Respect Revan

MasterMe

Probably. And I do understand where you are coming from. I used to be a HUGE Revan fanboy. Much bigger than you. And my brother is still a Revan fanboy. So I understand and relate to your argument. One of the reasons I was so aggressive was because I have been in so many Revan debates that I had gotten kinda annoyed. Which lead to my blunt posts. Sorry if I came off as rude or anything. If anymore discussions on Revan come up, I'll do my best to post modestly.

I think I can step out of this thread with a clear head now lol. :)

Sounds good. I know I'm guilty of getting really pissed and out of line here on this thread, especially with my initial post.

I now understand that Revan is talked about a TON here, and I understand why people just don't want to hear anything about him (this isn't directed at you).

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. I know I'm guilty of getting really pissed and out of line here on this thread, especially with my initial post.

I now understand that Revan is talked about a TON here, and I understand why people just don't want to hear anything about him (this isn't directed at you).

It happens to everyone at some point.

Revan's become somewhat of a controversial character on this forum. There are the Revanites* who completely misunderstand who Revan is and try to make him something that he's not. And then there are those who try to clear up these misconceptions and get labeled "hater". Very controversial character and its best to avoid such topics. I had made a Revan thread quite some time ago and it had "mixed" reviews. Some liked it, others hated it, but I tried to present the facts as best I could.

*I don't know which category of Revanite you fall in as there are moderate Revanites and extreme Revanites.

Revan's become somewhat of a controversial character on this forum. There are the Revanites* who completely misunderstand who Revan is and try to make him something that he's not. And then there are those who try to clear up these misconceptions and get labeled "hater". Very controversial character and its best to avoid such topics. I had made a Revan thread quite some time ago and it had "mixed" reviews. Some liked it, others hated it, but I tried to present the facts as best I could.

*I don't know which category of Revanite you fall in as there are moderate Revanites and extreme Revanites.

Yeah it really is too bad Revan has become such a controversial topic. I know this is often due to guys like me making rash posts (for the record I still stand by what I've said, I just wish I'd said it differently).

I would definately call myself a moderate Revanite. I would like to know what your definition of a Revanite is though. Just curious, I'm not about to get into another debate.

Yeah it really is too bad Revan has become such a controversial topic. I know this is often due to guys like me making rash posts (for the record I still stand by what I've said, I just wish I'd said it differently).

I would definately call myself a moderate Revanite. I would like to know what your definition of a Revanite is though. Just curious, I'm not about to get into another debate.

Revanite's range from guys that really like the character, but don't go overboard on fanaticism. Or Revanites (the worst kind) that think that anything Revan does is automatically awesome and that he's the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm sure you could have worded your OP differently, but it doesn't really matter anymore. It's been a few weeks so it wouldn't make a difference, as most people have probably read everything and given their two creds.

So, according to you, there are only people who thinks Revan is a GOD that's unbeatable, and then there's you who's right? You seem kinda arrogant and hate-ish in your posts above.

So, according to you, there are only people who thinks Revan is a GOD that's unbeatable, and then there's you who's right? You seem kinda arrogant and hate-ish in your posts above.

Yup! You saw right through my ploy! I'm always right and everyone is wrong! :D

^If you believe that I have a ranch I can sell ya! :D

In all seriousness, the next post I made follows up where I say that Revanites range from fanatics to real Revanites. You kinda twisted my words there.

I'm going to ignore the tone you were speaking in...

Maybe I came off too strongly so let me get my actual point across. Through comparison of Yoda or Mundi's abilities to Revan's abilities, I have come to the conclusion that Revan would lose. I'm not talking semantics here, I'm talking about their canon abilities. Yes, Revan has done great things with his abilities, but in the words of Yoda "Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else. which is not what you have been saying, but I'm just putting it out there.

Maybe I shouldn't have stated it as fact, but to tell the truth, these Revan debates really annoy me. But I will say that comparing prime Revan versus Prime Yoda or Prime Mundi, the edge lies with Yoda and Mundi. Now that isn't to say that Revan doesn't have a chance. Revan's real, and probably only, advantage here is his ability to hide his presence in the Force, which would allow a sneak attack. This does not guarantee himself victory as both Yoda and Mundi have ways of countering such an attack. Yoda has some of the greatest precognitive and Farsight abilities ever seen, and Mundi has advanced (even for a Jedi) reflexes. Which is one of the reasons he was able to defend himself for a short time against the clones.

