Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?

PoliteAssasin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for your car analogy this is as if the Sheriff sold you his Sheriff's car with government plates and the implied ability to use how you see fit, say for speeding, and then arrested you for for speeding in a government vehicle.

Show me where the Razer advertisement/promotion is advocating the use of TOS breaking macros in SWTOR. PLEASE.

Seriously. It doesn't do that. At all. People are talking as though listing a capability is the same as saying 'go ahead, do it wherever you like, we've got you covered!'.

For sale. One white ex policecar. 300bhp. Top speed of 140mph. Does 0-60 in 6 seconds.

AHA! GOT YOU NOW YOU CAN NEVER EVER PULL ME OVER!!!!!1111

Edited by Jherad

Show me where the Razer advertisement/promotion is advocating the use of TOS breaking macros in SWTOR. PLEASE.

Seriously. It doesn't do that. At all. People are talking as though listing a capability is the same as saying 'go ahead, do it wherever you like, we've got you covered!'.

For sale. One white ex policecar. Top speed of 140mph. Does 0-60 in 6 seconds.

selling points right off the box for it found pic on-line

A first for the world of gaming technology, the Star Wars: The Old Republic Gaming Keyboard by Razer features a full-color highly sensitive multi-touch LCD panel, and incorporates ten adaptive tactile keys, providing more room for easily accessible skills, hotkeys, and macros. Plus, you can convert the entire keyboard from alpha-numeric to Aurebesh! The interchangeable gold backlit faction symbols let you showcase your allegiance with the Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire. The Force is with you in this ultimate tool for intergalactic domination.

and then even another article that promotes it as:

So the first one is the Razer SWTOR Gaming Keyboard, which includes a touch-sensitive LCD with track-panel so you’re sure the force will guide for better control. There will be 10 adaptive tactile keys that are customizable, and gold backlit for each keys. Meanwhile, these keys are programmable perfect if you’re in for MACRO recording. Lastly, it’ll have 1MHz ultrapolling with 1ms response time and a 7 foot USB cable.

also found this when they Introduces that they teamed up with razor to have the keyboards made at the E 3 in 2011

Razer’s SWTOR keyboard is a very intriguing piece of technology as it contains two rather unique features. On the right side of the keyboard, Razer has included a full-color sensitive multi-touch LCD panel, which should allow players to monitor in-game data from SWTOR. Directly above the LCD, there are ten adaptive tactile keys which can be customized for hotkeys with in-game icons and/or macros

in case you were wondering if it was something they knew was in the product before: same article

Razer has joined up with both BioWare and LucasArts to develop its Star Wars: The Old Republic product line, which includes an innovative gaming keyboard, a wireless gaming mouse with a twelve button thumb-grid, and a 5.1 surround sound headset.

and further proof they knew it could be Macro

Interestingly, this event also made possible for Razer, Bioware and LucasArts to tag along together, to unleash a collection of “gaming weaponry” in a form of gaming peripherals that imbues what a galactic device should look like.

Edited by enabe
spelling

selling points right of the box for it

A first for the world of gaming technology, the Star Wars: The Old Republic Gaming Keyboard by Razer features a full-color highly sensitive multi-touch LCD panel, and incorporates ten adaptive tactile keys, providing more room for easily accessible skills, hotkeys, and macros. Plus, you can convert the entire keyboard from alpha-numeric to Aurebesh! The interchangeable gold backlit faction symbols let you showcase your allegiance with the Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire. The Force is with you in this ultimate tool for intergalactic domination.

also found this when they Introduces that they teamed up with razor to have the keyboards made at the E 3 in 2011

Razer’s SWTOR keyboard is a very intriguing piece of technology as it contains two rather unique features. On the right side of the keyboard, Razer has included a full-color sensitive multi-touch LCD panel, which should allow players to monitor in-game data from SWTOR. Directly above the LCD, there are ten adaptive tactile keys which can be customized for hotkeys with in-game icons and/or macros

in case you were wondering if it was something they new was in the product before: same article

Razer has joined up with both BioWare and LucasArts to develop its Star Wars: The Old Republic product line, which includes an innovative gaming keyboard, a wireless gaming mouse with a twelve button thumb-grid, and a 5.1 surround sound headset.

A simple list of functions.

Top speed, 140mph. Ladies and gentlemen, the freeway is yours.

