It has come, Sniper/Slinger ORBITAL/FLYBY NERFS

paowee

[PVE] OS/XS nerfs

It is interesting that so many Smugglers/Imperial Agents have taken such a liking to the 2-piece Gunslinger/Sniper PvP set bonus. Due to the DPS gain, it is understandable why this is the case, but the results of this design are unintentional. We touched a little bit on this in the Gunslinger/Sniper questions, and we can go into a bit more depth since you have specifically asked about it.

Because of how our ability damage is scored, XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike puts out some of the best DPS in the game – assuming all of its damage ticks hit a target – and this is without the set bonus. While we do intend for XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike to be an excellent choice against three or more enemy targets in an area, the single-target effectiveness of the ability is not intended to be so good, with a possible exception for the Saboteur/Engineering Gunslinger/Sniper. But the other five Smuggler/Imperial Agent specializations are not meant to be using the ability against a single target. To address this issue, we plan to make a few changes.

First, we will be lowering the effectiveness of XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike by reducing some combination of its cooldown, activation time, and energy cost. Then we will rescore the damage it does. This will allow it to be used more easily and more often, but it will deal less damage per use. We will also be swapping the 2-piece and 4-piece Gunslinger/Sniper PvP set bonuses, so that the extra tick of XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike damage will be tied to four pieces, and the increased range for Distraction and Quickdraw/Takedown will be tied to two pieces. These changes should combine to bring XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike closer to its intended purpose: being a marvelous multi-target ability and a less than optimal single-target ability.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=679060

Some thoughts:

• If BW does it correctly they want OS/XS it to be a DPS loss when used in your single target rotation (with the exception for Engi/Saboteur). It is because of this why we will not include OS/Flyby in the comprison parses below
  • No 30% DPS talent from Lethality or any of the Lethality changes they said they plan to add in the future
  • No execute ability for MM and Hybrid
  • Will PvE Snipers still farm the 4-pc PVP bonus and play the MM and Hybrid specs the same way they do now (2.0)?

EDIT: What happens when we remove Orbital Strike from our single target rotation?

5 MIN SINGLE TARGET PARSES WITHOUT Orbital Strike

Bye Bye Bye Fly Bye - youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr86zynfCqM&t=0m39s

- Orbital in the beginning of the fight only (pre-casted)

- WEARING 4-pc PVE bonus (3 ticks of OS)

- prototype nano-infused skill stim

- no armor pen debuff

- no adrenals

- NERF aims to remove OS/XS from single target rotation. BW intended for this ability to be used when multiple targets will be hit. Not for single target DPS.

- NERF should bring our single target DPS closer to other classes. In a raid setting we will still have competitive if not superior AOE DPS (especially with the ~coming Engi buffs. BW mentioned they are planning to buff Full Lethality as well). Snipers also have great utility thanks to their gimmicky diversion, best knockback/root in the game and raid wide 20% damage reduction.

MM 36/3/7

Opener: OS - Ambush - CD - (TA/IM) - FT - SoS - FT - SV - SoS - FT - EP - Snipe - Snipe - FT (AP when needed)

Ambush - FT - SoS - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT

*Max uptime on CD without dipping energy while sticking to the MM rotation as much as possible

*Laze Target/Smuggler's Luck on cooldown

1. 2771 DPS 30% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419436/time/1378963252/1378963552/0/Overview

2. 2621 DPS 32% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419436/time/1378963585/1378963885/0/Overview

3. 2708 DPS 29% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419436/time/1378963926/1378964226/0/Overview

4. 2740 DPS 32% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419436/time/1378964260/1378964560/0/Overview

5. 2701 DPS 31% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419458/time/1378966601/1378966901/0/Overview

AVG CRIT: 30%

AVG DPS (no OS): 2708 DPS

PARSE 1 (with OS): 2872 DPS 30% Crit

DPS LOSS: 164 DPS if we stop using Orbital all together

DPS LOSS even if we use Orbital on cooldown due to removal of 2-pc PVP bonus

On the other hand, results were very interesting for the Hybrid Spec

HYBRID

Opener: OS - Ambush - IP - CG - CD - (TA/IM) Cull - SoS - EP - Lazed Snipe - Cull (AP when needed)

IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - Ambush* - Cull

*EP replaces Ambush when EP is up

*Lazed Snipe on cooldown

Here we have Hybrid parses, without Orbital

1. 2843 DPS 36% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419478/time/1378967716/1378968016/0/Overview <-high crit parse

2. 2831 DPS 38% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419478/time/1378968055/1378968355/0/Overview <-high crit parse

3. 2820 DPS 35% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419487/time/1378968733/1378969033/0/Overview

4. 2847 DPS 36% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419501/time/1378970146/1378970446/0/Overview

AVG CRIT: 35%

AVG DPS: 2835 DPS

DPS GAIN: 10 DPS

Here we have Hybrid parses WITH ORBITAL, but without the 2-pc PVP bonus

1: 2823 DPS 36% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419490/time/1378969243/1378969543/0/Overview

2: 2821 DPS 38% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419496/time/1378969628/1378969928/0/Overview

3: 2831 DPS 33% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419502/time/1378970655/1378970970/0/Overview

AVG DPS: 2825 DPS

Rotation: includes timing TA/AP (IM/CH) wIth Orbital Strike so that I can do Cull -> OS -> SoS -> Cull without having to do the lesser dps rotation: Cull -> OS -> RS -> RS -> Cull.

Without the 2-pc PVP bonus it looks like its better DPS to remove Orbital Strike from your Hybrid rotation altogether(?)

At a glance it looks like it makes sense. You are trading off (when no energy cds are available),

1 SoS and 1 Ambush/EP to cast Orbital Strike. Remember without energy cds its either

Cull -> SoS -> Ambush/EP -> Cull or

Cull -> OS -> RS -> RS -> Cull.

My tooltip says

SoS = 7700-9932 damage

Ambush = 5800-7043 damage

Explosive Probe + Cluster Bombs = 4761 damage + ~2500 for a total of at least 13,000 damage.

****edit: i think i may have the power buffs onwhen i looked at my sos/ambush tooltip........*****

My OS tooltip says without the 2-pc PVP bonus

9362 damage

BW was right when they mentioned mutliple targets and EP/OS during our Sniper Q&A. Add the fact that there are always multiple targets in a raid, we now see OS/EP forcing itself into the Lethality rotation with the Hybrid spec as the end result.

Last but not the least,

LETHALITY

Opener: Ambush - CG - CD - WB - (TA/IM) - Cull - SoS - TD - Cull - TD (AP when needed)

CG - CD - WB - Cull - SoS - TD - Cull - TD

*EP with TA/IM

1. 2875 DPS 35% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419512/time/1378885980/1378886281/0/Overview

2. 2887 DPS 35% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419518/time/1378886557/1378886867/0/Overview

3. 2988 DPS 34% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419527/time/1378887976/1378888276/0/Overview

4. 2981 DPS 36% crit http://www.torparse.com/a/419535/time/1378889629/1378889929/0/Overview

AVG DPS: 2932 DPS

Summary:

MM is still up in the air. We don't know the context of BW's answer to the Scoundrel Q&A. Maybe there are changes in the MM tree but ofcourse they won't talk about that in the Scoundrel forum. My guess is that MM should still be using OS on cooldown (paired with Sniper Volley) despite any OS nerf. The alternative is just too low DPS...

MM DPS without Orbital: 2708 DPS

MM DPS with Orbital (4-pc PVE): 2872 DPS

Hybrid without Orbital looks like it does more if not the same DPS as Hybrid with Orbital but without the 2-pc PVP set bonus. Is the 2-pc PVP set bonus really this powerful? More parses from other people would be great!

HYBRID DPS without Orbital: 2835 DPS

HYBRID DPS with Orbital (4-pc PVE): 2825 AVG DPS

Before the xpac came i did notice that Lethality was doing more DPS than Hybrid if you remove Orbital Strike. Did not mind it much since ofcourse everyone was excited about the all new MM/SS and the new Engineering/Saboteur. BW was right in our QA again. Lethality IS > Hybrid but ONLY when played the way they intended it to be.

Full Lethality DPS without Orbital: 2932 DPS

Full Lethality DPS with Orbital: too tired to parse anymore lol

CONCLUSION:

Removing Orbital from the single target rotation across all specs: LETHALITY > Hybrid > Marksman

Using Orbital but without the PVP set bonus: LETHALITY > Marksman >= Hybrid

more parses from other people would be great!

