PTR 2 pc field tech set bonus typo?

ViridianVex

The PTR patch notes have conflicting information for the 2 piece field tech set bonus.

Operative (DPS)

Field Tech's Gear 2pc (PvE): Increases Backstab critical chance by 15.

Scoundrel (DPS)

Field Tech's Gear 2pc (PvE): Increases Back Blast critical chance by 15.

Sniper (DPS)

Field Tech's Gear 2pc (PvE): Activating Target Acquired restores 10 Energy.

Gunslinger (DPS)

Field Tech's Gear 2pc (PvE): Activating Illegal Mods restores 10 Energy.

Can anyone confirm which of these is correct? I would assume the second set is right.. It sure would be nice if they put the backstab bonus on the pvp enforcer gear as well, but I guess that may be wishful thinking.

I was referring to the fact that it lists two different set bonuses for field tech 2 piece pve. Field tech is the sniper/slinger set normally, but one of the abilities listed is for snipers/slinger, and the other for ops/scoundrels. It looks like they meant to put enforcer's set for the back blast/back stab, but this is already what it is on live, so there must be some mistake.

Thanks Hallow. I assume you mean the enforcers set bonus is 15% crit on shiv now?

yes. I dislike it immensely. Never had a issue with shiv critting for 3k or more, I want my backstab to keep it's 15 percent crit.

This.

Just logged into the PTS myself and saw it applied to Shiv / Blaster Whip on the new gear, though Campaign still had Backstab / Backblast listed at the classic vendor.

With the expertise changes Im not sure of the loss of 136 expertise (68 expertise on two armorings) would be a good tradeoff for +15% to BS anymore, but I sure don't like it being taken away as an option to even try and work through on my own.

As for what numbers I could put together in that reguard..

With 1332 expertise on my pts toon I had the following pvp bonuses:

Damage Boost: 39.70%

Damage Reduction: 28.42%

Healing: 13.45%

With subtracting 130 expertise (as close as I could get to 136 with my gear) they were the following:

Damage Boost: 35.83%

Damage Reduction: 26.38%

Healing: 12.14%

So while the math isn't exact, even if they revert back to the +15% on Backstab / Backblast on PVE gear, we are looking at a ~4% overall reduction in pvp damage boost and ~2% less overall pvp damage reduction to get it.

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

yes. I dislike it immensely. Never had a issue with shiv critting for 3k or more, I want my backstab to keep it's 15 percent crit.

Yeah I don't like it either.. I can see that it might be a slight increase to sustained damage in pve because of the lower cd on shiv, but for pvp the burst from back stab is much nicer. At least exfiltrate and the laceration changes look nice..

This too. But I guess they don't want those of us who will have been around long enough to be getting such a bonus because of gear no longer open to future players and re rolls.

then they should just put it on the enforcer pvp armorings and make evasion already last 4 secs. infiltrate bonus can go away for all the amount I use it, I just like that extra second of evasion.

then they should just put it on the enforcer pvp armorings and make evasion already last 4 secs. infiltrate bonus can go away for all the amount I use it, I just like that extra second of evasion.

Would make sense. Add that to the new barrel roll, and that's 5 seconds of Evasion. Super good for escaping without having to pop CS.