make sage/sorcs bubble stun brake on dmg

vailingfob

Balance sages do it all the time, and do so quite well. I know several balance sages that destroy melee, and I watch them fight and wonder what all the fuss is about. Then I realize most people who complain about a class play them completely wrong or just suck at pvp in general.

So you agree- people complaining about the stun bubble suck at pvp and are playing their class wrong, and there shouldn't be a nerf to it.

Oh- wait, no, you meant if someone OTHER THAN YOU whines, it's them sucking, but if YOU want a nerf, it's completely fine.

Forgot that caveat.

The reason that they should not make bubble stun break on damage is that there are far too many dots in the game to use the bubble stun reliably. Hell, every sorc spec uses dots, even healers (for force lightning/mana regen purposes), so having it break on damage would make it completely pointless.

What they should and probably will do according to a developer interview, is possibly limit the stun effect to the caster, so that the entire team doesn't get a free 3 second stun. This will keep the sorc at their current level of usefulness and not decrease their survivability while balancing mass force bubble spamming.

As I've written before, I would trade the ability to shield teammates with the stunning bubble IF Bioware makes Smash/Force Sweep based on one's actual crit rating rather than the current guaranteed one. I got hit for 7.2k this morning in a Voidstar and then 6.4k a few seconds later, yet I have 1390 expertise. This change would force lolsmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power and surge which would, in turn, bring the frequency and magnitude of such huge hits down into reasonable territory.

Keeping lolsmashers stunned from the popping bubbles of our teammates (and our own) is basically our only real defense against such ridiculous damage. The guaranteed lolsmash crit plus the stunning bubble must be changed together for this to be fair.

As I've written before, I would trade the ability to shield teammates with the stunning bubble IF Bioware makes Smash/Force Sweep based on one's actual crit rating rather than the current guaranteed one. I got hit for 7.2k this morning in a Voidstar and then 6.4k a few seconds later, yet I have 1390 expertise. This change would force lolsmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power and surge which would, in turn, bring the frequency and magnitude of such huge hits down into reasonable territory.

Keeping lolsmashers stunned from the popping bubbles of our teammates (and our own) is basically our only real defense against such ridiculous damage. The guaranteed lolsmash crit plus the stunning bubble must be changed together for this to be fair.

The problem with getting rid of auto crit on smash is that there are many talents that are dedicated specifically to improving the CRIT damage of smash, but not the non crit damage. To make rage viable once you remove that auto crit, we would need to stack ridiculous amounts of crit. So much that the spec would no longer be viable. If they did this ,they would have to completely rewrite how rage works, and since they just did a big tweak to it, I find this unlikely to happen.

One sorc that has bubble stun that ONLY stuns when he casts the bubble on himself = fine.

One sorc that gives 8 people a 3 second stun every 15 seconds = not fine.

Also, if the sorc stun is going to be allowed to be used offensively (by right clicking it off to auto stun people) then it needs to give appropriate resolve for an offensive ability (defensive stun abilities give half the amount of normal offensive stuns for resolve). Currently, it takes 6 bubble stuns running their full length to fully resolve cap a person. That is 18 seconds of stunlock. I think we can all agree that this is excessive.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that rage needs tweaked, as in the damage coefficients and possibly some of the talents that increase damage should be lowered, BUT, the change you are suggesting would actually break the spec and make it unplayable. I doubt you realized this since you do not main a warrior, so it is forgivable, but the changes you suggest would require a complete rewrite.

And if you feel that rage spec AOE damage is overpowered, how do you feel about pyrotech powertechs doing the same damage... on a single target?

Honestly, I just wish we could go back to pre 1.4 PvP, hell even to 1.2. It was actually fairly balanced and fun then.

Edited by Aluvi

Also, if the sorc stun is going to be allowed to be used offensively (by right clicking it off to auto stun people) then it needs to give appropriate resolve for an offensive ability (defensive stun abilities give half the amount of normal offensive stuns for resolve). Currently, it takes 6 bubble stuns running their full length to fully resolve cap a person. That is 18 seconds of stunlock. I think we can all agree that this is excessive.

^^^^^^ this. It is not fun having the other team repeatedly click off the bubble and stun some of a team for 10+ seconds(or most of your team in chokes). If your cc breaker is down and you do not time it correctly you are dead and there is nothing you can do...... it basically gives every class in the game another stun on a faster cooldown.....

Edited by calamatiesend

The problem with getting rid of auto crit on smash is that there are many talents that are dedicated specifically to improving the CRIT damage of smash, but not the non crit damage. To make rage viable once you remove that auto crit, we would need to stack ridiculous amounts of crit. So much that the spec would no longer be viable. If they did this ,they would have to completely rewrite how rage works, and since they just did a big tweak to it, I find this unlikely to happen.

One sorc that has bubble stun that ONLY stuns when he casts the bubble on himself = fine.

One sorc that gives 8 people a 3 second stun every 15 seconds = not fine.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that rage needs tweaked, as in the damage coefficients and possibly some of the talents that increase damage should be lowered, BUT, the change you are suggesting would actually break the spec and make it unplayable. I doubt you realized this since you do not main a warrior, so it is forgivable, but the changes you suggest would require a complete rewrite.

And if you feel that rage spec AOE damage is overpowered, how do you feel about pyrotech powertechs doing the same damage... on a single target?

Honestly, I just wish we could go back to pre 1.4 PvP, hell even to 1.2. It was actually fairly balanced and fun then.

Meh, there's a lot of classes and specs which buff crit damage but then which don't have any kind of autocrit on the abilities they buff. They seem to do ok. Rage Jugg wouldn't be as broken as you seem to think it would be, though it would be a comparatively large nerf compared to what you can do now.

But then that would be the point.

So you agree- people complaining about the stun bubble suck at pvp and are playing their class wrong, and there shouldn't be a nerf to it.

Oh- wait, no, you meant if someone OTHER THAN YOU whines, it's them sucking, but if YOU want a nerf, it's completely fine.

Forgot that caveat.

L2p RDPS do not stand next to a smash, lolsmash when you see a bubble, do not leap, run the otherway stay out of range.

bubble stun is broken. that is all

So is whole marauder class since launch. And ironically its been buffed few times in meantine.

And?

snip

Funny that you dont mention:

giving any class i win buttons= NOT FINE

Of course, that would mean that youd have to L2P.

Edited by GrandMike

how about bubbles on team m8's don't stun ? any problems ? or like i said at start should only stun twice before full resolve, full resolve doesn't last to long lol.... how many stuns dose a class need lol not saying its OP its just annoying and there not even trying to annoy u, vid was just to show some that didn't now and i never said that it was them playing normal lol ofc they are trolling

how about bubbles on team m8's don't stun ? any problems ? or like i said at start should only stun twice before full resolve, full resolve doesn't last to long lol.... how many stuns dose a class need lol not saying its OP its just annoying and there not even trying to annoy u, vid was just to show some that didn't now and i never said that it was them playing normal lol ofc they are trolling

How about they fix most glaring issue first - marauders.

Then they can concentrate on less important stuff like bubble stun.

Edited by GrandMike

how about u whine on a form about marauders ?

How about you whine about issues that actually matter?

First things first bro. From big issues to small ones.

And maraudeds need fixing from launch, thats a heck of lot of time with issue unattended.

Edited by GrandMike

How about you whine about issues that actually matter?

First things first bro. From big issues to small ones.

And maraudeds need fixing from launch, thats a heck of lot of time with issue unattended.

u are never going to have perfect balance in any mmo's pvp unless all classes where same :p