carnage

Carnage is without a doubt the best burst spec in the game as well as requires more skill then the other 2 alternatives for marauders, i wish i could trade my jugger for a marauder just to play this spec.

It seems like Deception may be better burst, but Carnage is still really good.

What gear do you have? I'm hitting for half that... I think I'm going to loose it if the pve gear is required to do well in pvp now

im in full partisan except i got one conqueor relic and main hand wep, i have full blue strength and power augments 763 bonus damage melee with a stim 17.5 crit fully buffed, make sure u have the partisan power relic and conqueor they can both proc at the same time and give u a really big hit

What up Bobby Steelz, as a fan of Wu, I love the legacy. As a Sent that has on occassion battled on opposite sides of the same field as you, I must say thats some impressive damage output there. I have gotten over 700k many times, but i havent gotten that close to a mil as combat since 2.0. (as focus I have of course)

I feel like Execute doesnt proc enough, are you saving your FS for Execute proc under Gore, or are you using FS w/ Execute on cd w/ or w/o Gore?

Carnage is without a doubt the best burst spec in the game as well as requires more skill then the other 2 alternatives for marauders, i wish i could trade my jugger for a marauder just to play this spec.

You are joking right? Carnage is extremely easy. People thought rage/focus was child's play, carnage even with 2.0 changes is still simple. I don't even get how you can claim its the most difficult when you're saying you are a juggernaut. I've played marauder since launch. Carnage is the spec most go when they fail at annihilation, and don't want to aoe bomb everything.

As far as it being the best burst spec in game you are somewhat correct on that. Although with the changes to crit in 2.0 and blood frenzy, the burst isn't as reliable anymore. That being said, their burst is also the easiest to counter in the game. People like to argue how they can cleanse annihilation dots. I can constantly proc those with spammables. So if you cleanse, i'll put more on you and you have 6 seconds before you can get another cleanse meanwhile I'm spamming annihilate and vicious slash to proc more dots, with deadly saber thrown into the mix.

A carnage marauder on the other hand? Gore + Ravage? Pacify/Stun/Evade/Stealth/any other defensive cooldown. You're locked out for 30s on that. Berserk + gore + massacre? Pacify/Stun/Evade/Stealth/any other defnsive cooldown. You'll need to build up 30 more fury again or hope frenzy is off cd. The only thing you can really count on is proccing execute or slaughter, as most haven't gotten used to those yet. Basically if you're fighting competent players as a carnage/combat specced dual wielder, don't expect to be doing much. The only reason to really use this spec is if you know you're fighting bads, or in huttball for the roots/improved trans.

challenging to play but it can be done http://imgur.com/EUahZOj

You have 4 Healers with 600k+ heals and 2 in the 900's in a long voidstar.... (either on your side or the other team, doesnt matter really cause overall dmg will increase the longer players stay alive)

Any dps that cant pull that with those kind of heals should be riding a bus that is short in nature.

Edited by Sinatore

You are joking right? Carnage is extremely easy. People thought rage/focus was child's play, carnage even with 2.0 changes is still simple. I don't even get how you can claim its the most difficult when you're saying you are a juggernaut. I've played marauder since launch. Carnage is the spec most go when they fail at annihilation, and don't want to aoe bomb everything.

As far as it being the best burst spec in game you are somewhat correct on that. Although with the changes to crit in 2.0 and blood frenzy, the burst isn't as reliable anymore. That being said, their burst is also the easiest to counter in the game. People like to argue how they can cleanse annihilation dots. I can constantly proc those with spammables. So if you cleanse, i'll put more on you and you have 6 seconds before you can get another cleanse meanwhile I'm spamming annihilate and vicious slash to proc more dots, with deadly saber thrown into the mix.

A carnage marauder on the other hand? Gore + Ravage? Pacify/Stun/Evade/Stealth/any other defensive cooldown. You're locked out for 30s on that. Berserk + gore + massacre? Pacify/Stun/Evade/Stealth/any other defnsive cooldown. You'll need to build up 30 more fury again or hope frenzy is off cd. The only thing you can really count on is proccing execute or slaughter, as most haven't gotten used to those yet. Basically if you're fighting competent players as a carnage/combat specced dual wielder, don't expect to be doing much. The only reason to really use this spec is if you know you're fighting bads, or in huttball for the roots/improved trans.

O k i have a sentinel (who is now retired because i got bored with her - http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w596/Shaokia/swtor2013-05-0419-56-40-73_zpsbd30fc58.png ) and imho Combat was always harder to play then the other 2 specs (mainly because i played it while bubble stuns were in the game) because its main weakness was cc and lets face it when bubble stuns weren't breakable on damage in the game that's all you had. Then again i can't really judge because I'm not 55 yet on her.

Edited by PowerReaper

That's not difficulty though. That susceptibility to burst lockout, which is what I mentioned above. If you claim mass cc made a class difficult, that would be essentially any melee who was affected by bubblestuns. Carnage is so easy to play you can jump right into the spec after 1-2 months break from the game and still do well, dps and survivability wise since the rotation/priorities are straightforward.

