Harbinger Guild Leader's Website

Veco

Harbinger Guild Leaders, a website has been created so we can talk to one another about topics related to running a guild. Some of you have a vast experience as a guild leader and for some of you this could be your first time running a guild. This site will bring us all together to share information with one another in order for us as guild leaders to be able to better serve our guild members. This is not a guild but only a gathering place for us to communicate with one another. There is a mumble channel so we can voice chat since messaging and forum threads won't always be able to convey the message you are trying to portray. We have created an in game chat channel on the Imp side for guild leaders to use. We would also like to be able to lean on one another when drama arises with SWTOR players who are greifing and harassing our guild members. I believe as a council we could to some extent be able to take actions to mitigate and discourage such behavior.

We are looking forward to getting to know you all and picking your brains on how you run your guild!

Go to http://www.theharbingersdarkcouncil.sithportals.com to apply.

Edited by Veco

Send in game email to any of our members for information on how to join.

Carlenx (Hatred)

Shaylah (Animosity)

Atriss (APEX)

Shadowshot (Harbingers Crafters)

Diath (Psy-Ops)

Sucheva (Coupe De Grace)

Narec (The Great Sith Order)

Vec'o (Genesis)

I see there is a strong Republic guild representation here. :p

Edited by AngelFluttershy

I'll join. I keep a list of thieves and jerks that might be worth sharing. :)

Gidrea for Shock and Jawa

Esria for Ebil Jawas

Shadowshot (Harbingers Crafters)

Is this THE Shadow that I know from Mask of Nihilus?

Edited by Gidrea

I'll join. I keep a list of thieves and jerks that might be worth sharing. :)

Gidrea for Shock and Jawa

Esria for Ebil Jawas

Is this THE Shadow that I know from Mask of Nihilus?

shadowshot is a sniper... his SSin is Techbee, not sure his old guilds... he was in Motion i believe, then hatred, now haterade, idk before

shadowshot is a sniper... his SSin is Techbee, not sure his old guilds... he was in Motion i believe, then hatred, now haterade, idk before

Shadowgrave was a Republic player... he had several "Shadow______" toons. Not sure about Imp side.

Drawing upon my many years of experience as an MMO guild leader, I offer the following pieces of advice to my fellow Harbinger GMs:

1. If your guild uses a standard application form for recruitment, do not make one of the questions "What kind of chicks do you like?" Aside from being juvenile and misogynistic, it can be unwelcoming to female players who may wish to join your guild.

2. If your guild is into progression raiding, do not use a known exploit to defeat a boss and then claim it as a legitimate kill. When other players call your guild out on the forums for cheating, do not defend your actions as being a creative use of intentional game mechanics.

[Edit]

One of my esteemed guildmates reminded me of some additional advice I should share with the GMs of The Harbinger:

3. Your guild is a unique and special snowflake. Do not use the raid progression thread on these forums to post your guild's kills. Instead, create a whole new topic to announce your guild's awesomeness whenever you down a new boss.

4. Encourage your guildmates to ninja loot in PUG flashpoints. Who cares if they're a Sith Inquisitor rolling on Aim gear; they need that Enhancement!

5. Whenever you kick someone from your guild, be sure to create a new forum thread here to announce the removal. Nothing demonstrates the bonds of friendship that form amongst your members like publicly sharing your guild's internal drama.

Edited by Uglyworm

Drawing upon my many years of experience as an MMO guild leader, I offer the following pieces of advice to my fellow Harbinger GMs:

1. If your guild uses a standard application form for recruitment, do not make one of the questions "What kind of chicks do you like?" Aside from being juvenile and misogynistic, it can be unwelcoming to female players who may wish to join your guild.

2. If your guild is into progression raiding, do not use a known exploit to defeat a boss and then claim it as a legitimate kill. When other players call your guild out on the forums for cheating, do not defend your actions as being a creative use of intentional game mechanics.

[Edit]

One of my esteemed guildmates reminded me of some additional advice I should share with the GMs of The Harbinger:

3. Your guild is a unique and special snowflake. Do not use the raid progression thread on these forums to post your guild's kills. Instead, create a whole new topic to announce your guild's awesomeness whenever you down a new boss.

