Do People Hate Flashpoints?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no point in running them. Except for the two beginning ones, they are long and the loot and XP are no better than what can be obtained by questing. This holds double true for HM FP's. The content is cool and challenging but my time is better spent doing something else.

This. The reward for the time invested is not worth it, not even close. Its helpful for breaking up the grind but that's it. I'd rather pvp because I know if I pvp enough by the time I get to 20 and 40 I have a shiny new set of blues. And then by the time I get to 50 I can get a head start on 50 gear.

I think that maybe if lots of people are having troubles finding groups, and find that their server is low population (even when it says standard) perhaps you could move to a more active server. I'm imperial on Darth Sion and its rarely difficult to find people for anything =) hope that helps

The common theme here is "It takes too long to get a group". Obviously this is not a large GUILD problem. Additionally, I play on "The Fatman"- which always has a que to get in at peak hours- I still can rarely get a group because after 10 minutes of boredom at the fleet, I give up and go quest. Why it takes too long to get a group:

1.) Most people are not willing to use their play time to spam at the fleet. Dungeon Finder solves this problem.

2.) As usual, there are not enough tanks and healers to get a crew going. Fix this by allowing multiple Specs.

4.) UI features: we want options like " TURN OFF AUTO SELF HEAL" (seriously-how hard is that to implement?). People have there preferences, and even more so in group content. SWToR offers very little in the way of UI options. BW should focus on content, and let 3rd party folks bring in the personal preference options.

5.) Rewards are low. Gear, XP, credits...Could be tweaked. I doubt this has nearly the importance of No Dungeon Que/ No multiple spec options, but it is of concern.

Bioware, thankyou for spicing up an MMO with the story and VO's of a single player RPG. If you want to retain subscriptions in an MMO, however, you have to make it a great MULTIPLAYER experience as well.

I enjoy them a great deal. I've found that flashpoints are a good way to pass some time and gain a bit of good loot when not working on main quest stuff or pvp wz's. That being said, I do also know that I don't like looking for groups to go with on these missions and so tend to only do so with guild-mates or trusted friends that can help round-out a full party. Too much douche-baggery comes with accepting random folks on the servers I play on and I usually get stuck with the needy type who's looking to suit out his companions. I've also found the story-lines in these missions seem to be a bit more on the intense side--probably for the social points situation; which also tends to make them more enjoyable in my book.

I've been playing MMO's since the early 2000, ever quest, Eve, Wow, most of the time was playing ever quest for over six years right I disappointed with Sony on what they did my character class. And the fact that everything was group will contact. As a player you always had to go and look for a group to get any storyline completed. With over nine years of play time in MMO's I've gotten tired of having to ask for help to do things. You run into the problem of playing with arrogant people who dropped under geared toones out of the group, or not be able find a group at all. Most people play these games for the best gear in the game to be the superior warrior and the simple fact is that they have to group to get. I would like to make the suggestion that you make your flashpoints soloable, because I hate wasting my time looking for people to help. Or trying to get into a hard flashpoint and being told that I'm under geared when I have done every soloable mission i possibly can. I even ran into problems weren't just doing my dailies and I've asked people if they wanted to join group so were not fighting over the same mobs and they say no. I'm starting to find the game to be very disheartening knowing I will never see end game unless I rely on other people to get me there.

There just are not enough people leveling any longer, and those that are, are spread between different levels. Grouping for flashpoints was common the first 3 weeks of the game release. I would like to see all the flashpoints get a hard mode, it will breathe life back into some of them later in the games life.

Thanks everyone.

Lack of an LFG tool is definitely an important point. I could be questing and exping during the time that I would be yelling "LFG"

Several other MMOs including Rift (which only started a little over a year ago) began without an LFG tool, but added one later.

Hopefully, they will add one in time.

during the guild summit a month or two ago they said there will be some form of lfg tool at some point in the future.

I agree they need a Finder, you see ppl sitting at FP's waiting and waiting.................................

It's time they found a Guild haha.. Guilds = Fun = Flashpoints = More Fun = Raids = :p

But each and every person has personal reasons, just keep screaming for ppl and your bound to find someone willing to help you or join the fun. :D

Edited by SnowWhite

they don't give u good gear. they should drop rakata gear at least. or they should have a nightmare mode that drops black hole commendations for flashpoints.

Yes I know ppl who run ops say "well that'd be too easy and everyone would have it" but frankly at the moment there is 0 reason to run any of the flashpoints. they're just a useless relic sitting there, when they could be giving us some kind of content to do

the new lost island is an exception, it at least drops rakata pieces

I don't run Flashpoints at all other than Esseles/BH (that's the only two I have ever seen). The main reason is that I can't be arsed to manually put together a group or even wait for someone else to do that. I am really not a "instant gratification" sort of player, but I do want to have instant fun when I play a game and not waste substantial time waiting for a group to fill up. For that reason the only endgame activity I do is PvP. There is a LFG tool for warzones and the games rarely last longer than 20 minutes. Which is another reason why I don't do PvE endgame - I need the reassurance that I can drop what I am doing at basically any time I wish. Committing entire evenings to dungeons/raids is sort of unthinkable for me.

I find flashpoints to be faster levelling as well as social points and good loot.

The only downside is when you have a group member who is overly needy or stupid.

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?

Because mathematically they are actually SLOWER leveling. The gear is decent, but usually replaced fairly quickly by planet commendation mods or purple gear from the AH.

Social points are just worthless atm, so nobody cares about that.

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?

because they added a group finder for PvP and not PvE, people r lazy so they do PvP cause its easier to hit a button to join a queue than it is to type to people and see if they want to do something.

Would be nice to have at least a level based LFG chat channel.

But as it is now the best way (imo) to get a group is by spamming general chat while questing. Why would you go to the fleet when most characters of your lvl range are questing on the planet of your level range.

Would be nice to have at least a level based LFG chat channel.

But as it is now the best way (imo) to get a group is by spamming general chat while questing. Why would you go to the fleet when most characters of your lvl range are questing on the planet of your level range.

Because that's where the Flashpoints are. Otherwise you'll add 10-20 minutes waiting time as people individually do just one more little thing while waiting for everyone to be ready.

To answer the question, I like Flashpoints, I just hate the boredom involved in getting into one.

Because that's where the Flashpoints are. Otherwise you'll add 10-20 minutes waiting time as people individually do just one more little thing while waiting for everyone to be ready.

To answer the question, I like Flashpoints, I just hate the boredom involved in getting into one.

Don't most planets have a shuttle usually near a taxi where you can go right to the fleet?