Some ~math:

BEFORE

1. Nithnuro - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3265.68

2. Evrydayimsmggln - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3238.05

4. Red'october - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3207.38

5. Alishee - Sniper - Marksman - 36/3/7 - 3192.26

ADJUSTMENTS

1. 4542 avg hit * 3 ticks * 8 activations / 307 seconds = 355 DPS

2. ( 5888 avg hit * 3 ticks * 4 activations / 303 seconds ) + (5888 avg hit * 2 / 303 seconds) = 233 + 38 = 271 DPS

4. 5079 avg hit * 3 ticks * 5 activations / 301 seconds = 253 DPS

5. 4342 avg hit * 3 ticks * 7 activations / 305 seconds = 298 DPS

AFTER

1. Nithnuro - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3207 DPS

2. Evrydayimsmggln - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3159 DPS

4. Red'october - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3123 DPS

5. Alishee - Sniper - Marksman - 36/3/7 - 3092 DPS

DPS LOSS from removal of 2-pc PVP set bonus (extra orbital tick)

1. 413 - 355 = 58 DPS

2. 350 - 271 = 79 DPS

4. 337 - 253 = 84 DPS

5. 398 - 298 = 100 DPS

Edited by paowee

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrasher and Dash as well were highly helped by OS/XS. T.T

i think you're misunderstanding the intent of the nerf.

it will still be very viable as an aoe skill, but not so much as a single-target (except for engineer/saboteur), which is really what they've intended all along, but obviously hasn't ever really been the case.

i think you're misunderstanding the intent of the nerf.

it will still be very viable as an aoe skill, but not so much as a single-target (except for engineer/saboteur), which is really what they've intended all along, but obviously hasn't ever really been the case.

And it also has the (un?)intended side-effect of "forcing" OS/XS to not be used rotationally in some specs. Recall

That said, we are not completely satisfied with Lethality at the moment. We specifically don’t like that using Orbital Strike and Explosive Probe rotationally as a Lethality Sniper (the Hybrid spec) increases your single target damage, but that’s more of a problem with Orbital Strike and Explosive Probe than Lethality.

While all of this is less than ideal, making changes to Explosive Probe and Orbital Strike could have negative effects on the other Sniper specializations, so it isn’t likely that you will see changes for this anytime soon. But we will certainly be addressing these issues at some point in the future.

I think this is it. >_<;

Lower the cooldown/energy cost/activation time of OS/XS

Lower its damage

???

DPS loss if you use it single target

Edited by paowee

So how do they nerf it for snipers without nerfing it for engineering snipers as well? We're still going to be effected by the same changes....unless they change the engineering tree to compensate.

So how do they nerf it for snipers without nerfing it for engineering snipers as well? We're still going to be effected by the same changes....unless they change the engineering tree to compensate.

Becauese this change MIGHT make it so that using the revamped OS/XS single target, WITHOUT the 2-pc pvp bonus as Hybrid will be a DPS loss compared to just sticking with your single target rotation..on a single target boss fight. Not sure for MM.. would need some math/parses... If you do get the extra OS/XS you'd have to sacrifice 4 PVE armorings (Mainstat loss) on top of the revamped OS/XS that they proposed.

Engineering has buffs to Orbital Strike +15% dmg +30% surge that still (possibly) makes the ~2.5 second cast worth it. They also said Engineering is FAR from how they want it to be so it's just a waiting game for us till they give us more info.

Edited by paowee

Becauese this change MIGHT make it so that using the revamped OS/XS single target, WITHOUT the 2-pc pvp bonus as Hybrid will be a DPS loss compared to just sticking with your single target rotation..on a single target boss fight. Not sure for MM.. would need some math/parses... If you do get the extra OS/XS you'd have to sacrifice 4 PVE armorings (Mainstat loss) on top of the revamped OS/XS that they proposed.

Engineering has buffs to Orbital Strike +15% dmg +30% surge that still (possibly) makes the ~2.5 second cast worth it. They also said Engineering is FAR from how they want it to be so it's just a waiting game for us till they give us more info.

I don't see how dude.