Heck, even the simple word 'macro' does not necessarily need to be for a bannable offense. They've already stated that emote macros used sparingly fall in a gray area.

Edited by Jherad

A simple list of functions.

Top speed, 140mph. Ladies and gentlemen, the freeway is yours.

Heck, even the simple word 'macro' does not necessarily need to be for a bannable offense. They've already stated that emote macros used sparingly fall in a gray area.

dude u are missing the point re-read my early post about consumer rights

The Consumer Protection Committee monitors and reports on developments in the law of false and deceptive advertising, unfair trade practices and illegal marketing. These developments often include cases brought by private litigants, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and state attorneys general, as well as consumer class actions, competitor suits under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act, and decisions by the Better Business Bureau's National Advertising Division (NAD).

By telling the consumer that on this keyboard for this game u can macro then Banning them for it is from what i am reading either deceptive advertising or illegal marketing.

deceptive advertising: i quote webster's

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

and i will be nice here and highlight key points to the definition for u jrherad.

Which is not it does not stat that using the macro function of the keyboard or mouse would be a breach of the games ToS or the RoC. so this is missleading.

SO AGAIN I STAT LETS TRY TO GET BETTER CLARIFICATION ON THIS FROM A DEV OR HIGHER ON THIS ISSUE

Edited by enabe

By telling the consumer that on this keyboard for this game u can macro then Banning them for it is from what i am reading either deceptive advertising or illegal marketing.

I take you mean 'that this keyboard is capable of using macros' rather than using macros in the game, which, you know, the advertisement doesn't actually do. So not actually deceptive or 'illegal'.

Which is not it does not stat that using the macro function of the keyboard or mouse would be a breach of the games ToS or the RoC. so this is missleading.

And a cop selling a car has to explicitly state in his advert that doing the top speed would be against the law? Wow.

---

Ok peeps, I'm done with this for now. I don't macro myself, don't own one of these products, and BW have already ruled, so I'm happy with the status quo. Let's just say that I find these arguments ridiculous in the extreme. In order to sell a modern high end mouse or keyboard, macro functions are a must. Full stop.

Mice and keyboards are useable outside of the game (shock horror) which is where I would expect you to use macros. Likewise, a cop privately selling his car would find very few buyers if he had to limit it to 65 because some muppet would get the wrong idea if he listed its top speed.

Perhaps its my upbringing. Perhaps its my nationality. But I find it completely normal to apply boundaries to how I would use an object based on the laws governing an area I would use it as WELL as its product description. Is that so odd? Is it so very odd to you to find that some items can not be used for their entire functionality at all times? Do people seriously think that no MMO which bans macros should ever run a promotion with a peripheral capable of them (or shock horror describe its capabilities)?

Edited by Jherad

For sale. One white ex policecar. 300bhp. Top speed of 140mph. Does 0-60 in 6 seconds.

It says right in that picture that was linked "rebind ... macros to every button to keep you on the top of your game." Right there on the box. If that's not a direct claim that you can use them it's very misleading. As I said in my above post, they sold you a product on terms (assign your macros to this mouse) that they will not honor (violates the ToS). It would be like:

- Buying a club in a Pro Shop that has the pro shops name on it that is banned on that course (not all courses just that one).

or

- Being an MLB player suspended for using MLB brand steroids.

You need to let go of this car analogy. The normal Naga would be an ex-police car. The SWTOR Naga is an in use vehicle with current police plates sold to you by the Sheriff who had a deputy drop it off. The fact it's a car isn't important, just like I someone could have gotten a normal Naga or Logitech. It's the police plates and markings (SWTOR branding and ad copy). It's not important that it's a mouse that can use macros and they won't let us use macros. It's that they branded and advertised a mouse for macro use and made that a selling point on the box. It's deceptive.

And like I said before they don't have to let us use macros. I don't even use any. But if they sell you a product with that feature prominently advertised to help you "stay on top of your game" and make use of those features suspendable that is bait and switch and at the least you are entitled to a refund and eligible to make a BBB complaint.

Edited by Capt_Beers

I take you mean 'that this keyboard is capable of using macros' rather than using macros in the game, which, you know, the advertisement doesn't actually do. So not actually deceptive or 'illegal'.

And a cop selling a car has to explicitly state in his advert that doing the top speed would be against the law? Wow.

