Group Finder Lockout

Just throwing this out there.

The tank probably wouldn't quit if the DPS weren't woefully undergeared.

:)

Considering they indicate that the tank quits before even entering, I doubt that is the case.

It probably has more to do with the fact that they misqueued as a tank (GF will sometimes reselect the Tank option) and they relized it when they got the group interface and saw they had the shield icon. I'm keyed to the issue and normally pick up on the "a group was found" screen, but you can sometimes miss it.

Edited by ZeroPlus

:)

Considering they indicate that the tank quits before even entering, I doubt that is the case.

It probably has more to do with the fact that they misqueued as a tank (GF will sometimes reselect the Tank option) and they relized it when they got the group interface and saw they had the shield icon. I'm keyed to the issue and normally pick up on the "a group was found" screen, but you can sometimes miss it.

this has never happened to me but even if it does u should check to see u are in the right role to start with before accepting the que.

this has never happened to me but even if it does u should check to see u are in the right role to start with before accepting the que.

Not be be argumentative, but I disagree with this statement. You shouldn't have to check -- the Group Finder should not make that mistake. I have been assigned the wrong role a couple times by the Group Finder, so I know why you suggest that. But Bioware should make it work correctly so people don't have to back out at the last second and get a queue penalty as a result.

Edited by Tadache

The reason you were assigned the wrong role is because you play a class that can spec to more than one role, e.g. Sage/Sorcerer, Powertech/Vanguard, Scoundrel/Operative, etc. You are asking Bioware to code group finder so that it can somehow "read" your skill tree and determine your role. What would be easier is to simply check your desired role(s) and uncheck the undesired ones on the group finder window.

Not to mention I know there is at least a couple hybrid tank builds that work really well for certain tanks, I would not want group finder defining those as dps.

Personally I want to be able to pick. For a PUG I would never do it, but my shadow is so woefully overgeared for HMFPs that I sometime query as a tank for guild runs. My three oldest 50s are scoundrel, operative and shadow and I have never entered a fp wrong, because I check before I enter group finder. It is not difficult.

Edited by mikebevo

The reason you were assigned the wrong role is because you play a class that can spec to more than one role, e.g. Sage/Sorcerer, Powertech/Vanguard, Scoundrel/Operative, etc. You are asking Bioware to code group finder so that it can somehow "read" your skill tree and determine your role. What would be easier is to simply check your desired role(s) and uncheck the undesired ones on the group finder window.

Sorry, but not true. Each time I start the group finder I deselect DPS. But twice I have been placed in a group as DPS. What you describe is how it should work. But in reality it makes mistakes. I'm not asking it to read my skill tree. I am asking it to honor my choices.

Edited by Tadache

There is a bug or glitch that selects you for all roles your class can play regardless of your actual selections (only dps only tank only heal w/e). It doesn't happen often (at least not to me) but it does happen. The solution that people don't seem to like is to CHECK what you have been selected as before accepting the FP, if it shows you as heals when all you can do is dps just cancel and requeue. It takes all of 2 seconds (if that) to double check and saves a TON of frustration and time later.