First, we will be lowering the effectiveness of XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike by reducing some combination of its cooldown, activation time, and energy cost. Then we will rescore the damage it does. This will allow it to be used more easily and more often, but it will deal less damage per use.

If they do that then it's nothing but a nerf. Now if they do changes to the engineering tree at the same time...ok that's worth waiting for more information before making a judgement but if not and we have to wait for what...2.5/2.6 to balance our tree then it's nothing but a bigger nerf for engineering snipers than marksman or lethality.

The pvp 4 piece 2 piece bonus thing sure, it should always have been the 4 pc bonus not 2pc but that's it. Why should the engineering snipers suffer just because the other specs use it in their rotations? Bearing in mind you are referring to pve I'm referring to pvp.

While I'm not excited about this, I expected it seeing the numbers an AOE like Flyby ability can produce on a single target. However, if they are swapping around PvP set bonuses I hope they will look at PvE ones again, particularly the 4pc. I understand it's important for Dirty Fighting, but adds little for the other two specs.

If they do that then it's nothing but a nerf.

should the engineering snipers suffer just because the other specs use it in their rotations? Bearing in mind you are referring to pve I'm referring to pvp.
Yes in PVE the intent is very clear. It's a nerf. Period. But since you are talking about PVP...

All I can say is the revamped OS/XS will let you use it more in the same amount of time. As an Engi Sniper... this might be a good change for you? Spam Orbital/Flyby on those nodes! lol.

~Say we get a ~45 second Orbital as Engi Sniper. Remember ~one ~intent of this nerf is to reduce SINGLE TARGET PvE DPS for certain specs when you try to use it on cooldown on a single target fight.. As a PVP Engi Sniper, do you even rely on Orbital for single target DPS to bring down.. say a healer for example? I don't think you do. This change should not adversely affect you as a PVP Engi Sniper.

They want us to use Orbital/Flyby only when multiple targets are present, not to keep it on CD on a single target PVE fight. Since in PvP you can now spam it more won't you see a personal AoE DPS gain with this change? In PvP where you have multiple targets 24/7, as a PVP engi sniper, won't you prefer an Orbital with

• lower cd
  • lower energy cost
  • lower activation time?

Unless you are telling me you are looking to rely on your Orbital Strike to single target somebody down when arena comes out. For Engi Snipers I believe Explosive Probe -> SoS / SaboC -> SS serves this purpose, NOT OS/Flyby.

This could be a blessing in disguise for PVP Snipers/Slingers.

Edited by paowee

that's a big question they have to answer and i would guess one of the reasons why there hasn't been any change yet.

I honestly think this was a necessary evil and will actually be good for the game a whole. The cleanest way I see to change flyby without ruining it's utility in aoe situations is to make the damage scale based off of how many targets are standing in it up to a cap. Just changing activation times, energy cost or cool down does nothing to actually fix the root of the problem. Changing cool down or cost wouldn't do a thing to remove it from the rotation, unless the cost becomes so prohibitive that it's impossible to use; at which point no one would consider using. Changing the ability cast time is something, but without doing any math, I think even if they doubled the cast time on flyby there would still be situations when I would use it in single target situations. I don't think they want to straight nerf the damage so having the ability scale would allow it to remain a great situational ability without letting it be a factor in single target situations. They could even rework some of the talents in the engineering tree to allow it to hit for max damage on one target. Edited by KingofGob

Common knowledge has been officially recognised.

It ought to be damage/cost adjusted so that using it or not using it on single targets makes no difference to DPS.

Something that won't happen while it does incredibly cheap armour bypassing damage.

9000 elemental damage on a boss is equal to a kinetic/energy attack with no armour penetration of 14000 tooltip damage.

Edited by Gyronamics

All I can say is the revamped OS/XS will let you use it more in the same amount of time. As an Engi Sniper... this might be a good change for you? Spam Orbital/Flyby on those nodes! lol.

Not in my book, for a start we use plasma probe for "nodes". The orbital strike is there to either expand the aoe area, move people out the way (drop it and watch them move) or help in the aoe damage of multiple players.

~Say we get a ~45 second Orbital as Engi Sniper. Remember ~one ~intent of this nerf is to reduce SINGLE TARGET PvE DPS for certain specs when you try to use it on cooldown on a single target fight.. As a PVP Engi Sniper, do you even rely on Orbital for single target DPS to bring down.. say a healer for example? I don't think you do. This change should not adversely affect you as a PVP Engi Sniper.

