Bioware learn to class balance

Concealments

The taking away of Phase walk really was a slap in the face. Especially when they first slapped us by giving it to the sorc/sage and then screwed us again by essentially saying "we know you assassins/shadows will be in the line of fire all the time as we make you stay within a few meters of your target. LOS really isn't an option for you, and we know you're going to be focused and could no doubt use an extra escape, but screw you, we're taking it away from you and letting the sage/sorcs, the classes we already appeased by giving them the ability we designed for you, keep the ability that you should have."

I still don't think we can just be given pw right now and be called balanced.. however, like I quite clearly demonstrated on reddit I wholehearthedly disagree with recent movements in balancing defensives.

That stun dr is direly needed by BOTH the DPS specs.

And Tanks have no business with it.

I quit playing for a few years and came back, and kept trying to set my phase walk in a match. I asked people why it wasn't working, Oh, you don't have it anymore, only sorcs.

WHY SORCS?? THEY HAVE A SUPER BALL FOR **** SAKE! GIVE ME A SUPER BALL AND TAKE IT FROM SORCS THEN!

I can definitely see lack of phasewalk impacting my ability to be slippery and hard to kill, I am not quite sure the reasoning behind taking it from me because I am a stealth class after all, I am supposed to be slippery and hard to kill.

Edited by bluesoldier

they *felt*™ assassins/shadows were too mobile. that was the reason given for the Grand Theft Phase Walk, pretty much verbatim. Which is still more informative (*snort*) than what happened for the very recent removal of stun DR mind you, we didn't even get a "we felt" BS about that.

they *felt*™ assassins/shadows were too mobile. that was the reason given for the Grand Theft Phase Walk, pretty much verbatim. Which is still more informative (*snort*) than what happened for the very recent removal of stun DR mind you, we didn't even get a "we felt" BS about that.

Too mobile? Why do Operatives still have a shadowstep and two immunity rolls then? Why do Snipers have a Roll (and a reset cooldown for that roll) while the class is designed to be stationary? Why can literally every Range DPS (except for snipers (thank god)) cast skills while moving? Why do Sorcs get Force Speed, Phasewalk and an "Oh **** Squirrels!"- Paladinbubble? Why do Fury Maras get a ******** of immunities, jumps and rootbreak predations? Why do Juggernauts get a ******** of jumps and dashes?

Literally EVERY Class right now is more mobile than Assassins x) Great Job Bioware!

I mean, what do you people expect of a Dev-Team that can only play Sorcs/Sages on their Devstreams?

Here a video to show you people why bioware can't properly balance this game:

Enjoy yourselves and have a good laugh!

P.S.: Not my video.

Phasewalk was not a mobility cooldown, but a def cd. (which sins desperately need)

And the BS about being "too mobile" was when we had 30s force speed cd and were significantly less mobile than now.

The only reason I can possibly imagine having anything to do with mobility that needed to be nerfed were the phasewalk shenanigans PVE tanks could do to cheese boss mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
First of all, you need to understand the word balance, because clearly, you don't understand it. So, I recommend you take your balance team back to school.

Give DPS assassin/shadow their Phasewalk and Damage reduction back.

Or at the very least learn to grasp the whole trinity system! Its a simple system how do you screw it up every effin time? ANY DPS spec'd that has DCD's that grant essentially 3 lives will be sought out because they have the best of both worlds the ability to put out the equivalent DPS of a glass cannon spec but the survival to live through a glass cannons onslaught. This is why Skanks are popular as well even some SIn tanks can dot the crap outa you WTH is that! At no point should a god ^%$^% effin tank be able to put out DPS enough to rival a pure DPS spec! EVER! What in the nine hells is the point in playing a DPS spec why have them??? PLEASE DEV's answer the question! Tanks specs IMHO shouldn't even do DPS at all should be a support spec solves makes it a non-issue! All things being equal a merc and a assassin should kill each other i.e tie or dam close to it! Same goes for Sniper, Jug & mara and any other DPS specs i'm forgetting. The class should not be determing the out come..... skill should which is utterly not the case. That's why ranked is a joke and only certain classes are sought out or do well while others excel ( the afforemention I win classes). Instead what we get is an influx of mercs / snipers / jugs every match. Seriously most matches now a days has at least 4 plasma probes spamming the area making moving as a melee an utter joke. Mercs throwing missile's around like its water and jugs tossing people halfway across the map which is utterly Hypocritical because you all took assassin's knock down on spike away......... well its there but only applies it to NPC's! (now that's some straight up BS)

