Thank you Bioware for the seeker droid/binocular missions

Most Fun Ive had in ages.

The peoples that designed this quest line gets a big thumbs up from me:)

Im sorry im bad with sarcasm but i hope you messing around because this has to be THE WORST ,i mean the WORST game type put into SWTOR i was talking to some friends and one guy spent 11 hours looking for a helm that he STILL HAS NOT FOUND. If you want everything all 3 speeders and both armor sets your spending DAY apon DAYS of grind out just to get it. Bioware you should of included the armor and speeder sets into the Rep vendor, and make Main hands out on planets to search for. Not searching for what 5-6 speeder parts and 5 pieces of armor, THATS THE WORST THING EVER. The biggest most F'ed up part is that if you want both sets of gear you have to do THE WHOLE quest line over again on a alt.

No sarcasm, the quest line and the h4 missions for the gsi is some of the best in game imo

Sure the digging can be a frustrating but it is strangley addictive all the same.

Just the creativity to make the heroic missions at the end is amazing had a blast with my guildies figuring out the puzzles

Edited by Ogle

Im sorry im bad with sarcasm but i hope you messing around because this has to be THE WORST ,i mean the WORST game type put into SWTOR i was talking to some friends and one guy spent 11 hours looking for a helm that he STILL HAS NOT FOUND. If you want everything all 3 speeders and both armor sets your spending DAY apon DAYS of grind out just to get it. Bioware you should of included the armor and speeder sets into the Rep vendor, and make Main hands out on planets to search for. Not searching for what 5-6 speeder parts and 5 pieces of armor, THATS THE WORST THING EVER. The biggest most F'ed up part is that if you want both sets of gear you have to do THE WHOLE quest line over again on a alt.

If you don't like it don't do it, simple.

No sarcasm, the quest line and the h4 missions for the gsi is some of the best in game imo

Sure the digging can be a frustrating but it is strangley addictive all the same.

Just the creativity to make the heroic missions at the end is amazing had a blast with my guildies figuring out the puzzles

I agree with every word. I was sceptical, but it's very refreshing.

I enjoy the missions myself, they're actually a nice change of pace, if you don't like them then you don't need to do them, quite simple

What fun is an MMO where you get everything handed to you?

Believe me, I played one of the biggest MMO's out there and spent years getting money, then when I finally reached maximum level I made A LOT of money on it through gambling and within days I got bored of it because it was so easy afterwards.

MMO's are all about the grind in my opinion, it's what keeps them entertaining (and the odd bit of annoyance).

It is a nice change of pace, but I think they could be better executed. It's funny, between these and the Makeb dailies, I haven't really killed much outside of flashpoints/ops the last few days.

I wish the Macrobinocular missions were more challenging, but not as spread out. Currently, these quests involve traveling for 10 minutes just to get to the location, and then it takes all of 5 seconds to actually find what you're looking for. End result - you spend 99% of your time on a speeder, and that gets boring after a while.

The Seeker Droid quests can be frustrating, but at least they haven't tested my sanity like the HK-51 quests did. The ones where you have to look for clues, like antennae or space ship debris, are ok, but the Seed missions get annoying.

I enjoy the missions myself, they're actually a nice change of pace, if you don't like them then you don't need to do them, quite simple

Good on ya Twickers^_^ Us good guys do need to encourage dem haters who decided they did not like the mission. Not every (single person) have to follow one group after another, everyone has their own free will. ^_^

Thank you! I also really loved these two missions, it felt that the environment does matter with all the puzzles, vertical levels, scripted mob spawns, much better than a pretty area with mobs to kill. Very refreshing. The speeders part on Nar Shaddaa was completely unexpected, amazing! I hope we will continue to see such great design or even better in future content.

• 1 month later...

I've spent the better part of the last 3 days doing these. While they are a nice refreshing change of pace and also strangely addicting, BW needs to tweak the way that treasure and quest objectives can be found. On a heavy pop server, when things get really competitive amongst diggers these quests lose their shine. It can be beyond frustrating to have people following you around and then setting their seeker droids down exactly where you put yours. Twice today I've had people do that and find the special item for the area I was in even though my dig spot went down first in the precise area they dropped theirs. This is a really really frustrating mechanic that seems to discourage social play. Which seems counter-intuitive in a MMO. Maybe if BW expanded the number of active areas/planets at a given time, this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

But yeah, these quests are a nice change of pace, but could definitely use some additional tuning.

I keep hearing this. Maybe i should start doing these mssions. But a hindrance for me is all the travelling and my load times are a bit long :-|

For me it was less about the repetitiveness of scanning the skyline with binocs/digging, more about the missions that popped. The whole point of the binocs/droid running around and scanning/digging was to show off level 55s in lower level areas and give people gear envy, as well as be a bit of a timesink.

OTOH? Adaptive instances and actual fight mechanics? Yes please. Oldschool puzzles/paying attention to environs to advance? Hell yes. And the Heroics at the end were some of the best I've played in a while, even if it's a bit frustrating getting a party for the H4s.

Also, the 'treasure area' digging is in no way compulsory to advance and is RNG dependent, so I have no clue why it's even counted as part of these quests or being whined about.

I didn't try the seeker missions, but I was loving the binocular set of missions and just when I was ready for the big payoff, a completely solo story arc ends with an H4? That was so disappointing. I have wasted a ton of time finding all those little devices across every planet and now I have to figure out how to get a team together to complete this thing? I am a solo player and there should have been some kind of warning that a team would be needed to complete this mission. :(

I didn't try the seeker missions, but I was loving the binocular set of missions and just when I was ready for the big payoff, a completely solo story arc ends with an H4? That was so disappointing. I have wasted a ton of time finding all those little devices across every planet and now I have to figure out how to get a team together to complete this thing? I am a solo player and there should have been some kind of warning that a team would be needed to complete this mission. :(

Yeah, a warning would have been much appreciated, or, even better an ending to that questline that doesn't require a group. I can't group due to anxiety issues, so this quest will forever sit in my questlog and mock me... :(

I am a big raider and I liked these. Although I do agree scaling up to H4s was a bit annoying although they did a good job of making those quests interesting and the fights different with new mechanics. I found the seeking to be relatively easy but the travel across planets and between planets was brutal. Maybe there would be a way at each quest end to give an item that takes you to the next planets space port?

Love the binocular quests, fun to run around looking for the next scannable spot. The seeker droid crap is the exact opposite. Over an hour to find a seed? And I mean for each of 4 toons, Hoth took me over an hour, running, scanning, more running. Not to mention the mind numbing sitting on a speeder for countless minutes droning through planets I haven't been on for any reason since I leveled past them. Each time I get done with Hoth I have to log out and decide if it's time to cut my sub and walk away or not. Not what I would imagine a Developer would want from a paying customer.