I want a Manaan Stronghold.

ZionHalcyon

I have read EVERY SINGLE EU BOOK, and I would never want EU to be demolished, I just follow everything that is Star Wars related, especially if it is EU-related, and I understand that there is only one Canon now and SWTOR is not part of it. We are talking about CANON, things that are importand for the future Star Wars stories, not about Legends, things that might have happened, but-who-knows-what-the-next-book/movie-will-change.

Sorry, but I won't continue this disscusion here, because it is not only unrelated to Manaan (Manaan is non-canon, but Selkath species appeared in The Clone Wars), but also boring and annoying.

That's like saying the EU is non canon under the George Lucas Tier system, which was the same damn thing. EU could be over-written over-ruled at a moments notice. If anything, EU was given less regard by lucasfilm back then, only Leland Chee and his group had any respect for it's consistency and importance. That holds true with Legends. Legends is still part of SW Lore, it just isn't of the highest order and can be abolished/rewritten, AS ALWAYS.

The difference, is that if a single TOR novel,book game, or story expansion comes out now, it can grandfather the whole thing into Official canon on the same level as the movies. That was never possible before. However. you are right this is off topic and i apologize to the OP.

Edited by Zyrious

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.

Wow, are YOU in denial!

There is no "semi-canon".

There is what is canon and what is not. What is canon is the movies and the Clone Wars cartoon, and anything SW going forward starting with Rebels.

What is NOT canon is anything else that came before. Leland Chee made that PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR.

The "Legends" is a designation for things that are not canon, but they said ideas and concepts from the EU can be drawed upon to be brought into the canon, but not in their existing form or name.

At best, anything NOT the Clone Wars or Movies that predates the new rebels cartoon can inspire future canon, but is itself NOT canon.

Again, stop being in denial, they were crystal clear - it was a giant reset button, blessed by Kathleen Kennedy herself, straight from Leland Chee, the man she put in charge of the continuity.

Also, last I heard, Manaan was only a Flash Point World

Actually, Manaan is a full planet, but there is not much else besides a really nice environment that looks very much like Ahto City (the same style, it is not Ahto), flashpoint vendor and flashpoint intro/outro conversations.

So a Stronghold would be doable, just like what many people hope, a expansion of things to do there, because right now it just feels like lots of wasted efforts.

Actually, Manaan is a full planet, but there is not much else besides a really nice environment that looks very much like Ahto City (the same style, it is not Ahto), flashpoint vendor and flashpoint intro/outro conversations.

So a Stronghold would be doable, just like what many people hope, a expansion of things to do there, because right now it just feels like lots of wasted efforts.

Ah ok

I want a stronghold on Taris. The Way it can be done is to say a section of Taris has been restored at least part of the lower levels. There are many buildings still in tact if you look up throughout Taris.

The Empire supposedly razed to the ground most - if not all(!) - of the reconstruction effort. Good riddance I say.

The Empire supposedly razed to the ground most - if not all(!) - of the reconstruction effort. Good riddance I say.

[/quote

They do rebuild it. It's in the books. It takes many many years, but they do. So is that on the sith side? Cause from republic side It's the same as it has been.

* snip *

Republic Taris has the player character aiding in the reconstruction effort.

Imperial Taris has the player character razing to the ground that same reconstruction effort.

Just like Balmorra has...

Imperial players aiding the Imperial Consolidation Corps. putting down the balmorran rebellion and supporting Darth Lachris to take charge as the new Governor.

Later on, Republic players - with the full support of the Republic now - help the balmorrans driving imperial forces from the planet.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, I could get behind this. I'd love to live in an underwater palace. I'd love to see fish swim by my windows. I'd be 'sleeping with the fishes' (I think my BH and my Smug would like that idea a little bit lol).

I'd also like to have a Rishi home. I'll take just about anything. I've finished my four homes, and working on the guild home, just because I have nothing else to decorate :D When I'm done that, look out, I'll be looking for another project lol :D

• 6 months later...
We generally need Strongholds of most KOTOR and KOTOR 2 planets. The day a Dantooine SH comes (or a Manaan one), it will be a good day. But, alas, I don't see it coming for a long time. And, maybe this friend should rest in peace? But, it's needed, so it can never rest.

Point is, it doesnt have to be massive like the Yavin stronghold, i'd rather have 2-3 different small/medium strongholds then another massive amount of spaces to fill. just three levels of underwater madness for a normal amount of credits/cartel coins would be sweet.

PS: Rishi next obviously, gotta have a tropical island.

Point is, it doesnt have to be massive like the Yavin stronghold, i'd rather have 2-3 different small/medium strongholds then another massive amount of spaces to fill. just three levels of underwater madness for a normal amount of credits/cartel coins would be sweet.
Agree. Tatooine & Yavin are enough in the monstrous category for now, the game's lacking a second big masion like Nar Shaddaa (while Coru/Dromund fill the smallest niche) but without excessive terrain around. Manaan would be ideal. Part on water-surface level, part underwater. Edited by Pietrastor