Rotations for a Mercenary (Bounty Hunter)

GinnRummy

I just got to lvl 40 and now have Heat-seeker missiles.

where should i insert them in my rotation???

Normal rotation

Tracer Missile

Unload

Tracer Missile

Heatseeker missile

Rail shot

Unload (whenever Barrage proc's)

I know i am a little per-mature (insert joke here) on my HS and Railshot with only 4 TM stacked on it.

So i am open to suggestions please let me know your rotations and why?

I never really use Powershot is it worth it?

Thanks for your incite.

PvP (basic rotation, no melee's in your business):

TM

TM

HSM

Unload(if barrage proc'd, if it didnt use after 3rd TM)

~If 40% or more use TM

~If low use Rail, if 25% or more use TM

PvE:

Single standard or strong enemy-

TM

HSM

~Rapid shot if standard, Unload if strong

Single elite or champion-

TM

TM

HSM

Unload

Electrodart

Shield

TM

TM

Unload if barrage proc'd

TM

HSM

Rail Shot

Vent

TM

Jet Boost

Unload if barrage proc'd

Tight packed standard enemies-

Fusion Missile

Sweeping Blasters

Ex Dart

mop up with rapid shots

spread out standard or strong enemies-

Death from above

Ex Dart

-tab HSM

-tab unload

-tab rapid shots

I liberally mix in rocket punch in pretty much all of these.

Heatseeker should be used on cooldown when these situations are met: 1st, have 5 heat sig debuffs on the enemy, and 2nd using it will not put you over 40 heat total.

If you have both of those as a positive then you should be using HSM as soon as its available. If those situations are not present you need to be filling in whatever you have to to make them present. (popping rail shot would be considered getting your heat in line since its a lower heat cost than pretty much anything but rapid shots, unload is almost a free attack if not a negative heat attack since if your heat is below 40 by the end of the channel time for unload you will have lost about the same heat as it cost, and if you crit you lose more heat.)

• 11 months later...

For elite bosses and a single player in PvP with no one else around

Concussion Missile:lets you get ready with other abilities

Explosive Dart: wont undo concussion missiles effect until it explodes, giving you a few seconds

Fusion Missile:Should finish charging up and hit right after explosive dart explodes

Unload

TM

TM

TM

Railshot

Unload( should be reset by the earlier tracer missiles)

Powershot

If they close in as melee, use this rotation once they close in

Rocket Punch

Unload

Electro Dart

Railshot

Flamethrower

Jet Boost

Concussion Missile(use after the slowing effect of jet boost ends. This will give you a few seconds to recuperate and start the charging attacks like tracer missile, fusion missile or such.)

Useful yet underused attacks:

Concussion missile( useful in beginning an attack rotation as it gives time for charging attacks or holding off melee)

Missile Blast( a little heavier on the heat and not as strong as other missile attacks, it can be used while running so a good attack as a parting gift when you are jumping off a platform to escape or a running target has little health left.)

Flamethrower( a steady lifelowering attack, use on stronger enemies with below 10% health or when facing two or more attacking another player)

Sweeping Blasters( highest attack on heat, but when facing a mob of people who took a beating from attacks like Death from above or fusion missile, especially while fighting your own tankers, this attack can mow down other players, but use very wisely, as it can really increase your heat.)

PVP is a lot harder and it all depends on the situation.. personally i dont use a rotaion

IF im sneaking up on someone i start with TM sure.. but if they have me targeted i use the sticky grenade then HSM.. a few have said "Oh HSM is only good with the TM stack" but i say BS to that.. if you inflict enough damage to a player in PVP off the bat then if puts them on the back foot right away.

Also dont under estimate auto fire. you can still hit up to 2 -3k damage with that.

Use little combo's like rocket punch (move back) TM x 1 then if they are still after you i then go instant stun, sticky, TM and then HSM.

But to be honest its all about being starter than the other person. But practice Rocket punch +TM combo.

I personally think It's better to open with:

Unload

TM x3

RS

HSM

it's nice to use Unload first because TM has the chance to proc Barrage which means you can unload again, and it's like the highest damage attack we have I believe. You should always use Unload when barrage procs, and rail shot only when you have tracer lock x5 and HSM at 5 heat signatures. If you have thermal sensor override it's also nice to use that with Fusion missile, it's a strong DoT and TSO makes it free.

There's a bunch of variation of rotations you can do, as posted above but i think you would be gimping yourself if you don't open with unload (regardless of proc). Unload is by far our most consistant highest damage-output ability, you will notice it more as you get high end tier gear. And when you open with it, by the time it's finished the heat is practically warn off so you realy can't go wrong.

There's a bunch of variation of rotations you can do, as posted above but i think you would be gimping yourself if you don't open with unload (regardless of proc). Unload is by far our most consistant highest damage-output ability, you will notice it more as you get high end tier gear. And when you open with it, by the time it's finished the heat is practically warn off so you realy can't go wrong.

Yes I completely agree, should always start with Unload. I mentioned the proc as a bonus haha

• 3 weeks later...

This takes advantage of the unload buff.

Unload: damage, slow enemies if they are approaching

Tracer Missile x3: good damage, and you want to fight with maximum tracer lock for less enemy armor and more rail shots

HSM: Only use if it has full tracer lock, it gets 25% more damage. Add that to armor penetration= hard hitter

Rail Shot: Made vulnerable from tracer lock, hard hitting attack, this and hsm can be used when moving, use this to your advantage to escape close up enemies.

Unload: Should be ready from using tracer missile three times, if not, throw in another tracer or power shot. Damage significantly greater from the armor reduction than first usage.

Light armored foes and already damaged medium armored foes should be either dispatched or seriously injured from this rotation. As a finisher attack , dont use attacks that need a warm up ,this allows for heals or evasion through other means, instant attacks are great. Here are excellent finisher attacks for close up and escaping enemies with low health.

Rocket Punch

Rail Shot

HSM

Missile Blast

Rapid Shots(weak, so only use if very low health, but invaluable if you have high heat)

If you're running with the arsenal spec in pvp you should firstly get the pve set bonus, this is an armoury that you should aim for, and that's quiet easy to get since it's mostly war hero which is cheap and tionese which is free: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/890632e8-5888-4107-901d-1655e756eade

PVP Single target:

Unload

TM

TM

TM(If you have time, might not always be the case)

Rail shot(Since you have the 4-pc pve set bonus it will be free and give you a bit of heat back)

HSM

Unload

PVP AOE:

Explosive dart

Power surge

Thermal Sensor Override

Fusion missle

Death from above.

I personally think It's better to open with:

Unload

TM x3

RS

HSM

it's nice to use Unload first because TM has the chance to proc Barrage which means you can unload again, and it's like the highest damage attack we have I believe. You should always use Unload when barrage procs, and rail shot only when you have tracer lock x5 and HSM at 5 heat signatures. If you have thermal sensor override it's also nice to use that with Fusion missile, it's a strong DoT and TSO makes it free.

Mostly this. Unload first so you can proc from TM. I usually pop HSM after 2 TM because you need to get it off before the target moves, leaves LOS or before you get stunned/killed/etc. If you can get it off after a 3rd even better. Exp Dart and fusion missile together are good for a quick burst when others are on CD. Exp dart RS HSM and Missile blast are good to use when you have to run. Most definitely though, you want to build stacks for RS and HSM.