---

Ok peeps, I'm done with this for now. I don't macro myself, don't own one of these products, and BW have already ruled, so I'm happy with the status quo. Let's just say that I find these arguments ridiculous in the extreme. In order to sell a modern high end mouse or keyboard, macro functions are a must. Full stop.

Mice and keyboards are useable outside of the game (shock horror) which is where I would expect you to use macros. Likewise, a cop privately selling his car would find very few buyers if he had to limit it to 65 because some muppet would get the wrong idea if he listed its top speed.

Perhaps its my upbringing. Perhaps its my nationality. But I find it completely normal to apply boundaries to how I would use an object based on the laws governing an area I would use it as WELL as its product description. Is that so odd? Is it so very odd to you to find that some items can not be used for their entire functionality at all times? Do people seriously think that no MMO which bans macros should ever run a promotion with a peripheral capable of them (or shock horror describe its capabilities)?

If this functions are not to be used in the game then yes they should not promote that part of the functions of that said item. Then they should not even mention it but they promoted this function and it should be allowed to be used in the game.They even pushed that promotion by offering a in-game crystal if u bought the one of the product with the razer color crystal. So would a person even buy this keyboard if they were told they could not use that function of the keyboard? No they would not buy the product.

And please stop with the car examples because if a cop sells you a car and tells you to speed in it and you get pulled over by that same cop it is entrapment even if a different cop pulls u over for speeding it could be consider entrapment.

then if a dealership sells u a car with the selling point of it goes 120mph and says u can so it all day long and a cop pulls u over it is not the dealership that is giving u the ticket it is a third party (the law)

SO AGAIN I REQUEST DEVS OR HIGHER HELP ON THIS ISSUE AND NOT A PLAYERS POINT OF VIEW ON THE PROBLEM .

Edited by enabe

ok jherad try this get a pic of mickey mouse doing something sexual with a president and see how far that goes (OH WAIT MICKEY MOUSE IS A COPY RIGHTED PRODUCT) so u cannot do that.

Ok so you say with the pic capt_beers provide that it is not misleading but (oh wait there the SWTOR LOGO right on it) razer would have to have permission to use it(because of copy right laws) and they would have to tell BW that it could be used to break some of their ToS and RoC. So when BW told Razer to go ahead and do this BW and Lucas Arts knew that the game could be macro So when Razer put on the box the swtor logo, BW had to buy off on what it said so when it say the "Razer drive software allows easy organization and absolute freedom to remap key binds, character abilities, and macros to keep you on top of your game.”

So yes this is misleading the consumers when there is no mention that macros are against the ToS or the RoC so being this is as capt_beers say a bait and switch BW would have to give everyone that bought these products a refund which I don’t think they will do because that could cost especially at $250 per a keyboard and $150 per a mouse and then all those people could go to the BBB and file a complaint or BW can just Change the ToS and RoC to allow macros period

Edited by enabe

Huh, nvm. Wow, they really need to get with Razer about the marketing of that keyboard LMAO .

From Amazon description:

Extreme Anti-Ghosting for Multi-Key Press Destruction

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Gaming Keyboard by Razer™ complete anti-ghosting of up to 10 key presses to let you further expand your repertoire of boss-killing, Flashpoint-destroying, and world-exploring macros and skills. With the ability to execute more than a single key command at one time, it’s an absolute competitive advantage for taking your game to the next level.

Edited by beattlebilly

Huh, nvm. Wow, they really need to get with Razer about the marketing of that keyboard LMAO .

From Amazon description:

This.

I am 100% upset by this thread. I am a huge SWTOR fan. I bought a SWTOR mouse and headset . I even bought the keyboard but returned it due to poor quality.

The mouse and keyboard have built in macro software. More-so the keyboard (with an ability to record macros while playing and Icons that come from swtor to label your macros)

To be honest I never did macros before, but today I decided to make one. Leveling a shadow i found it easy to map kinect ward to hit every-time I use project or telekentic throw. Smeone from my guild later said OI could get banned for such an action.

"No way! " I said "I am using what was advertised by SWTOR a product made for SWTOR" but surely he was right. I saw this thread and choked.

Macros have been going on forever in this gaming environment forever. If you did not want in in the game then perhaps you should not have had a SWTOR keyboard or mouse, which company claimed they worked closely with you to make it work well, record macros.

