant some sanctions. A lot of you guys misinterpret posts that should never receive a sanction, unlike other threads like the Copperfield ones. :rolleyes: Edited by HomicidalWhales

These rules seem pretty straightfoward.

I still remember when half of Harbinger's Imperial Fleet reported me for having an opinion and I debated it with accountdisputes and won. The day people realize the difference between troll and opinion... :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

Wow, Eric. You guys said you'd be more lenient on the forum rules, but I don't see that happening. I can't post what I want to because I don't want to get another warning, but just a suggestion: You moderators need to watch how you warrant some sanctions. A lot of you guys misinterpret posts that should never receive a sanction, unlike other threads like the Copperfield ones. :rolleyes:

Still love how I have received zero response. /sarcasm :(

• 5 months later...

I dotn thinkt he issues are with forum rules, i thinkt he issues are withthe general itnernet community thinkign tis ok to to be inhuman because ur supposedly able to do stuff annonymously, the lack fo respectf ro other human beings online in general is attrocious and all of us have to stop accepting ti as ok behabviour, the general state of asociety is diminishing and im tired of peopel who act all nice in real life because they know better and would get hrut if they acted liek they do online, every post i see almost has soembody go on ti make personal attacks against the poster with nothign to say about the topic, and im tired of even tryign to make a suggestiona nd beign called stupid or made fun fo because my knuckle is shatered and i get mroe typos then most, irl im 180 lbs, solid muslce, a marine, oen the top scientist ont he planet and im sick fo beign harrassed simply because my finger is slightly slower typing on oen then the rest, i dont put up with bullies in real life, and nobody shoudl do so online.

as far as the game goes, i despise dailies on all mmo's was fun to ahve soemthign repeatable back at 70 on wow when ti first happened, but since then tis liek every mmo went hey lets just make peoepl do the same crap over and over and sit back and get paid for it now, making ti neccessary to do daileis for progreession makes me leave mmo's period, i p[ay each month the cost of a new game every three months i dotn need to be stuck onr epeat cause peopel justw nat to get rich, fire most their staff and stick us all on repeatative cycles, its the same crap since thomas edison, tryign to keep us slaves to monotenous crap, weve had technology to have unlimtied fueless power for over a century but because uc ant put a meter on ti as edison told tesla, were all justs laves to the edisons, im sick of this world acting liek tis ok to enslave othe rpeopel mock them and treat them liek crap. I am tired of society in general accdepting treating other peopel like animals or worse

so to me, this whole thread wouldnt be here if we as peopel stopped allowing it

done posting on internet forums entirely until the state of humanity gets better-moderator4s, u should block any person that makes s statement ona post thta has nothign to do withthe post and is onlya personal attack callign soembody stupid or etc, 3 days is not good enough those type of peopel that think its ok to mock ro ridicule others need a permanent ban period one screw up its doen u dotn get to post bs nonstop and ill forums with a bunch fo well, crap. why read forums when most post after the intial op is nothign btu bashing them, i dotn read posts anymroe and am done withthe forusm till soemthing starts being just

all mmo's will jsut keep losing an honorable client base that keeps their games goign and long tewrm subs as long as it continues to be ok, ya in game ur playign a bad guy iget it, but forums arent a gamne, nro is onlien activity, theres got to be a line fo acceptable behavipour and bullyign online by some jerks thinkign tis ok to just be cruel to others, we gotot war irl when a group of peopel start acting liek tis ok to be inhumane, its war for me now agaisnt the type of peopel doign ti online, so be forewarned u trolls, ima start beign proactive in seekign out trolls and fidnign them irl

you wont see anymore posts by me until justice starts beign done on forums in general, and this oen in particular liek the other mmo's i play, and im sorry but rating a pst does nothign to stop the trollign and harrasment thats become generlaly acceptable, one time u come to a op's topic and just bash them or mock them and u dont deserve a voice after that 6 month forums bans might be ok, for a single attack on anothe rperson, and that doesnt mean its ok to ban the op if they didnt make a post just to bash peoipel that means every comment after wards just sayign how dumb or stupid they are is enough, or warn them once then ban them if they continue, defendign urtself isnt trolling, trollign is trolling (fixed a single bad typo, i dotn ahve time to fix the rest i runt housands in large guilds on mutliple games for almosta decade i dodnt have time to fix my typos, and i dotn expect u to read what i ahve to say if u dotn care either, if the genral forum society online gave a crap about humanity i mgiht goive a crap tpo type better) Edited by CriDaDimon

Hey everyone,

In most cases, your first violation will net you a warning. This warning will remind you of what you have done and will act as a friendly reminder to avoid this type of behavior. (For severe violations, a user may skip receiving a warning and go right to an infraction.)