You have 4 Healers with 600k+ heals and 2 in the 900's in a long voidstar.... (either on your side or the other team, doesnt matter really cause overall dmg will increase the longer players stay alive)

Any dps that cant pull that with those kind of heals should be riding a bus that is short in nature.

shut up

What up Bobby Steelz, as a fan of Wu, I love the legacy. As a Sent that has on occassion battled on opposite sides of the same field as you, I must say thats some impressive damage output there. I have gotten over 700k many times, but i havent gotten that close to a mil as combat since 2.0. (as focus I have of course)

I feel like Execute doesnt proc enough, are you saving your FS for Execute proc under Gore, or are you using FS w/ Execute on cd w/ or w/o Gore?

uhm the rotation is random it all depends on what procs, like if i gore ravage and execute procs i use scream, if that doesnt proc but slaughter does i use viscious throw after ravage and if nothing procs ill use dual saber throw, o ya gore dual saber throw on multiple targets rapes lol

Politeassasin still trying to convince people Anni is hard lol. Nice numbers BobbyD. Glad to see you trying out the underdog spec. The gore-double saber throw is quite fun I agree.

I don't need to convince anyone, all you have to do is look at the numerous players who struggle to survive or take down a dps or healer with anni. The op is one of them by his own admission, and as mentioned above has chosen an easier spec because he couldn't get anni to work for him. Carnage is as fotm as rage, not sure underdog is the right term for the spec. ;) And I'm flattered that you recognize me. Wish I could say the same of you.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I don't need to convince anyone, all you have to do is look at the numerous players who struggle to survive or take down a dps or healer with anni. The op is one of them by his own admission, and as mentioned above has chosen an easier spec because he couldn't get anni to work for him. Carnage is as fotm as rage, not sure underdog is the right term for the spec. ;) And I'm flattered that you recognize me. Wish I could say the same of you.

what are you talking about? i can play annihilation very well but it sucks it puts up big numbers but theres no burst i play it in regs sometimes when im bored but in ranked the healers are gonna laugh at you lol http://imgur.com/sXrGu5w

Edited by BobyDigital

:cool:

what are you talking about? i can play annihilation very well but it sucks it puts up big numbers but theres no burst i play it in regs sometimes when im bored but in ranked the healers are gonna laugh at you lol http://imgur.com/sXrGu5w

Anni doesn't suck. And we're not talking about ranked here. (Carnage burst isn't even good enough in ranked due to its vulnerability to cc. Rage is still the only viable option) Coordinating cleanses between multiple healers is not something you see in regs, and you won't find 1 healer capable of cleansing enough dots alone given the amount of procs. Individually they'll have to wait 6 seconds between each dispel, by then rupture will have procced already. They can go ahead and laugh from the respawn room, because they'll be spending most of their time there.

Looking at your screenshot your issue with it not being "bursty" seems to be gear. Or skill, but I haven't seen you play so ill assume its gear for now. I'm assuming (and hoping) that that was at least an annihilate you for that 6800 on. Thing is, pre 2.0 I was averaging 63-6400 on my annihilate/merciless slash. 2.0 I'm hitting around 8-9k. Considering the extra stack of annihilator, that's not bad given that its near spammable at this stage when your maxed on stacks. You claim to be struggling to get a kill, then either its your skill level, or your gear. The spec certainly does not suck and is still arguably one of the best when played right. (Something most anni users can't seem to do which gives off the impression that its a bad spec). So rather than claiming the spec sucks, be honest and just admit that you're not good at it. It gets old when people whine about classes/specs blaming their troubles on it, and then time and time again others show those claims to be completely false.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'm just back in the game and always played Annihilation. But it seems the spec is no more appreciate... I tied Carnage for a change but I do not manage do properly manage the procs. Is there any change you make in the interface to see the more easily? Personaly, with so small indications for buffs/debuffs/procs, I have the bad impression of playing ramdomly pushing buttons lol

:cool:

Anni doesn't suck. And we're not talking about ranked here. (Carnage burst isn't even good enough in ranked due to its vulnerability to cc. Rage is still the only viable option) Coordinating cleanses between multiple healers is not something you see in regs, and you won't find 1 healer capable of cleansing enough dots alone given the amount of procs. Individually they'll have to wait 6 seconds between each dispel, by then rupture will have procced already. They can go ahead and laugh from the respawn room, because they'll be spending most of their time there.

Looking at your screenshot your issue with it not being "bursty" seems to be gear. Or skill, but I haven't seen you play so ill assume its gear for now. I'm assuming (and hoping) that that was at least an annihilate you for that 6800 on. Thing is, pre 2.0 I was averaging 63-6400 on my annihilate/merciless slash. 2.0 I'm hitting around 8-9k. Considering the extra stack of annihilator, that's not bad given that its near spammable at this stage when your maxed on stacks. You claim to be struggling to get a kill, then either its your skill level, or your gear. The spec certainly does not suck and is still arguably one of the best when played right. (Something most anni users can't seem to do which gives off the impression that its a bad spec). So rather than claiming the spec sucks, be honest and just admit that you're not good at it. It gets old when people whine about classes/specs blaming their troubles on it, and then time and time again others show those claims to be completely false.

bla bla bla blaaaaaaa wall of text bla bla blaaaaaaa, lol how often u gettin thoes annihilates at 9k? at 17.6 crit i hardly ever crit on it lol but i get 9k screams as carnage all the time, and ive had a gore vicious throw hit for 10.7k

bla bla bla blaaaaaaa wall of text bla bla blaaaaaaa, lol how often u gettin thoes annihilates at 9k? at 17.6 crit i hardly ever crit on it lol but i get 9k screams as carnage all the time, and ive had a gore vicious throw hit for 10.7k

Oh snap, break out the cookies and hand this man a medal!