Sentinel Class Representative

EricMusco

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure who you are, but I'm not sure why you're "laughing." I see that several other people have voted for you, and I am happy for you. But I'm not sure if you're trying to insult me, and if you are, I don't know what your reasoning behind it is.

Either way, I just hope you don't have malicious intent with your post, I am just here to have fun and play the game. I didn't even know people were going to nominate me, I just opened this thread out of curiosity and I was very surprised to see myself get voted.

On another topic, I would like to thank everybody for voting for me. I honestly just came into this thread out of pure curiosity to see who was being nominated, and I was EXTREMELY surprised to see my name mentioned so many times. I thank you all for the votes.

Not trying to insult you as a person krunchy, but don't you main operative? Also, from my personal experiences with you, I'm not entirely convinced that you'll take the role seriously if you were elected. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks so.

Also, don't pretend you don't know who I am :) You have a video of me keeping you away from healing your team for several minutes in a huttball. Apparently, taking that long to kill a post-2.0 op healer makes me bad?

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Someone who doesn't have a well rounded play of the class is a terrible representative, but then again, class representatives are also a terrible idea. Most players are insular and only focus on the areas that matter most to them. As an example, when EverQuest tried this it failed horribly. The Ranger class representative never had a character that participated in raids. He spent most of his time crying about hard it was for casuals to get good gear or solo.

If you pick someone, please let it be someone who actually actively participates in end game PvE and rated PvP. Not someone who only plays part of the game, and would rely on others to bring ideas forward. I can't support someone who hasn't been raiding Nightmare TFB/SV or hasn't been actively participating in rated PvP. Relying on someone to represent the class as whole will never work. Just shoot for someone who would cover a majority of the player base that matters.

Or a better idea, elect a PvP and a PvE representative.

This absolutely needs to happen. I don't know of a single player who plays rated pvp and does the new hardest raids regularly at the same time. You need one of each.

Most of the Sentinels named here are great players and they would probably make for good representativers, but i would like you guys to think that we dont need the best player to represent us, we need a guy with experience on showing prove on pros and cons, with tested proficiency on summarize every aspect of our class issues and a good dose of criticism.

Please check this, i dont have any relation with oofalong, i havent even ever talk with him, but if i have to choose who is going to represent my loved class ... i have no doubt.

Finding people who've been doing both hardcore PvE progression AND competitive ranked PvP is going to be very difficult.

Gosia, not sure if he would like to be class representative but he does hardcore PvE and has been successful with it and is amongst one of the best guilds for ranked.

Edited by reapex

If elected, I will strive for balance between the 3 sentinel/marauder specs, as well as relative to the 7 other ACs, both in PvP and PvE. I enjoy theorycrafting, as my friends will tell you.

Watchman/annihilation spec's viability in competitive PvP would be one of the concerns I would put forth, as well as focus/rage spec's slight overpoweredness.

This post may have lost you many votes sir. It shows a lack of PvP knowledge for sure.

Finding people who've been doing both hardcore PvE progression AND competitive ranked PvP is going to be very difficult.

There is a LOT of them. That are very good at both. They avoid the forums like the plague for a reason.

Dead Serious Question: Can anyone find me a post by KrunchyMedia that is not whining, bullying, and has something to do with depth and knowledge of the Sent/Mara class? This is a serious question - given he's been nominated many times I'm curious to see some quality. I could only find stuff on other classes, whining, and bullying when I searched his history.

Edited by Maelael

I have a novel idea to solve the PvP vs. PvE issues...

Fellow Sentinels and Marauders let's collude. Let's nominate a PvP-focused Sentinel and a PvE-focused Marauder or vice versa. This would allow both player bases to be equally represented.

Edited by oofalong

Dead Serious Question: Can anyone find me a post by KrunchyMedia that is not whining, bullying, and has something to do with depth and knowledge of the Sent/Mara class? This is a serious question - given he's been nominated many times I'm curious to see some quality. I could only find stuff on other classes, whining, and bullying when I searched his history.

I do think it is a bit strange that the four people that voted for him all voted within 7 minutes of each other. At 2 a.m. EST.

Oh really? Explain please.

Spoiler hidden since its long and OT.

"If elected, I will strive for balance between the 3 sentinel/marauder specs, as well as relative to the 7 other ACs, both in PvP and PvE. I enjoy theorycrafting, as my friends will tell you."

-There are many who think the specs are balanced, and that there is just a time and a place for each. Others weigh them poorly due to playskill difference, and not actually an unbiased assessment.

-Balancing with the other 7 ACs would mean nerf in multiple cases. You also can't compare some of the ACs in terms of balance well. Some people feel the balance is just fine, some don't.

