Facebook Connect is Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
I have linked my account and yet I see no updates on my Facebook when I level up. I even logged out and back inof both facebook and my SWTOR account and yet it still seems as if they are not connected, even though in the account they are linked correctly.

Hmm... I do see my Sith Sorcerer reaching level 50 there, but not 51.

Hi there folks,

The "Level Up" posting feature will only show up in increments of 5 (level 5, 10, 15, 20... etc). It was done this way to prevent folks from spam. Please let us know if you're not seeing any updates at all!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi there Ethock,

The "Level Up" posting feature will only show up in increments of 5 (level 5, 10, 15, 20... etc). It was done this way to prevent folks from spamming. Please let us know if you're not seeing any updates at all!

What about the achievement? I linked mine with all of the checkboxes. I have hunted for achievements and gotten a few since linking it an no update. No update when I start playing. No level updates ( i hit 10 on a new character last night). Nothing.

Hi there folks,

The "Level Up" posting feature will only show up in increments of 5 (level 5, 10, 15, 20... etc). It was done this way to prevent folks from spam. Please let us know if you're not seeing any updates at all!

Why do you guys not EXPLAIN these things when you do them heh? :rolleyes:

Hi there folks,

If this is the case, maybe you should look into it saying "NAME" started playing on "SERVER" in The Old Republic, every time you switch chars. I have alot of alts that I craft with and it popped that message when I logged into each one. That is alot of spam.

Hi there folks,

Even though I'll never do this, that's a good idea to not make it every level. When I did the twitter connect with Champions Online, it would spam the hell out of the twitter page where a few people dropped me because of the "CO spam" and then readded when assured I stopped it.

Hi there folks,

So I noticed, yes. I do actually like this better, I guess, especially at the start of the game where you level up quite quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i have read through this whole section to see how this linking is supposed to work but nothing shows up on my facebook i must be missing something somewhere i think.

i have ticked all the boxes in the connecting with facebook through my account and saved them.

i have gone to facebook and recent activities and nothing in there .

is there something on facebook its self im supposed to do like a setting or something im unaware of i need to change for it to start showing up or is this a general bug and im not the only 1 with this issue ?

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't work for me :(

Had the saving token issue, seemingly resolved. Says it's saved and connected as me. All check boxes are checked but nothing being posted and no one can see anything being posted?

Edited by Pigdaddy

Now, reaching out and connecting with Facebook friends from your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account is faster than the Rakghoul Plague can spread!

We contained the plague longtime ago. It does not spread at all anymore. How long is this Facebook thing supposed to take? Aeons?

This was kind of disappointing. I was really hoping to see updates posted on my wall/newsfeed for my friends tp see/ . It would be cool if it included a picture of the toon as well. This could be a great marketing tool. but burying it in the Activity Log is somewhat pointless.

This was kind of disappointing. I was really hoping to see updates posted on my wall/newsfeed for my friends tp see/ . It would be cool if it included a picture of the toon as well. This could be a great marketing tool. but burying it in the Activity Log is somewhat pointless.

Agreed was disappointed in it myself hopefully they will upgrade it to do that!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...