TFB Secret Zone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Turns out the dread guard's mask from dreadtooth has a different use- to access a secret difficulty mode of dreadtooth. However, has anyone tried going in the cave with the "drouk hunter" or "dread" debuffs?

An item can have more than one use though @-@ I mean, the water buff is used for both the Magenta Crystal and to hatch an Orobird egg.

Just a small note, at seven stacks the boss has something like 3.5 million HP.

I am not sure who was crazy enough to stack him up that high but now he runs around with seven stacks on our server. :eek: I hope he'll reset sometime soon.

Just a small note, at seven stacks the boss has something like 3.5 million HP.

I am not sure who was crazy enough to stack him up that high but now he runs around with seven stacks on our server. :eek: I hope he'll reset sometime soon.

He has 5.4 million at 4 stacks, I suspect he's more like 8 million at 7 stacks.

@5 stacks the boss has 8.8M hps...I forgot what it had on 6 stacks but someone killed him at that on our server already too.

As for the wearing mask in the cave yes its been tried. I guess we have to kill dreadtooth @10 stacks and see if he drops anything special:P

@5 stacks the boss has 8.8M hps...I forgot what it had on 6 stacks but someone killed him at that on our server already too.

As for the wearing mask in the cave yes its been tried. I guess we have to kill dreadtooth @10 stacks and see if he drops anything special:P

Wow, the jump from 5.4M (4 stacks) to 8.8M (5 stacks) is a big one. So I guess he's tuned for 16 man at 4 stacks and 24 man at 6 stacks then.

• 2 weeks later...
Same here spent like half an hour reading through this thread to be heavily dissapointed, keep trying guy's I'm sure you'll crack this. Considering what this games been like I don't think it's something overly complicated.

Same here spent like half an hour reading through this thread to be heavily dissapointed, keep trying guy's I'm sure you'll crack this. Considering what this games been like I don't think it's something overly complicated.

I'm sure it's something in there... All fingers really point towards the dread guard's amulet and mask (mask from dreadtooth, and amulet is unknown) and possibly EC nightmare. Maybe you go in with the perform EV nightmare (baby drouk, maybe? :D those things are jumpers!)

Or maybe it's simple as something like enter the cave in full Dread Guard. It make sense why they named it that.

I still want to crack this.

Things we know:

Red

• text says, “You feel a strange and chilling presence.”
  • Dev comments as outlined here :
    1. Oldschool
    2. 10:30 Particulate: you want to know what’s in the cave? 10:30 Particulate: only what you bring with you. 10:31 Martin_smith: oh damn, troll and true at the same time
    3. Martin_smith: I wouldn’t worry about it right now Martin_smith: read the words

Things we can probably assume:

• Requires 16 man HM since the text only appears on 16 man HM
  • Has to be obtainable by both Republic and Imperials, thus no unique ability to a single side

Thoughts/analysis:

• Something needs to be brought into the cave. Now we don't know if that's an item or an NPC but it seems clear we're not bringing the trigger.
  • Likely requires a full party of 16 members on HM. Seems unlikely that the text would only trigger for that scenario and not require those conditions

So...

We need guesses on reference to oldschool that relate to the game. And what would you do to get a strange and chilling presence to appear. I thought maybe the clue troll was a reference to the lumbering beasts in the instance, but think that's over thinking it. Also thought maybe the Burba device could be used in the cave but it doesn't fit in well with the clues. Could it be related to the hypergate and the hypergate vortices that spawn in the instance? Is there anything hidding anywhere on the map before the cave?

Could it require all 16 members of the raid to have the pet drop from TFB? Seems extreme but could be possible.