-My mom says I'm good at PvP. Does that mean I'm good at PvP? Post theorycrafting with results, don't just say you do. This is more congruent with the other guy who said "The best theorycrafters don't post here" which got shot to hell by the people who said "because they're afraid of critique?" Not saying you're being bad, just saying when you say that, people laugh.

"Watchman/annihilation spec's viability in competitive PvP would be one of the concerns I would put forth, as well as focus/rage spec's slight overpoweredness."

PVP is not a static contest like PvE. Bleeds can have a place in PvP, but only really to mitigate heals on a wide multiple target scale (example: Madness/Balance sorcs). And even then, they're not an optimal choice save in certain groupstyle setups. This isn't just this game either - every MMO I've played with decent PvP that isn't an afterthought to the designers is this way.

You want to lock down your enemy, make them waste CDs, and kill them asap and force them to have to comeback and makeup lost ground. A dead enemy doesn't do damage. A healer who isn't there isn't healing.

You can't cleanse damage already taken, but you can cleanse DoTs. You can't prepare for damage already done, but you can prepare for damage you know is incoming. Fights are not long enough vs one enemy for bleeds to be worth it - nor would you really want them to be that long. Bleeds are just a bad choice.

This also goes back to my remarks on people truly knowing the class - people post 700-1m+ screenshots of anni/watchman damage and think that's good. I realize large damage looks great to scrubs, and it does net you coms (Just call it awesome com farming, its okay to say that). But in the grand, actual make for a win scheme of things it's a laughingstock. It's like the people that don't realize that player who just stalled 6 people for over 60 seconds on their way from east to south so you could retake south gave you that win, not the healer or dps with 800k+. But most scrubs don't understand that.

Furthermore, healing is really overpowered in PvP in this game. You would have to GREATLY increase Watchman's damage to actually meet the effectiveness of the other two specs in terms of being able to outdo heal intake vs damage intake in a 10-30 second fight. This would create a really redonkulous problem of holy crap too much DPS in PvE if they did so.

Burst, Amp, Spike AoEs, Defensives, anti-ccs, and CCs. It's what matters in PvP in every game. I've never once seen bleeds matter or be good.

I do think it is a bit strange that the four people that voted for him all voted within 7 minutes of each other. At 2 a.m. EST.

I'm okay with that. If the guy has a lot of friends, and just comes across as a jerk on the forums - but is AMAZING with knowledge of the class, communication, and working with a community, I'd vote for him. I just want to see it.

Edited by Maelael

KrunckyMedia gets my vote.

Down with the oppressive PvE-Heroe-Theorycrafters-with-Valor15 !

I have valor 88, 79, and 69 (!) right now on three toons. I've been playing since April. I'm sure I have a rated score but I never checked once I got past 10 wins (Because I don't care...but now I'm curious). I've also done a ton of 55hms on all three toons, and a few HM Ops on the healer and tank.

Show me Krunchy being awesome. Anywhere. At anything. I'd take the PvE-Hero-Theorycrafters over a nobody any day. Show me the money, put your money where your mouth is, put up or shut up, etc. Right now you guys look like a bunch of fanbois running at the mouth insulting PvErs. It makes the PvP people look like idiots, and since I'm mostly a PvPer - stop it.

Edited by Maelael

I vote for Zoebert from the Bastion (Zoeybert after transfer? not sure.) He is very knowledgeable of the sentinel class and one of the few sents I can see solo que in a warzone and feel confident that he alone will be in the top 3 for dps, and he'll also fight effortlessly for those objectives. he focuses nodes, runs the ball like a mad man (dat combat trans), watches doors, cc's at choke points at right times, knows the meta game more then he knows his lettuce and all the rest!

He's also very skilled and knowledgeable with all three advanced classes. I think in watchmen pre transfers he got almost 200k healing (post DoT healing nerf) with I think 1 mil+ damage. He plays the spec that is needed in a certain situation and plays it like its been his main spec since he started.

But he's not just good in pvp! While I was in a progression raiding team pre 2.0 we would always use him as a first choice fill in dps for 16 man hms, 8 man hms, hm tfbs or whatever we were running because we knew he wouldn't be a liability and he was capable of learning mechanics and being knowledgeable of his classes capabilities, and adapt quickly to his surroundings.

His pve skills might not be as sharp anymore since he is more apart of the ranked scene and said **** pve after our progression team had a fall through, but he'd still be an amazing candidate for being the representative for pvp sentinels everywhere!

I hope this post justifies why Zoebert should be the representative for pvp sentinels everywhere! Now back to my nap.