hacks are out of control

VLAHD

Only if it has frosting

I am going to be honest with you. I lied before, but this time there are no tricks. I do not have any cake for you. I do, however, have a cupcake. It has frosting. I know how much you love frosting. This cupcake has so much frosting on it. Would you like to have it? I will give it to you. All you have to do is open this box.

I lied. There is no cupcake either. But take this deadly neurotoxin instead. It has been carefully engineered to smell like cake. You won't even notice the difference really. I did this all for you, you know. I just wanted to make it up to you that there isn't any real cake. Are we friends again now? I really do hope so.

Edited by Arlanon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I am sure hacking goes on, but in all honesty there are some pretty well drilled PVP groups out there, that are genuinely almost impossible to beat "when they are premade or as one large group" and I think do not need to hack, sure they are mostly butt heads that are dripping with obnoxious fumes, but they are genuinely good PVPers I think?, "NOTE, when grouped in premades only", some of which I respect, not many, just the few that are not needing the support of 5 odd to gank one, and will actually go 1 on 1, unfortunately the later is the rarest event in TOR, 1 on 1, I wonder why that could possibly be?, hmmm gets you thinking a. Premades can look like hacking is going on, but I do not think they do, they are just perfect groups, able to communicate in Vent or TS, which look awesome and on paper they are awesome when grouped with there buddies, against unorganized opposition regular queues etc, chances are your gonna lose badly and consider blaming it on hacking, been there, done that, and I do not think the majority do hack at all.

However, it is kind of obvious the speed hack I have noticed more recently raring its ugly head again, and what appears to be an instant death blow on even those in elite WH or WH armor, to me is just a little suspect as I am unaware of any class that has such abilities to do such blows. I ask, are you aware of any class with the ability to instantly kill elite WH and WH geared people?, the hack advanced sentinal or smuggler class maybe?, cause I sure as hell don't, though you may gain some answers from some of those oddball PUB guilds, they are most likely to know how that one is done, rather than Imperials I feel :).

Good luck.

Edited by FatEdd

I am going to be honest with you. I lied before, but this time there are no tricks. I do not have any cake for you. I do, however, have a cupcake. It has frosting. I know how much you love frosting. This cupcake has so much frosting on it. Would you like to have it? I will give it to you. All you have to do is open this box.

I lied. There is no cupcake either. But take this deadly neurotoxin instead. It has been carefully engineered to smell like cake. You won't even notice the difference really. I did this all for you, you know. I just wanted to make it up to you that there isn't any real cake. Are we friends again now? I really do hope so.

I guess you would be regarded as one of the seemingly infinite number of obnoxious individuals that furnish TOR.

Being one of those elite WH /WH geared players trust me when I say Ive been one shotted by a few of those teams. Its interesting because I always take note of the names of the players. Not to report necessarily because I just want to see if I see them in other matches later, perhaps on my team at some point. Funny because what Im noticing is a lot of these OP teams and players Ill see for a few weeks and then boop gone.

I have also noticed a lot of these players will show up maybe Tuesday/Wednesday and then gone for an entire week. I also see a lot of turnover in the guilds these players are in. How do I track them..well thats the marvelous thing of /friend you can see whose on and not on on a consistent basis.

So what does it mean......well Tuesday the weekly resets and Ive heard rumours bans come in the weekly variety so other than the players are leveilng other toons I guess guilds could be scheduling game play.

Pick what you think makes most sense. All I know is Bioware isnt as clueless as some would have you believe.

Sometimes players lose. Some players lose all the time. Those players would rather believe they're losing due to hacking rather than poor playing on their part.

Iv'e seen a couple hacks. Iv'e even been accused of hacking on a couple occasions. However, the idea that everyone is hacking and that it's "out of control" is rather ridiculous. If you see someone you think is hacking report it and add them to your friends list. If all of a sudden they're not logged in for a while...

Edited by mrdert

i dunno,but i dont know if it's me or the server but it seems like there is these large lag hits some times and friends,guildys agree because we are all in Vent and you get this spike and then some players seem to just hit like trucks,i havent seen it as much latley but i do recall it well and it was noticed by many that i played with.

i dunno,but i dont know if it's me or the server but it seems like there is these large lag hits some times and friends,guildys agree because we are all in Vent and you get this spike and then some players seem to just hit like trucks,i havent seen it as much latley but i do recall it well and it was noticed by many that i played with.