Was that a good enough analysis for you? I'm trying to form a bridge between us so we can find a compromise.

I think you are talking about Revan as if he stayed in the kotor area and didn't learned a thing until then.

Have you ever readed the Revan novel? If the answer is yes, then in my opinion you think that Revan couldn't even beat the Emperor.Do you ever think about, what happend with him before he confronted with the Emperor? I tell you: He lived mostly on drugs for 3 years, in a prisonand rested a night without them before the figth. But even this state he managed to use the force after a while. When he got his mask back and his memories returned,

the sith lord knowledge/jedi masters teachings his power instantly increased tenfold, and beated a dark council member without useing a lightsaber (he stoped the purple force lightning with bare hands and pulled it back to the sith lord, just like Yoda)

-that dark council member that meetra surik+lord scourge at the same time, couldn't defeat - (and some of the fans still thinks that Meetra stronger then Revan, LoLz)

Think about it a little... if Revan gained this level of force power just from knowledge, how much more could he learned from the Emperor in his 300 years.

Why do you think that Revan have only 1 advantage aganst Yoda/Mundi? -"Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else.-You're absollutely right...but I think you missunderstoodthe meanings of slaughter and challenge/rivals/fight...I think I don't have to explain what's the difference is... I hope. Yoda and the every other Jedi slaughtered tons of droids, while Revan and everyone else in the ToR-area fight aganst "tons" of sith lords, troopers and droids. (Think about the experience difference between the two wars)... If someone want to argue with this more, I could wrote a book from this..but because no one will pay me for this kind of work, (at least not like this) I'm not going to wrote more...

Before you missunderstand me, I'm not saying that Yoda week, or Revan could beat the cr*p out of Yoda and Mundi at the same time. I'm saying that Revan vs Yoda absolutly not sure what's the outcome of their figth (an other advantage to Revan: He is bigger), the force not makes difference between the centuries, and gives less force power the older people like Revan and give more powerto the younger like Yoda. If someone says in this books/films that person is strong in the force... they mean in it, they really are. There was a time where we all thought that there were only 3 force user, who could beat Vader (Sidious,Obi,Luke) until the SW:TFU came out and with this I wanted to say that, if someone want a star wars charakter make stronger or weeker they just have to write a book... and the canon changed again. Just for example, there was a time where Revan's gender wasn't sure for some people...

As for my Top strongest force users+light saber users list look like this:

1.Luke

2.Revan/Mace Windu

3.Sidious

4.Yoda

5.Obi-Wan/Starkiller

!!! And this list not the "who could have beat who" list... here I think any one could beat any one, it's just the matter of enviroment,state of mind and etc...!!!

(Vader somewhere at the end of the top 20... just because he was the chosen one, it doesn't mean he is the strongest one.

Even Darth Maul is better then him, I think he was the best apprentice of Sidious)

Edited by pbajnokl

That's kinda unfair. He could have worded it differently, but I'd be careful to use the word hate.

I think you are talking about Revan as if he stayed in the kotor area and didn't learned a thing until then.

Have you ever readed the Revan novel? If the answer is yes, then in my opinion you think that Revan couldn't even beat the Emperor.Do you ever think about, what happend with him before he confronted with the Emperor? I tell you: He lived mostly on drugs for 3 years, in a prisonand rested a night without them before the figth. But even this state he managed to use the force after a while. When he got his mask back and his memories returned,

the sith lord knowledge/jedi masters teachings his power instantly increased tenfold, and beated a dark council member without useing a lightsaber (he stoped the purple force lightning with bare hands and pulled it back to the sith lord, just like Yoda)

-that dark council member that meetra surik+lord scourge at the same time, couldn't defeat - (and some of the fans still thinks that Meetra stronger then Revan, LoLz)

Think about it a little... if Revan gained this level of force power just from knowledge, how much more could he learned from the Emperor in his 300 years.