I defend BioWare a lot. But not on this. No matter what you say about how the mouse opr keyboard was advertised it is clear to all that they were meant for macros. An ability I could now be banned for. Come on BioWare please adjust this to allow the functionality of the razor synapis.

Edited by Dragonexadon

This thread has been thoroughly enjoyable to read. Here's my two cents on the subject...

1. Allowing macros in-game would require a macro programming language to be actually be present in the game engine, end-user accessible, and user-friendly to learn. As the HeroEngine is the core of SWTOR, and at least as of the time of SWTOR's design, test, and early release phases did NOT include anything end-user accessible nor user-friendly to learn, it would likely require something custom-written that would translate the end-user macro language into backend SWTOR developer tool language (likely including HeroScript or something akin to it). This is not something likely to be trivial.

2. The ONLY way macros could be entirely undetectable would be to use a mechanical keyboard that was isolated from the operating system. They DO exist, but are insanely impractical. As this scenario is likely to only occur in *EXTREME* ($$$$$$$$!!!) multi-boxing scenarios, software, interacting with the operating system through various function calls, will be running and in memory. Running processes and memory can be monitored, examined, forensically preserved, and logged. Don't think it can occur or is legal? Two words for 'ya: Blizzard. Warden. There is no reason BioWare can not do the same. And may have. Or may be thinking about it. That's how a lot of MMO engines are monitoring for hack's and exploits at the game client.

3. Someone at BioWare needs to have a chat with the Razer folks about their product marketing. It's basically advertised in a very direct manner telling us we can buy their Officially Licensed SWTOR product, play SWTOR, and violate SWTOR ToS. Consumer protection complaints might actually have real traction.

kinda surprised (not quite shocked) that BW is adamantly opposed to...macros. they're part and parcel with any mmorpg afaik. but whatever. not my game.

as for the respeccing thing, the problem isn't the macro. it's that they can respec mid-WZ in the first place.

:2cents:

kinda surprised (not quite shocked) that BW is adamantly opposed to...macros. they're part and parcel with any mmorpg afaik. but whatever. not my game.

as for the respeccing thing, the problem isn't the macro. it's that they can respec mid-WZ in the first place.

:2cents:

They didn't used to be opposed to it during SWTOR development, and I'm not entirely convinced they are now. Simply put, they bought the HeroEngine core game engine and server architecture and modified it to suit their purposes. Adding in and/or maintaining a macro language into an MMO is not a trivial undertaking. Other MMO's that have allowed a macro language tend to have been built with that macro language as part of their foundation; often, devs of those MMOs actually use a superset of that macro language to program the MMO... and the scripting language used for backend SWTOR, if its modified off of what comes with HE, is a true programming language, not suitable for end-users to learn and play with.

I was part of the original crowd that implored BioWare to build in LUA support. Unfortunately, there have been no surprises on the progress and results of that, so far.

gonna be honest, I only got the gist there. technicalities not so much. but we're talking about software, built into every mmo input device ever invented, being used to press one key and activate a string of commands. it's outside the parameters of coding (I realize you can actually macro inside of wow). not a big deal.

Whether or not macros, or peripherals that produce them, are allowed is kind of irrelevant when Bioware has no real way to prevent players from using them, and I don't believe that they have the technical competency to actually monitor and catch said players, considering that other players have used blatant hacks and exploits (200% speed hack that doubles your movement as well as your GCD rate / cooldown recharge speed, among others), FLAUNTED those exploits and hacks (go look up gingers) in BW's face, and they did nothing for months, and months, and months. You would have to stand outside of BW HQ with a giant sign that says "HEY MY ACCOUNT IS XXXXXXXXX AND I HACK, BAN ME" for half a year straight before they would even notice you.

Whether or not macros, or peripherals that produce them, are allowed is kind of irrelevant when Bioware has no real way to prevent players from using them, and I don't believe that they have the technical competency to actually monitor and catch said players, considering that other players have used blatant hacks and exploits (200% speed hack that doubles your movement as well as your GCD rate / cooldown recharge speed, among others), FLAUNTED those exploits and hacks (go look up gingers) in BW's face, and they did nothing for months, and months, and months. You would have to stand outside of BW HQ with a giant sign that says "HEY MY ACCOUNT IS XXXXXXXXX AND I HACK, BAN ME" for half a year straight before they would even notice you.