After you have received a warning, if you do something else which violates our forum rules, you will receive an infraction. All infractions are now worth 5 points each and suspensions will work as follows:

5 points - 3 day suspension

10 points - 7 day suspension

15 points - Permanent ban

-eric and the Community Team

i have a few questions

.suppose you you were suspended for 1 week then to avoid the permaban, you decide to avoid getting suspended by not posting anything for 1 year. Would that make you any further from the permaban than before or would it remain the same?

.if you do get banned then can you make another acount?

i have a few questions

.suppose you you were suspended for 1 week then to avoid the permaban, you decide to avoid getting suspended by not posting anything for 1 year. Would that make you any further from the permaban than before or would it remain the same?

.if you do get banned then can you make another acount?

Points used to expire.. except for the most egregious of infractions. That is no longer true, and has not been for a long time.

So no... any points you have.. you have forever at this point.

To summarize the moderation here: The same suffocating political correctness that consistently makes a chicken out of a feather and amplifies stuff that no sane person would even think about. Congrats, you're part of the system that eventually will lead to the fall of mankind.

And really, warned for mentioning a historical character? You even acknowledged that it was a wellknown meme and that I wasnt putting any emphasis on his actions. Only reason i even mentioned him was because I didn't know the name of the movie.

Edited by MidichIorian

Points used to expire.. except for the most egregious of infractions. That is no longer true, and has not been for a long time.

So no... any points you have.. you have forever at this point.

will that ever change? 1 year is a plenty of time for that to happen.

I just wish there was more moderation in the actual game. I don't mind the language...but the racial slurs and talk about crimes, threats and such is too much.

I should give credit where it's due....Ive seen plenty of folks punished for bad behavior in game. Just wanted to point that out. It just seems the punishments are not harsh enough...some regular offenders seem to keep coming back for more.

Edited by LordArtemis

there are some things in the forums which just don't make sense:

1. new infraction system

infractions now last forever and i just feel like there aren't enough penalties between the 1st warning and the permaban heres how i think it should be

warning: just telling you that you did something wrong 0 points

1st infraction:1 day 5 points

2nd infraction: 3 days 10 points

3rd infraction: 1 week 15 points

4th infraction: final warning, yeah you might want a break from the forums just to avoid getting banned and need to read the forum guidelines before posting anything 19 points

permaban: you are now banned from the swtor forums forever 20 points

infractions should last at least 1 month or up to a year instead of be permenant

I've pretty much stopped posting since this went live. The moderation on these boards has always been amateurish and blatantly biased towards certain points of view, and even posters. I certainly have gotten annoyed at times and resorted to flaming, so I'm not claiming to be innocent of going against the rules, at times but by no means do I come here to troll and flame people for the sake of trolling and flaming people, unlike certain posters who have been doing the same exact thing since before launch with NO action taken against them.

On more than one occasion I've been called names and insulted many times in a single thread and the MOMENT I responded with essentially "***?" I get an infraction for being rude and uninviting, while the posts with insults that aren't even veiled in any way stay in the thread without any sanctions.

Certain posters can just keep on flaming without worry with no sanctions whatsoever but if you DARE to challenge their point of view, you get a warning for, if nothing else, being "off-topic" even if you directly respond to something someone else said. It's as if the mods have never had a conversation about anything in their entire lives as they don't seem to comprehend that discussions EVOLVE and repeating the same point over and over again ins't a discussion, it's ranting.

And now, I'll most likely get a warning for "discussing moderation" in a thread that was made by the CM tea mlead to... discuss moderation. Because that makes PERFECT sense.

Edited by Jandi