Why do you think that Revan have only 1 advantage aganst Yoda/Mundi? -"Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else.-You're absollutely right...but I think you missunderstoodthe meanings of slaughter and challenge/rivals/fight...I think I don't have to explain what's the difference is... I hope. Yoda and the every other Jedi slaughtered tons of droids, while Revan and everyone else in the ToR-area fight aganst "tons" of sith lords, troopers and droids. (Think about the experience difference between the two wars)... If someone want to argue with this more, I could wrote a book from this..but because no one will pay me for this kind of work, (at least not like this) I'm not going to wrote more...

Before you missunderstand me, I'm not saying that Yoda week, or Revan could beat the cr*p out of Yoda and Mundi at the same time. I'm saying that Revan vs Yoda absolutly not sure what's the outcome of their figth (an other advantage to Revan: He is bigger), the force not makes difference between the centuries, and gives less force power the older people like Revan and give more powerto the younger like Yoda. If someone says in this books/films that person is strong in the force... they mean in it, they really are. There was a time where we all thought that there were only 3 force user, who could beat Vader (Sidious,Obi,Luke) until the SW:TFU came out and with this I wanted to say that, if someone want a star wars charakter make stronger or weeker they just have to write a book... and the canon changed again. Just for example, there was a time where Revan's gender wasn't sure for some people...

As for my Top strongest force users+light saber users list look like this:

1.Luke

2.Revan/Mace Windu

3.Sidious

4.Yoda

5.Obi-Wan/Starkiller

!!! And this list not the "who could have beat who" list... here I think any one could beat any one, it's just the matter of enviroment,state of mind and etc...!!!

(Vader somewhere at the end of the top 20... just because he was the chosen one, it doesn't mean he is the strongest one.

Even Darth Maul is better then him, I think he was the best apprentice of Sidious)

Okay, you've made a good point. But me and Aurbere just wrapped up our argument soooooo nicely. Let's quit that argument. I'm not saying "everybody quit posting here", I'm just saying that I think it'd be best to leave Aurbere alone.

Okay, you've made a good point. But me and Aurbere just wrapped up our argument soooooo nicely. Let's quit that argument. I'm not saying "everybody quit posting here", I'm just saying that I think it'd be best to leave Aurbere alone.

I think that might be for the best. I've posted in this thread from the beginning (some 50-100 posts or something), which has given me the time to give my opinion. Which I have so I'm gonna leave it as it is.

Said it before, I know. :)

Would you lot please take this to some form of personal message, this isn't debating the topic, this is taking sly jabs at each other and it's rather childish.

Yeah, everything's gotten a bit off topic, but I don't know what you meant by "sly jabs." I think you're in the wrong to call us childish.

pbajnokl gave very good arguments.

Revan is one of the unique characters that have mastered both dark and light side, that's a fact. He was the best jedi of his time, became the dark lord of the sith, and later the best jedi again. Just to remember that the Old Republic times was full of jedi;sith always fighting each others, wich means that beeing the best of them is a very great deal !!

He had a lot of knowledge about the force, he is one of the rare force users that could absorb or redirect force llightning (like yoda). All his powers can be seen in wookieepedia.

"Several millennia later, this holocron was discovered by Darth Bane, who noted that Revan's knowledge of Sith Lore was greater than the entire information contained in the archives of the Sith Academy in Korriban in his time."

BUT, i know that he's not the most powerful force user ever. As i don't take the words of GL so seriously i think a rank would be

1-Darth Sidious/Luke : i think sidious is more powerfull, and it's stated that he has mastered almost every force power ever! This is just because of the comics and novels released after the movies.

2-yoda/windu/revan/a lot of other jedi and siths

As i said, George Lucas could simply say "Darth maul was the most powerfull force user". It doesn't matter if he's the creator of the story, he should base his statement in some facts. In the case of luke and sidious those facts are showed in comic books wasn't even wroted by GL., but they are very strange since Sidious was killed by vader throwing him in a pit !! He didn't even stabed with a lightsaber from his back. Sidious had plenty of time and actually, should have foreseen what would happen, if he's that powerfull. And luke only started training with like 18 years, in a galaxy without much siths or jedis to train. So the statements are a bit controversial.

if we only consider the movies, i would say that revan could go 1 on 1 with any of them and even beat them...