PVP is very subjective, there are far too many variables. For every scenario there is a counter and for ever counter there's a another counter for that counter. That's why your example of a healer is very difficult to answer. How good is the healer? There are a lot of healers out there that unfortunately aren't that good so any class can kill them. On the other hand a good healer is a pain for any class to kill. I know what you're trying to point out but do you see where I'm coming from?

Since in PvP you can now spam it more won't you see a personal AoE DPS gain with this change?

DPS gain is an issue for pver's (not meant in a negative way so apologies if you take it like that). I happen to think there's a lot more to the sniper class than just dps. Everyone seems to think that's all we can do. Disagree strongly, always have always will :)

That being said to answer your question. For me personally? Not really because any sniper that just sits around is going to be pounced on by every decent enemy player, you have to move. Enemy players move, you simply don't have any option but to move if you want to have a competitive game. Quite how you move and where you go of course is a different thing entirely. What's the point in dealing out damage if the objective isn't being achieved? Damage isn't the answer to everything.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that no, I don't believe it'll be a boost to us just because we can cast it more often. By the very definition it'll do less damage so with all the aoe reducing skills some of the other classes have they'll be less concerned about it. They won't move out of the way because it'll be easier to heal through. The extra utility that orbital will provide will be lost.

Because pvp is very situational you aren't spamming orbital every time it's on cooldown like you are in pve. You're not seeing that dps from orbital in the same way. Now in single target dps again it's very situational. There are some classes that you know it's a waste of time trying to move. Sure you can move around with our covered escape and the like but certain other classes have a way of catching up to you. Sooner or later you need to make a stand. This is where your final bit that I'd like to quote comes in:

Unless you are telling me you are looking to rely on your Orbital Strike to single target somebody down when arena comes out. For Engi Snipers I believe Explosive Probe -> SoS / SaboC -> SS serves this purpose, NOT OS/Flyby.

This could be a blessing in disguise for PVP Snipers/Slingers.

We have a burst that is high damage but it relies on a skill that has a 30s cooldown. If your single target is half decent then he's already worked out a counter for that. So once that has gone you need something else. For me that is where orbital strike comes in. So do I rely upon orbital strike to take down a single target? Yes I do, in the right situation.

That being said I do admit it is very satisfying to legshot a senti/guardian, interrogation probe, covered escape to melee range, plasma probe, entrench, debilitate, orbital strike, explosive probe, series of shots. Normally results on a quick kill. Now is this OP? Again it's very situational, people will say yes it is but I can assure you try and do that on someone like Dakaru from Nostrum Dolus and it won't work (tried it :D).

If I can refer to the sniper answer from Eric

While all of this is less than ideal, making changes to Explosive Probe and Orbital Strike could have negative effects on the other Sniper specializations,

We are not completely satisfied with how Engineering currently plays in general. When compared to Lethality or Marksmanship, Engineering feels rather clunky.

and lack of a well-flowing rotation – thanks to the extremely long cooldowns on Explosive Probe and Orbital Strike,

and finally but most importantly this bit from the scoundrel answers.

with a possible exception for the Saboteur/Engineering Gunslinger/Sniper

Those are obviously direct quotes from larger sentances/paragraphs but if you add all those up together it's very telling. They have a problem with orbital strike and engineering snipers, they've all but admitted that. I love the sniper class...the engineering spec specifically with a passion Paowee. The engineering sniper will be hit harder than the other sniper specs, it stands to reason. From a pvp perspective (mine obviously) I cannot see how they can make that change without looking at the rest of the engineering tree.

...and can I say damn!!! Never intended this to be that long. My bad.

That's what I was afraid of when I read their answer.....

Oh well....

My honest guess is that OS is an issue they are not going to solve as easily as they say. The issue with the skill is the fire-and-forget nature of it because it essentially behaves as a dot, if any spec can fit it into rotation or can allow a few seconds in order to cast it people will use it for single-target.

I'm curious to see what they'll come up with, they have the players metrics. One thing I do think they'll do is change the damage from elemental to energy.