Well i can tell you for a fact that people that are using macros are getting a week ban from the game and a ban from the forums that according to the account will never be lifted but BW as you said does nothing to people when they are report by other player that they are speed hacking so i say that BW just needs to forget about the macros and look more in to the people that are speed hacking and also more into the gold farmers i get a tell at least 4 times a day from gold farmers and i report them every time and the next day they are back doing the same thing and they keep coming back lets get the gold farmers and the speed hackers out of the game before worring about the macros. Macros are a small thing that still has to go by game mechanics unless their is a speed hack to rest GCD faster which most people i know that run macros do not use so leave the macros in the game and get the people that are hacking the game.

• 4 months later...
Chiming in....

I'll be as clear as I can be.

Automation of the game in any way is against the ToS. This includes macro'ing in order to respec during Warzone matches.

Remapping keys on a keyboard (or Nostromo or Logitech) device so that one key press == one click or ability cast within the game is fine. Using a programmable keyboard or software macro so that one key press == multiple clicks or ability casts in the game is not.

Hopefully that doesn't leave room for 'interpretation'. If it does, ask a binary question and I'll give a yes/no :jawa_wink:

Could you please at least add all emotes to the keymap and give us the ability to put them into toolbars so we don't have to macro much-used emotes anymore?

Could you please at least add all emotes to the keymap and give us the ability to put them into toolbars so we don't have to macro much-used emotes anymore?

I record allot of WZs and will specifically send in proof of someone "spitting" on me if it happens as I die or when the player is still hitting on me. I believe in hard competition in everything I do, but sportsmanship is part of it. If I have the ability to reply to a knee jerk insult that they were too lazy to type out - they reap what they sow etc. I am pretty sure bioware is not going to ban them specifically for this one action, but where there smoke etc, and it is obvious they have access to and use macros (and a very liberal view of how their actions may affect others).

I do agree that one qwik key should enable the emotes an "emotes" window with assignable keys for the emotes. I do not want to have to fit the emotes into my general kwik keys (I am running out of space)

• 1 month later...
No, they really can't.

What programs people run on their computer is none of their business unless it meets one of the two criteria:

1. Modifies the Client.

2. Inputs into the Client.

Yeah, tell that to the company that made the game (Painbringer I think that was the name of the game, something like that). If you had software able to copy a DVD installed on your computer, even a trial or even if you uninstalled it (most programs don't fully uninstall intentionally to avoid you just uninstalling it then reinstalling the trial again when it runs out) and regardless if you would use it to illegally copy the game, their install program would just close, no warning or anything. The game just refused to install. No warning on the box or anything. While I never bought the game, I read about it in a Computer Gaming magazine, was an editorial about it because after talking to them for hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't install, they finally figured out that was the reason was that he once had a DVD Copy software installed on the computer and hadn't done a full drive format (or less sweeping but harder, figure out what files were left and manually delete them, which is very difficult because few companies name their files to keep you from just reinstalling their trials easily) to get rid of it entirely.

• 1 month later...

Sorry man, I gotta call bs on this......flat out it happens DAILY that I see ppl using very obvious macros and have found that reporting them does about as much good as reporting someone using an aimbot on Call of Duty. You, like them, put out this message that is meant to intimidate many into not cheating. It works on the good guys and ZERO of the hard core cheaters b/c they know you're bluffing. What's sad is that even the most obvious macros aren't caught at all, /spit, /laugh etc in the middle of a solo fight are quite obvious, yet your supposed "detection methods" don't catch them whatsoever. As someone else mentioned, the "inc snow" etc macros can be the only way a pug team could possibly situationally compete with a pre-made using voice like MANY do. Many of these problems would be solved by simply disallowing pre-mades on pvE servers. There's no reason for them to go to pvp servers the way it is and why would they when they can beat up on pvE players trying to dip their feet in and have a little fun.....the pvE players instead get owned by polished pvp pros hanging out on a pvE server running voice(vent, skype, etc) in their pre-made. This is a very obvious problem one can extrapolate from only a few weeks of pvP play. What good does banning macros do when you allow voice using pre-mades to face pugs?? Nothing, it encourages hardcore pvP'es to hide out on pvE servers where they'll face no real competition.