I totally second that, complete freezing up just as they are about to strike, kind of convenient that. Does not happen often, but when it does I often scratch my head over how.

Performance in this game is so spotty that it's just not worth calling "hacks" on anything. However, there are people who PvP enough to know when something isn't right...not that they're correct, but I don't trust anyone on the interweb. Hackers ARE out there...especially in FTP games.

Performance in this game is so spotty that it's just not worth calling "hacks" on anything. However, there are people who PvP enough to know when something isn't right...not that they're correct, but I don't trust anyone on the interweb. Hackers ARE out there...especially in FTP games.

Sure to a degree,but my guild is average age maybe 30 to mid 40's in age,many from the tech industry and we primarily PvP,so if a few them guys are scratching their heads and saying it in vent,well thats just not the interwebs.

Like i said though,i rarely see it,lately.

If the other player took the speeder the second it spawned and got the speed buff from a mara (I think the bubble of sage/sorc give a short speed boost too) and used force speed the second predation is down and you took the speeder lately I think he was not even close to hacking.

On the other hand, if he took the speeder lately and you took it quickly and he got zero speed buff, there is something wrong.

I thought that it may be just speed bossts from the sith equivelent combat sent, and a spped burst from him being a sage but it made me wonder if he was, because he was capping as i turned the corner.

Thanks for your input.

YEAH! And <Full Resolve> and <Goof Troop> and <The Agency> and <COVENANT> and <Ascendancy> and especially <Deadweight> oh wait...

Or maybe you should post this in server specific forums, or not at all...

Only hacks I've ever "seen" is lag switches, and you know, it could just be actual lag...

This. I've played with cookies, full resolve, aliens and others and none imho dont hack. They use a lot of coordination (sp?) and tactics. I have also learned a lot from them on why what works and what doesnt due to skills of other AT. I have seen DW once saved one of their teamates from me killing them by a tank pulling them back to the healer since they out of range of heals and heal them back up. Coordination. As others have stated, from one reason or another the gameplay on the harbinger changes from days to nights...Pubs rule the day time and Imps rule the night.

As others have stated, from one reason or another the gameplay on the harbinger changes from days to nights...Pubs rule the day time and Imps rule the night.

Yeah, that's mostly the case, though, I have seen members of various top pvp guilds on at odd hours, maybe trying to recruit dayshift/lateshift people? Funny quote though: "pubs rule the day" "imps rule the night"

As for hacking, I wouldn't say that it's out of control, but I also wouldn't say "lol u just sux, theres no hacks." because there clearly have been before, which means it would be incredibly unlikely that all the hacks suddenly disappeared after patch 1.x and never came back again.

Can't say much for "hacks" myself, but some oddities I've encountered while pvping over the past 8-10 months or so:

1. playing an infiltration shadow (rank 3 stealth level), going south in denova map (everyone else fighting east/west), see 2 defenders (commando and gunslinger), commando runs directly towards me and uses knockback to pop me out of stealth and I get killed. Find that a little odd, go south again, but stealth immediately upon respawn and before leaving gate, drop down, hug wall all the way north, pop increased stealth, stay 40m away from south node and 2 guards, commando runs directly towards my position and starts firing. I cloak out and force speed away, he follows me and shoots, breaking my stealth. So what does that mean? hack? like the good ol' counter-strike days when people ballhacked, wallhacked, speedhacked,etc. hacked? maybe. broken stealth? maybe. don't know, but I submitted a ticket and got a live agent chat a few days later, (back when there were still live agent chats). friended the guy, he's still playing.

2. lowbie pvp, guy in civil war map caps snow from inside the turret, he can target and kill all the attackers, but can't be targetted himself, so his teammates basically just stand there and watch as all the attacks run up, get shot, do 0 damage to him, then die, as he just chills there inside the turret. Submitted ticket, auto-generated response, friended him, saw him make it to 50 and keep playing.