New parses will help but if we check the highest parses right now we can see how much % OS constitutes for that DPS (between 10 - 12 % last time I checked), given the current numbers that change may bring us down below every other class but Assassin/Shadow (going for 0% OS single-target). So unless they buff somewhere else to accommodate no use of OS we can expect that the change they apply will not destroy OS into oblivion, but most likely will only discourage us to use OS on cooldown and keep its nerfed version for alpha strike moments, for MM/Lethality, while keeping it in the Engineering rotation they have planned.

Just hope my second fear wont happen of they destroying one of the only fun mechanics they ever made (Scatter Bombs) just because they planned it to be just a fluff skill instead of actual useful -.-

I honestly think this was a necessary evil and will actually be good for the game a whole. The cleanest way I see to change flyby without ruining it's utility in aoe situations is to make the damage scale based off of how many targets are standing in it up to a cap. Just changing activation times, energy cost or cool down does nothing to actually fix the root of the problem. Changing cool down or cost wouldn't do a thing to remove it from the rotation, unless the cost becomes so prohibitive that it's impossible to use; at which point no one would consider using. Changing the ability cast time is something, but without doing any math, I think even if they doubled the cast time on flyby there would still be situations when I would use it in single target situations. I don't think they want to straight nerf the damage so having the ability scale would allow it to remain a great situational ability without letting it be a factor in single target situations. They could even rework some of the talents in the engineering tree to allow it to hit for max damage on one target.

Thought of that too but that will kill the use of a skill that correspond to around 5-7% (lower player) and 10-12% (top player) of a Sniper damage without adjusting any other skill or adding value to the class. So the scaling can't be as rough which means OS will most likely still be used for single-target, can't see a decent scaling that would make this work.

Gosh >.< I wish they could give us a little more information, right now it's like walking blind.

Just hope my second fear wont happen of they destroying one of the only fun mechanics they ever made (Scatter Bombs) just because they planned it to be just a fluff skill instead of actual useful -.-

Ya about that. In time you'll see that get nerfed.

That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

There are snipers out there that are using this as a key part of their rotation in pvp. They normally run around with their friends, usually a healer and just constantly wall bang anyone they see close next to a structure. Sure they do other skills as well and they do have some skill in the way they play a sniper but that's not what I call "every now and then", it's part of their rotation which goes against:

We don’t intend for Scatter Bombs to be rotational in any way, shape, or form (for PvE or PvP usage).

Ya about that. In time you'll see that get nerfed.

There are snipers out there that are using this as a key part of their rotation in pvp. They normally run around with their friends, usually a healer and just constantly wall bang anyone they see close next to a structure. Sure they do other skills as well and they do have some skill in the way they play a sniper but that's not what I call "every now and then", it's part of their rotation which goes against:

Not even going to go much through this (here is about OS) my only post about this in here. I am not saying Scatter Bombs dont need a nerf, but the way they worded is that they intended the skill to be a fluff that nobody would actually think of using it much (like Lethality CE).

The fun of Scatter bombs in the rotation was the need to move, aim, predict where you would land. Completely different then the current system of: chose target, press skill, skill activates, damage is dealt. With the occasional AoE skill needing aiming.

I am ok with a nerf (in damage, cooldown, activation, EMP recharge) what I am NOT ok with is changing the skill mechanic, behaviour. Making like each enemy can only be hit with one bomb is a possible and stupid decision for a skill that's so much fun to use.

If you create a damaging skill that's not supposed to be rotational why develop it?

One thing I am specially afraid is they changing Scatter Bombs to something towards utility, with no more damage.

But lets keep here about OS and its impact on us :p If you want to discuss this create a new thread and I'll join.

Orbital strike contributes a huge amount of damage, I really hope they buff something else to compensate, otherwise if they manage to nerf this to the point where using it really is a DPS loss, they will be ruining the MM dps spec...

Yep MM is going to be affected really bad if Orbital gets removed from the rotation. My guess that it still should be used single target on cooldown though. With Sniper Volley (and if the MM talents aren't changed), there's no reason to not use SV hasted OS even after BW's nerf.

If most of the complaints are against Orbital Strike on Lethality, how is Marksman going to be compensated? Why punish MM for a Lethality nerf? Will there be some changes in the MM tree?

Have to wait and see. They only mentioned they don't want OS to be used for Lethality. For MM we don't know yet.