4. Encourage your guildmates to ninja loot in PUG flashpoints. Who cares if they're a Sith Inquisitor rolling on Aim gear; they need that Enhancement!

5. Whenever you kick someone from your guild, be sure to create a new forum thread here to announce the removal. Nothing demonstrates the bonds of friendship that form amongst your members like publicly sharing your guild's internal drama.

Love the advice... I'll practise it religiously.

On a serious note, from being in many guilds in various MMOs, either as a member, officer or leader, there's quite a few things I've picked up as well.

The most important thing I've learned, especially with the things I've been subjected to once my gender is known, is that if you can't find an atmosphere that suits you, create one yourself. The odds are that there actually are some decent people out there, that aren't quite so naive, egotistical, and discriminative, amongst other unpleasant traits. I've adapted to others' behaviours, I've played along with the trolls, I've joked and laughed things off, but at the end of the day if I'm not enjoying the company of others and I'm feeling run down by pretending then I'm not enjoying my spare time. There really are people that can be respectful and have a good laugh without being offensive, and that is what I mean when I use the term "mature". It just takes time, effort, and determination to create the kind of atmosphere that everyone can be comfortable in, rather than just conform to popular social behaviour and leave certain people feeling unappreciated or rejected.

My way of running things may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but that's the beauty of creating an environment that works specifically for the people you've got.

I'm interested in joining this leader website and be one of the few Republic leaders, if possible. I'd love to meet and chat with some other leaders on the server. I'm the leader of <Guild> - no joke, that's our name. It was more a lack of decisiveness than creativity, but I'm still a fan of it ;)

The guild your referring to here has a very stable healing roster so I think they'll manage fine.

Thank god I started double proccing defensive relics after our raid got put on farm status then, otherwise I'd be such an a-hole for using yet another Bioware glitch on accident. Really, it's so hard to keep up with them, I just assumed I could buy a PVP defense proc relic and use it with an Arkanian shield proc since there is no Arkanian defense proc in the vendor.

Aww, thank you. We here at APEX really try to separate ourselves by role playing evil Sith without the comfort of forum anonymity. I think it's a niche we've really started to carve out. Good tip on the separate threads for progression though, I'll get right on it.

Enhancements are a *********** pain in the *** to get. Seriously, everything I see for tanks either has accuracy, alacrity, or is the excessively low mitigation in favor of slightly more endurance. I say props to Inquisitors who are able to properly itemize with BiS enhancements.

The hell else am I supposed to do for entertainment while clearing TFB from memory, or sitting in S&V solo tank and spanking everything?

Did I miss the link to the site you're proposing, or is that still in development?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you ask us to email you in game. Why so exclusive? Why not just post the link and let anyone and everyone benefit?

Edited by Seelvir

Hello all!

This is J'nor, I'm the Co-GM of Children of Korriban. I'll hit up Atriss as well but I thought I'd say hi on here and let you know that we're interested too :)

Edited by dmadrt

Did I miss the link to the site you're proposing, or is that still in development?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you ask us to email you in game. Why so exclusive? Why not just post the link and let anyone and everyone benefit?

Cause if they post the link for everyone to see then it will defeat the purpose of a Site just for Guild masters then wouldnt it

Cause if they post the link for everyone to see then it will defeat the purpose of a Site just for Guild masters then wouldnt it

Not necessarily. It should be password protected, or have a forum for members only, or else anyone with Google could find it.

Not necessarily. It should be password protected, or have a forum for members only, or else anyone with Google could find it.

You are correct! Post updated with website info.

Children of Korriban has joined this alliance. If anyone is interested in raiding with us let me or any member of our guild know. We raid every Mon, Wed, and Sat starting at 930 PM EST. We also do Classic Ops on Tues and Fri. Those raids start at 830PM and 10PM EST.

I am encouraging all of our raid members to join the United channel in game so that should be a good way to contact us. Otherwise you can visit our website's members tab for a list of raid members. The raid members are anyone Sith Master and above.

http://www.childrenofkorriban.enjin.com

Thanks guys, I hope to get to know many of you in game :)

• 3 weeks later...