Battle Focus Question

Capt_Beers

I was wondering what the best place in the rotation is for it (PvP wise). On the PTS I was using:

Sticky Grenade > AP > IR > Battle Focus > HiB > SS > HiB

I did this so it would be active longer after the initial burst to hopefully affect more HiB's. I was also thinking that it would affect the grenades because they hadn't gone off yet. But then I thought that since the grenades place a debuff on the target they wouldn't be affected by Battle focus as they were cast before it was in effect.

Has anyone tested this or feel like testing it?

I posted this in the Vanguard forum too but that place seems like a ghost town. figured I'd get an answer quicker here.

You may be better off asking in the related class forum.

I did but there is only one page of posts in the Vanguard forum so I figured I would try here too.

Guess I'll try the Trooper general forum as well.

Edited by Capt_Beers

I prefer to put both dots and both grenades on before I pop it so that everything blows while it's active. if i start dpsing from 10m, I can get two almost simultaneous hib's and I'm guaranteed a 3rd. unfortunately, every 6s means a 3rd proc'd hib (4th overall) is impossible.

edit: I"m unsure about how cleansing works. does it cleanse the first two negative effects or the last two negative effects? that would impact when I threw sticky and incendiary, as the latter I would want to stay on.

Edited by foxmob

Damage that a dot effect deals is calculated each time a tick happens not during initial application.

In other words, if you pop an adrenal / relic / ability halfway through a dot's duration the remaining ticks would get affected by them.

Going from that it is safe to say that battle focus's effect is added to damage calculations by the time assault plastique/sticky grenade actually deals its damage.

TL;DR : Yes using battle focus after you have used grenades will still give you increased crit chance.

Edited by Davionix

Damage that a dot effect deals is calculated each time a tick happens not during initial application.

In other words, if you pop an adrenal / relic / ability halfway through a dot's duration the remaining ticks would get affected by them.

Going from that it is safe to say that battle focus's effect is added to damage calculations by the time assault plastique/sticky grenade actually deals its damage.

TL;DR : Yes using battle focus after you have used grenades will still give you increased crit chance.

That's what I was thinking I just wasn't sure. Thanks.