So a number of people have asked about text macros. A couple of others (even on reddit!) have mentioned 'colour detection to determine which action to take' systems. I even saw a questions about sequence clicking... I even saw claims that we can't detect anything and won't do a thing about this issue.

I'll address all four...

Text Macros

Strictly speaking, text macro's are against the ToS. If its for emotes etc and isn't being used as a way to advise others of an impending attack in a Warzone (inc snow! for example), then we will turn a blind eye to an extent. If you fire off emotes too many times in quick succession of course then you will get evaluated for if you are spamming.

One click 'enter chat, type 'inc snow!', hit enter' text macros designed to warn others is completely against the ToS. You need to make a decision - do I take the time to type 'inc snow' to the ops group, or do I just keep fighting this person... Think of it as an evaluation on if you are using a tool that gives you an unfair advantage over somebody not using that same tool.

Colour detection and evaluated action macros

The very act of determining a colour of a pixel on screen and as a result then using a specific action is one of the easy to understand examples of what we call automation. As soon as you have two things happening based on one key press, then its against the ToS.

Sequence clicking

If you have a system set up so that if you hit the same key 4 times likes so: '1, 1, 1, 1' and instead of just firing off whatever 1 is bound to it fires off '1, 2, 3, 4', then as long as you keep it to 'one key == one other key hit' its in that grey area of not true automation. There is a caveat - you can't have the macro determine a minimum time between clicks to work around the global cool down timing and only fire the next button in sequence if the GCD has expired.

If you instead have a system that when you hit 1, it fires of 1, 2, 3, 4 in quick succession or all at once (i.e. one click == many actions) in order to try and fire something that isn't currently in a cool down state then yes, that is against the ToS. Again, one click must always equal one action and only one action within the game.

Detection of abuse

There are many claims based on guesswork that we can't tell when a person is running automation for systems like field respeccing within seconds. Every time you interact with the server we log either the specific event or an aggregate of similar events firing multiple times. We can (and do!) look through those logs using analytic engines. If you want to know more about the concept, look up 'big data' in google - we strive to make all decisions on making changes to the game based on the data we have, and we have a lot of data.

We also use that data for game forensics - we may not react in a real-time manner for most things, but as people foolish enough to speedhack know, we can and do act based on irrefutable data.

Now, all that said, what are we going to be doing going forwards now that this issue is very much in the limelight?

Expect changes to the ability to field respec in Warzones. We were already working on this as part of some upcoming PvP updates (Bruce detailed some of that this week I believe), and we may bring the field respec changes forward - or we may just keep them where they are so to not impact the game update schedules and instead update our existing Warzone game forensic reporting to include inhumanly fast field respec events. Either way my advise if you are currently macroing within Warzones is to stop.

Sorry man, I gotta call bs on this......flat out it happens DAILY that I see ppl using very obvious macros and have found that reporting them does about as much good as reporting someone using an aimbot on Call of Duty. You, like them, put out this message that is meant to intimidate many into not cheating. It works on the good guys and ZERO of the hard core cheaters b/c they know you're bluffing. What's sad is that even the most obvious macros aren't caught at all, /spit, /laugh etc in the middle of a solo fight are quite obvious, yet your supposed "detection methods" don't catch them whatsoever. As someone else mentioned, the "inc snow" etc macros can be the only way a pug team could possibly situationally compete with a pre-made using voice like MANY do. Many of these problems would be solved by simply disallowing pre-mades on pvE servers. There's no reason for them to go to pvp servers the way it is and why would they when they can beat up on pvE players trying to dip their feet in and have a little fun.....the pvE players instead get owned by polished pvp pros hanging out on a pvE server running voice(vent, skype, etc) in their pre-made. This is a very obvious problem one can extrapolate from only a few weeks of pvP play. What good does banning macros do when you allow voice using pre-mades to face pugs?? Nothing, it encourages hardcore pvP'es to hide out on pvE servers where they'll face no real competition.

If you bothered to read what you quoted you would see that it says they turn a blind eye to emote macros. and typing inc snow is fine because that means you aren't being attacked. if you get opened on by stealth you have plenty of time while stunned to hit 4 keys.(enter,1s,enter)

Bottom line. Stop clicking and learn to key bind. basically. L2P.

The real problem macros are auto clicking in hutt ball and having an o **** button to pop all your def cd's at once. Although even these aren't a big deal.

Edited by Puissant