3. the most common "lag" hacks several people have mentioned. I was in the civil war the other day guarding the snow node with 2 others, attackers show up, fight starts, at around 95% hp, then I hear the saber swinging sound, look down and see 1 bar of connection, look at my watch, open up a few google pages/chceck email etc., all open without issue, my connection is fine, go back to swtor, still see 1 red bar, still getting saber swing sound effect when I try to attack the guy in front of me, look back at my watch, keep waiting, finally after 45 secs, I see a ton of animations, see 1 of my teammates die, the node goes from green to red, I'm at 85% hp, I throw guard on the surviving teammate, keep fighting, he dies, I die, we respawn and try for snow, then grass, as our lead continues to dwindle down for up 200 to down 10, then down 50, then down 100, never get either side back, then the match is over and results in a loss. Matches like that make me suspcious, but the question is, is that some kind of intentional lag hack like ddosing or just bad laggy servers? no idea. didn't submit a ticket for that match, no point really, what am I going to say? "oh, there was lag then we lost, somebody had to be hacking!" more often than not the thought of hacking comes to mind in pvp, even amongst players of top pvp guilds, but thinking it/being suspicious of it and going out of your way to report it/make forum posts about it are two different things.

Those above 3 are the only real examples I have of "hacking" and even then, if they indeed were hacking or map/glitching in the case of the turret thing, bioware, or maybe more specifically EA, obviously didn't care enough to do anything about it.

I used to play Battlefield 3 on the pc and ps3, and anyone here who has played battlefield 3 on the PC can attest for the Rampant hacking there. I mean, it's not "oh maybe he's hacking or maybe he's just really good!" but specifically just Hacking. Getting killed by an ammo box? having a guy running on top of the map in metro dropping c4 onto the back stairway and getting 90 kills in less than a minute, then getting the kill cam and seeing him specifically running back and forth on an invisible wall outside of the map, continuing to drop c4 packs into the hallway below him? Yeah, that's hacking. And no, EA did absolutely nothing to fix that. And similar to the policy here, you name a player and either the thread is deleted entirely or your post is edited to remove the player's name, then a mod replies that you shouldn't name people, but submit a ticket and it will be reviewed. That is part of the problem, this "anti-snitch" mentality that basically protects hackers with a shield of anonymity. So to be clear hacking battlefield 3 IS out of control. In swtor? not so much. Are there genuine hacks? most likely. Does that mean you will Never win a match again and never get your weekly/daily completed? no. I've learned to roll with the punches in this game, win some, lose some, some matches are great, some matches suck, won some ranked, lost some ranked, but until there is blatant hacking ala battlefield 3, I'll stick with it, maybe submit tickets here and there which will likely be deleted and ignored. The day that hacking is clear and as blatant as battlefield 3 though, I'll abandon this game just like I did battlefield 3.

Lastly, there are things other than hacks that make this game pretty unfair, some are exploits, and some are just really terrible design choices.

One exploit that comes to mind was from a match the other day, voidstar, starting out as attackers, opposing team has a sorc force speed across the gap to the top platform on the defender side, then sorc pulls a sniper. The sniper then begins shooting all the attackers on both sides, as the sorc keeps dropping aoe heals and bubbling the sniper and himself and staying out of the los. This went on for a good 3 minutes, then one of the tanks pulled the sorc down at least and when he respawned, he didn't go back to the platform, but match was lost by that point anyway. Sniper, meanwhile, stayed in cover and kept shooting at everyone (good thing they nerfed stuns to 10m, huh?), then eventually I think he got killed when some ranged dps went out of their way to target him. Afterwards, submitted a ticket, not that bioware will care or do anything, maybe patch an invisible wall in 6 months from now.

This was a pretty pathetic way to play a match for sure, but given the guild, not particularly surprised (not going to name them, but it wasn't any of the guilds mentioned in this thread, just a casual pvp guild with players that aren't very good). It was made even more unfair given that most of my team was maras, which, again, can't jump to enemies in cover. So yeah, that match sucked. However, would I call this hacking? no. Exploiting? yes. They exploited a design flaw and ultimately threw the match, but even then hardly "hacking."

Some other prevalent exploits would be the sage/sorc bubbles that explode and stun you while leaving your resolve bar untouched. Seen this more and more, but the devs at least mentioned that they're going to redesign that in the future, so I guess we'll see how often people will use that in huttball after they patch that.

A second design flaw that is pretty often exploited is the operative/scoundrel knockdown/stun combo and the jugg/guardian push/slap combo. For some reason, when either one of these are used, you're pretty much permastunned on the ground and will die before you ever get back up. If it's used in an acid pool in huttball, even more guaranteed you won't get back up. But, considering that these have been in the game since launch, these apparently just get filed under "working as intended." The shadow/assassin kick/spike+stun combo kind of works like that, but it for some reason it seems like the animation from that moves you from on the ground to standing, whereas the scoundrel/guardian knockdown, the animation shows your character actually trying to stand up for a second or two before being able to do anything. So yeah, wouldn't mind seeing those redesigned like they did with the consular/inquisitor knockback animation, but I won't hold my breath.

