1.1.5 Speeder piloting prices

PlonsDeKikker

hi all,

I may be mistaking, however I thought i read somewhere that with patch 1.1.5 the cost of tier 1 and 2 speeder piloting (the license) would drop. So I postponed buying it a couple of days and i thought it would drop. It still costs 40k however. Someone any ideas to what happened?

http://www.swtor.com/blog/economic-changes-patch-1.1.5

greetz

i thought the same after following the guild summit yesterday, though i read the following in the link i posted earlier.

"After several months of deliberation, the Republic Senate's Committee on Transportation and Public Safety has passed new regulations that, among other things, adjust the cost of speeder licenses. Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

Critics claim that the resolution will only add to the serious strain on the Republic’s finances, while others see this as a vain attempt to keep on pace with the Imperial Transportation Authority, which recently passed a similar law."

strange not?

Okay, tricky wording

{Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline.}

Doesnt mean cheaper license, just a fancy way of saying they are increasing tier 3

Edited by Alynore

I interpreted this as prices for Tier I and II speeder skill going down, and in order to make up for those losses, the price for Tier III training going up.

Edit: Now that I re-read this, I see this more as the price for the level III skill staying the same, but the prices of the actual Tier III speeders going up.

Edit to the Edit: The patch notes actually say the opposite though:

•Several high end speeder models have been temporarily reduced in price until Game Update 1.2.

Edited by Elladan

I interpreted this as prices for Tier I and II speeder skill going down, and in order to make up for those losses, the price for Tier III training going up.

lol, kind of what i understood myself. but i checked and the skill for tier 2 is still 210k :rolleyes:

oh, well....

I'd like to have an answer on this myself. The wording appeared to be straightforward to me... Tiers I and II were getting a reduction and Tier III is getting an increase.

That said, I only see this mentioned in this particular article (albeit in its own "announcement" within the article), and not in the patch notes, or in practice since the patch.

Wonder if this was "de-scoped" at the last minute?

The license reduction will likely be in 1.1.6 or 1.1.7. The wording reads as pre-1.2 to me, but I could be wrong. Since we still have a month or so before 1.2, there's plenty of time for interim changes. I just hope they rebate the difference to us.

The license reduction will likely be in 1.1.6 or 1.1.7. The wording reads as pre-1.2 to me, but I could be wrong. Since we still have a month or so before 1.2, there's plenty of time for interim changes. I just hope they rebate the difference to us.

I think you're likely right, and I have no problem with the idea... I just wish they'd updated the article to say so. The article pretty definitely says "These changes are coming in patch 1.1.5."

In 1.2, the following things will happen:

1) The cost for training will go down across all tiers.

2) The cost for tier 3 speeder models will go up across the board.

3) Certain landspeeder models will be removed from the game (the ones on sale right now).

The net result will be a significant reduction in level-up license training costs as well as a measurable reduction in the acquisition of your level 50 speeder. Purchasing additional speeders at level 50 will be more expensive, something you could call a luxury tax :)

TL;DR: If you want to game the system and save money, buy your tier 3 speeder now and wait to get the corresponding license after 1.2 goes live.

I think you're likely right, and I have no problem with the idea... I just wish they'd updated the article to say so. The article pretty definitely says "These changes are coming in patch 1.1.5."

Looks more like "soon" to me:

By publishing a series of rumors and stories that are coming in across both the Imperial and Republic news wires, we are providing all of you with advance knowledge about some of the things to come in the near future

Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline.

Emphasis mine.

3) Certain landspeeder models will be removed from the game (the ones on sale right now).

The net result will be a significant reduction in level-up license training costs as well as a measurable reduction in the acquisition of your level 50 speeder. Purchasing additional speeders at level 50 will be more expensive, something you could call a luxury tax :)

TL;DR: If you want to game the system and save money, buy your tier 3 speeder now and wait to get the corresponding license after 1.2 goes live.

I've tried to get your attention regarding an error in 1.1.5 with no success so far.

All speeder prices were reduced as promised. But the requirements to obtain the speeders WERE NOT reduced as promised on the Korrealis Sovereign (and the imp equivalent). It STILL requires valor level 65 and is BoP. I strongly suspect that is an oversight on BW's part. You removed the social 10 requirement on the Barron and it can be traded. Same goes for the other speeders.

Please confirm your intent with this speeder. I have been playing the game as intended, enjoying the leveling process and even doing some pvp along the way (level 10 now). I should hit level 50 before 1.2, but there is no way on Illum that I'll get to level 65 valor before 1.2. Additionally, keeping this requirement will only reward the exploiters who farmed the Reps on Illum. I never exploited and played the game as intended (not spacing through convos). Now, doing so, I will be out of luck being able to get this soon to be collectors item.

Did you INTEND to keep the Valor requirement on this vehicle while removing it from all the other soon to be extinct vehicles? Did you intend to keep it BoP while making the others tradeable?

Edited by poobacca

Thanks for the clarification. To bad however we have to wait for it for the measures to take effect until 1.2 goes live.

ALL speeders are going to be removed? Does that mean we will need to buy new ones? Will they be replaced with new ones? Sorry bit confusled.

Exactly -why- are the landspeeders being removed? Is having a cool flying car detrimental to the game in any way? Quite frustrating having to scrape together a million or two for magical mystery reasons.

ALL speeders are going to be removed? Does that mean we will need to buy new ones? Will they be replaced with new ones? Sorry bit confusled.

It means the ones currently on sale will no longer be offered.

So, if you want one get one now because you won't be able to get it once patch 1.2 goes live.

If you have it, you can still use it. Just can't get another one.

Edited by Quiet

Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

Lower price Tier 1 & 2 licences, higher price Tier 3 licences - coming into affect in the near future (patch 1.2).

I haven't muched PVP, I was only Valor level 21... I heard about them removing certain mounts when Patch 1.2 hits... I am a mount collector and this greatly disturbed me. I had 11k to my name. This was last Friday ( the 9th ). I have since than done all the dailys everyday and today I bought the Korrealis Baron, the Tirsa Prime is the only speeder I have left to buy that I believe is being removed. I had already bought the Commander long ago. I have also since gotten Valor level 45, but my fear is that I won't get 65 before Patch 1.2 hits. A clear deadline for those of us who are worried about getting these speeders would be very helpful along with a full list of the speeders being removed. Edited by Rutrict