Reverse Engineering in stacks vs individual

winterforge

If I am reverse engineering to try and find schematics in Biochem, does it make a difference if the item is in a stack or by itself? Do I increase my odds at all if I split and do one at a time?

There is basically 2 possibilities...

1 - Same chances / Faster possible results... if the game takes all 10 items and roll 1 dice for every items that means in 1 click you roll the dice 10 times so it would be faster chances to get the 100 you need to get a modification to your currect recipe

2 - Less chances... YES you read properly LESS chances... If it rolls only 1 dice of 100 that means you only have 1 chance to hit that 100 you need to get a new recipe...

But from what the other poster said I think it's more like the first possibilities...

You don't have more chances.. It's just that it's technically faster than other crafting crew skill since you don't have 10 times 10 seconds (click - wait - loot) to do for 10 items...

But in no way (unless a bug) it's meant to have more chances on a stack RE

Edited by pSyToR

On the other hand...

If you reverse engineer a stack of 20 then it took you 20 chances to get it to work. If you split it up into 20 you MIGHT hit it on the 1st, 2nd or 15th try.

I realize that's stating the obvious but it's something to think about. If you're RE'ing something cheap/easy then a stack might be best but otherwise I wouldn't think so.

• 1 month later...
I do individual.

There were 2 times I got my epic proc on the first try REing the first item produced for Biochem.

This allowed me to stop producing the rest of the blues in queue.

I think REing a stack is bugged for the same reason. My first two purples were off single items. Did a stack of 10 and not only did it not proc, I got back a lot less materials than I thought I would.

I know anecdotal doesn't mean much, and lack of numbers less so, but the result went beyond the range of what I expected, enough to catch my attention. I will start keeping a log moving forward but for now, I'm staying away from REing stacks.

Edited by ProxEnmity