But yeah, I've been on teams with goof troop, cookies, deadweight, aliens, yes, etc. had some wins, had some losses, but more often than not when you end up on a team with a 4man premade of them, you're most likely going to win even if you just sit in the middle of nowhere and watch the whole match. Why? because they know their classes well, they know other classes well and how to counter them and they use voicechat and are coordinated (and in all likelihood continue to get more coordinated doing the same thing over and over and over). Is it "fair" that being on a team with them against a bunch of solo q randoms is almost a guaranteed win? probably not, but according to bioware, that, too, is "working as intended" because they won't be removing group q's from normal warzones.

All I can really say is be happy the "hacking" in this game isn't as bad as in battlefield 3, because that game was truly ruined from hacking. In all honesty though, it would behoove bioware to consider getting a warden/punkbuster type file verification system going, especially with the influx of new f2p players who no doubt will likely face cookies/goof troop/etc. as a solo random, then decide to google hacks for the game to get even in order to make up for their lack of skill.

Edited by SomeJagoff

One exploit that comes to mind was from a match the other day, voidstar, starting out as attackers, opposing team has a sorc force speed across the gap to the top platform on the defender side, then sorc pulls a sniper. The sniper then begins shooting all the attackers on both sides, as the sorc keeps dropping aoe heals and bubbling the sniper and himself and staying out of the los. This went on for a good 3 minutes, then one of the tanks pulled the sorc down at least and when he respawned, he didn't go back to the platform, but match was lost by that point anyway. Sniper, meanwhile, stayed in cover and kept shooting at everyone (good thing they nerfed stuns to 10m, huh?), then eventually I think he got killed when some ranged dps went out of their way to target him. Afterwards, submitted a ticket, not that bioware will care or do anything, maybe patch an invisible wall in 6 months from now.

This was a pretty pathetic way to play a match for sure, but given the guild, not particularly surprised (not going to name them, but it wasn't any of the guilds mentioned in this thread, just a casual pvp guild with players that aren't very good). It was made even more unfair given that most of my team was maras, which, again, can't jump to enemies in cover. So yeah, that match sucked. However, would I call this hacking? no. Exploiting? yes. They exploited a design flaw and ultimately threw the match, but even then hardly "hacking."

Saw this last night. Unknown sorc in recruit gear, from a guild I never heard of. Reported the exploit, thanks for the friend tip, now I can see what happens to him.

I've played with Yes, and We Haz Cookies, and against Deadweight, Goof Troop, etc. They're just good. It's usually not the high end guilds who hack/exploit, hackers get bored too quickly for that.

Saw this last night. Unknown sorc in recruit gear, from a guild I never heard of. Reported the exploit, thanks for the friend tip, now I can see what happens to him.

I've played with Yes, and We Haz Cookies, and against Deadweight, Goof Troop, etc. They're just good. It's usually not the high end guilds who hack/exploit, hackers get bored too quickly for that.

yeah, stuff like that voidstar platform thing, never seen anyone from cookies/goof troop/deadweight/etc. ever do anything that cheap/lame.

1. playing an infiltration shadow (rank 3 stealth level), going south in denova map (everyone else fighting east/west), see 2 defenders (commando and gunslinger), commando runs directly towards me and uses knockback to pop me out of stealth and I get killed. Find that a little odd, go south again, but stealth immediately upon respawn and before leaving gate, drop down, hug wall all the way north, pop increased stealth, stay 40m away from south node and 2 guards, commando runs directly towards my position and starts firing. I cloak out and force speed away, he follows me and shoots, breaking my stealth. So what does that mean? hack? like the good ol' counter-strike days when people ballhacked, wallhacked, speedhacked,etc. hacked? maybe. broken stealth? maybe. don't know, but I submitted a ticket and got a live agent chat a few days later, (back when there were still live agent chats). friended the guy, he's still playing.

I think I can explain this one. It's happened to me a couple of times (3 overall as far as i can remember) and I'm not sure what causes it. I'm speaking about being on the other end of this scenario as a sorc in NC. I think there is a bug that VERY rarely keeps the shadows nametag and healthbar in plain sight despite them being in stealth.

The worse part is, you can click on them and attack as normal! :eek:

It's odd, the healthbar is there, the name is there, the small circle on the ground when you target them is there, but the "character space" is blank.

• 1 year later...