Now if your not capable of grasping the trinity system ( which is blatantly the case) and your intent on leaving it in place then fix the mother #%#%$ system to limit the type of classes in a match. The reason the game is dying on the vine is because you fail to grasp why people are playing. Its supose to be fun not an exercise in fustration or futility!

Now granted some will just switch to the op class others just get fed up and leave I mean really whats the point. I have a folder full of screen shots of the absolutely ridiculous matches such as 5 mercs, 6 merc's & 2 snipers and my fav 8 mercs 1 being a healer an utter joke..... point being it isn't fun. All this being said I really don't believe Bioware cares they will milk it for as long as the can and fold up shop. As it stands now Swtor is duplicating with precision everything SWG did save for having a decent crafting and space mini game Swtor's are just gimmicks to entice players from other mmo's .

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Just came back after a ragequit break caused by this stupid reign of engi, fury and arsenal. Found my shadow and sin squishier than ever. Not like I’m dying a lot faster but in middle fights/arenas players with awareness focus us among the first and if you get timed stuns you are 99% gonna die.

I can’t think of what was the reason behind taking away DR while stunned , not even one knowing the defenses fury has (maras in general with their stupid Ruthless Aggressor, but Fury stands out even more) while carrying one of the best damage potentials for example.

Comparing classes I usually play (sins and ops) I feel like it is more reasonable to play Concealment for time being, as my sin feels like useless ballast against good teams- its weak sides are too easy to exploit by enemy players now.

Edited by zhezvya

Just came back after a ragequit break caused by this stupid reign of engi, fury and arsenal. Found my shadow and sin squishier than ever. Not like I’m dying a lot faster but in middle fights/arenas players with awareness focus us among the first and if you get timed stuns you are 99% gonna die.

I can’t think of what was the reason behind taking away DR while stunned , not even one knowing the defenses fury has (maras in general with their stupid Ruthless Aggressor, but Fury stands out even more) while carrying one of the best damage potentials for example.

Comparing classes I usually play (sins and ops) I feel like it is more reasonable to play Concealment for time being, as my sin feels like useless ballast against good teams- its weak sides are too easy to exploit by enemy players now.

I tend to agree but I dislike playing other classes so I login get my dailies done and then go play a real MMO over at GW2 so great job dev team way to balance working like a champ!

I totally agree on all counts, save one, just to clarify, there is a huge misconception about Ruthless Aggressor. Ruthless Aggressor only mitigates Force and Tech damage [they still take some of it though]. It does not have any effect on white damage [weapon damage] whatsoever. Ruthless Aggressor does not stop a marauder from taking all damage, they eat every point of the white damage. Furthermore, it only can be used on people who are within 10' of the marauder, so it's of less use against ranged combatants. If a ranged is silly enough to get that close to a Marauder given that their range goes out to 30/35%, that's on them. The smart ones don't give you that opportunity! Nonetheless, it's a good little ability for sure!

Worst combat 'team' ever in this game. They have made so many unjust nerfs to various specs that it defies all logic. They nerf Deception and Carnage into the ground and give Mercs and Snipers a slap on the wrist that literally is totally undetectable and changes nothing with regard to their total superiority over melee. Ranged just runs ramp shod over melee while being on easy street.

Don't look for reasons, there are none beyond total incompetence of the combat team.

Nonetheless, it's a good little ability for sure!

When I toy with my fury mara I always look at this ability as additional 6 sec "donttochme" because like what’s the point. Most stuns will miss as well as obfuscated melee (and ranged if ranged player ****ed up his position), so... yeah, like maras have no other oh **** buttons.

As somebody mentioned in previous threads (I think Ne'laa regarding PTs) it is not about the poor performance of “x” class but some specs being stupidly made 3 in 1, we all know what these are. I’d be cool with that nerf if not the meta.

Edited by zhezvya