Which lightsaber style do you prefer?

Cupa

Well in game I am a Sage so I can only have one saber.

In real life however I practice Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryū 天真正伝香取神道流 (among other MA) and so I can fight in any combination 1 sword, 2 swords, staff, spear & more.

Now if I were to really defend my self, most likely I would grab just 1 blade (it fits my personal stile more I think)

Edited by Cyberkensho

• 2 weeks later...
Well, for me, I would use 2 lightsabers because of flexibility. But, the hard choice would be to either hold them like jedi regularly do, or to hold the Ashoka style. If you hold them normally, you can defend yourself better, but you can't attack as well as with the other form and vice versa.

Maybe let's just focus on what this thread is asking, hmm? If lightsabers were real and practical, what form/fighting style would you utilize?

I've always been a big fan of Form IV: Ataru. It's acrobatic and flowing while offering extreme offensive output. I've always liked that idea of a Jedi moving quickly and swiftly, unable to be followed. However, duel-wielding has always been a pleasure of mine, and so Jar'Kai comes in as a close second.

Jar'Kai is technically a subset of Niman, but the Jar'Kai tactic was also seen in Ataru and Ataru training regimens.

So my personal take would be Jar'Kai with an Ataru/Niman mix, though Ataru being favored. I might also add in a bit of Makashi bladework.

Edited by Venan