Companion Affection Achievements in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Suuuuuurrrrreeee you did.....:rolleyes: Aren't you kinda making a mountain out of a mole hill?

It's not just this one thing, but the combination of things coming from every direction. All these mole hills added together do make a mountain. And you can roll your eyes if you want, but that's exactly what I did--not that it matters. I'm not giving them another 6 months worth of money right when the xpac hits, so I have a month left. Note that I said I would do one-time subs since I really don't know the full effects of all these changes, or how they will play out until we can actually see them. But it does feel like we are being bombarded by a ton of unnecessary changes that will alienate more people than it attracts.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

I have seen some questions about the Global Legacy Unlocks tied to Companions (the Presence bonus and reduced CD on Heroic Moment). Those are remaining exactly the same, so the benefit is still there for maxing your companions Affection and completing their storylines.

-eric

I am going to assume that you only skimmed that post. Only the achievements are being removed for the 10k Affection, you still get the legacy and presence bonus' for hitting 10K. So, no all that "Time" you spending isn't for nothing. Also, I don't think this is going to "kill the market for companion gifts"

Unless of course you only got them to 10K for the achivements, then... ok, sure.

Well maybe us that got them already including the legacy title might keep them.

Removing them may just affect future players to it or i hope lol.

Edited by Heromofo

I have seen some questions about the Global Legacy Unlocks tied to Companions (the Presence bonus and reduced CD on Heroic Moment). Those are remaining exactly the same, so the benefit is still there for maxing your companions Affection and completing their storylines.

-eric

See, now can we put the torches and pitchforks away?

Due to this, we are going to be removing all of the "Reach Max Affection" Achievements from the game, along with the Achievement points which they have granted.

This is the first time I have ever said something negative about the expansion, but to remove these achievements really sucks!

Edited by Icestar

This is the first time I have ever said something negative about the expansion, but to remove these achievements really sucks!

Agreed first bad thing to hear about KOTFE i would say us that have them should keep them and the legacy titles.

One might almost think the plan is to tank ToR to get out of some contract. If this is the plan then it all starts to make sense. Just a shame the people that don't want to see the game fail aren't making the decisions.

Heh. I can see the meeting:

BW: Hey EA, can we finally shut down the game and do something else now?

EA: Nope, now that there is a new movie coming out, we really should make use of the license.

BW: Sorry, we simply don't have enough manpower to do this.

EA: No prob, we'll cancel shadow realms, and reasign the staff.

BW: But... Um... Oh yeah.... We'd need a CGI trailer to get people interested again, too expensive, I fear.

EA: Good point, will 5 mio suffice or should we go for a 10 mio trailer?

BW: :eek:

I think that boost should be way higher to completely compensate the loss in points from max affection. Adding 15 points to the 1000 kill achievement leaves me 10 points short of what I had. It's even worse on HK and Treek, on which I lose out on 35 points each (since both had separate achievements for max affection on rep and imp side).

And what will happen to the "For the Empire!" and "For the Republic" achievements? They had a legacy title (Imperial/Republic Squad Leader) attached to them, so will we lose the achievements and the old titles too?

^This.

This announcement makes me wonder if the plan is ill-conceived, or just ill-communicated. Because the Ill is strong with this expansion.

Are ship droids going to be able to equip weapons now? I'm kinda digging giving them a vibroblade and letting them tank. :cool:

-eric

Thanks for clearing that up

Edited by HarleysRule

What's the big deal? This doesn't impact your ability to play in any way whatsoever.

Are ship droids going to be able to equip weapons now? I'm kinda digging giving them a vibroblade and letting them tank. :cool:

You are late to the party. You can equip blasters on them since January/February in one of the first patches for SoR.

What's the big deal? This doesn't impact your ability to play in any way whatsoever.

I can not do anything about it, I simply say that I do not like that they delete achievements that players have spent time and resources to get.

The Makeb achievements gets deleted but in that case they give a decoration, now they simply remove the companions achievements like they were never there.

Edited by Icestar

You are late to the party. You can equip blasters on them since January/February in one of the first patches for SoR.

Not to mention that in KotFE, Companion gear is cosmetic only. So no need to "Equip" anything on the ship droid or any other companion.

-eric

OK, so Ill-Communication: 1. Yippee?

Hey Eric Musco, do you foresee you guys taking anything else away from me that I've spent multiple hours of energy, effort, passion and credits on? This has clearly sent a message that achievements are subject to change and ultimately not worth doing. This really cheapens the experience and discredits much of the work we have done.

I'm sorry I'm not seeing if we have to kill 1000 foes again if we have done.

That's 42 companions and a lot of time.

Yes I did all the affection on all 42 but hey it was only 42 of them a lot of gift missions but I see we are getting replacement for that.

Just say yes you will have to kill 1000 foes again on 42 companions or no it carries over please.:):mad::eek:

Hey Eric Musco, do you foresee you guys taking anything else away from me that I've spent multiple hours of energy, effort, passion and credits on? This has clearly sent a message that achievements are subject to change and ultimately not worth doing. This really cheapens the experience and discredits much of the work we have done.

THIS 100%

Dick move BW...

This has clearly sent a message that achievements are subject to change and ultimately not worth doing. This really cheapens the experience and discredits much of the work we have done.

Yes, this is how I feel. I wanted to dig in to the new achievements in the expansion but now I do not care anymore.

Achievments are there to give a sense of accomplishment, if they take them away there is no reason to do them.

I raised HK and Treek affection on both republic and imperial side only for the achievement for example.

Not for the bonus to their generic gathering and crafting then? That's the main reason you should have been doing this.

No, since I have all my other companions at max affection with much higher bonuses for the crafting.

Treek and HK are not optimal crafters when there are other companions that have a much higher crit.

Edited by Icestar