Also, the main reason Revan is on of my favorite characters is his other abilities, like leadership, very good engineering skills (made HK-47) and that he doesn't follow any rules. He's a jedi that have a wife and a kid and do whatever he wants!!

pbajnokl gave very good arguments.

Revan is one of the unique characters that have mastered both dark and light side, that's a fact. !!

No he didn't, that is literally impossible to do. A jedi master tried doing so, and he ended up destroying himself.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What do you mean beat Lucas? I never said Drew's novel was good (although I did enjoy it). The fact is, Drew's book got published and thus it should be reckonized as Star Wars fact, regardless of what you think about his writing.

I love Revan, she was a sexy Asian chick. But if we take everything Star Wars as fact, it'd be the worst IP....ever. Hell, I don't even consider the prequels canon. It's really all a matter of opinion on things like this.

No he didn't, that is literally impossible to do. A jedi master tried doing so, and he ended up destroying himself.

It's obviously not impossible, becausue Revan did it. Staar Wars "lore", is laughable at best. It constantly contradicts itself, things are just pulled out of people's asses. It's just easier, andd better to pick and choose what's canon.

Edited by Darth_Urtani

Yes, he did. Other like kyle katarn and luke have done that too, but they didn't mastered both as much as revan. Luke only stay in the dark side for a while

George lucas himself said you can't master both the light and the dark.

Edited by lokdron

It's obviously not impossible, becausue Revan did it. Staar Wars "lore", is laughable at best. It constantly contradicts itself, things are just pulled out of people's asses. It's just easier, andd better to pick and choose what's canon.

Then show where, it says that Revan did? Because so far, all points say that its impossible to do so.

Dude, just shut up already. It's canon that Revan is a male and was never both dark-side and light-side at the same time. Canon isn't opinion, it's fact, you don't dictate or decide what is or isn't canon.

Lol dude... if u say canon is fact then u should accept that revan could use the light and dark side at the same time, no one said he mastered it...yet, beside this ur absolutelly right. But as I already said and others too... canon can change. That's why this- http://www.starwars.com/watch/ghostsofmortis_commentary.html -isn't canon... yet. :p

Lol dude... if u say canon is fact then u should accept that revan could use the light and dark side at the same time, no one said he mastered it...yet, beside this ur absolutelly right. But as I already said and others too... canon can change. That's why this- http://www.starwars.com/watch/ghostsofmortis_commentary.html -isn't canon... yet. :p

wow dident know that Revan and Bane almost mafe it into clonewars by george lucas himself.

That must have made Drew happy.

1.He was a big fish in a small pond.

2.He got all of his tactics from the mandalorians and the Sith way of doing things, he used his number of Jedi and greater army of troops to overwhelm them, not all that impressive when you really consider it.

3.You said it yourself, he was retrained into the Light Side, his new identity, the old one still had all of his previous power, Kreia also said the Exile was her greatest student and all modern day Jedi are nothing compared to the ancients, Jolee Bindo also stated that Revan and Malak were basically Sith wannabes compared to Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma.

4.It's against G-canon, get to grips with that and move on, Drew's attempts to make his baby the next best thing to the Chosen One failed, he can't beat Lucas or Chee, simple, hence we know that he achieved oneness with the force, due to the description being pretty much exactly the same to the description gave for when Jacen Solo achieved oneness with the force.

Now what does Revan have that poses a significant threat to Vader, Bane or Kun? exactly, what does Vader, Bane and Kun have that would pose a serious threat to Revan? a hell of a lot.

You are actually going off what Jolee Bindo has to say about the history of the Sith Empire? Really?

Revan and Malak were hardly pushovers. But to say Revan was one of the strongest, well no, I don't think so. He wasn't even the strongest Jedi or Sith of his time. As a Sith, he was controlled by The Emperor, and as a Jedi, all he did was kill Malak. Nothing amazing.

I do like Revan though, but then we all do, and that's probably because we played as him and got emotionally attached.

For me, Bane wins that fight out of Kun, Vader Bane and Revan.

Edited by BlueArab