Vote Kicking in Group Finder Flashpoints, Make it 3 votes

I have only been vote kicked once on LI, we had wiped on the first boss due to the fact that the healer was dps' in.

His excuse was I was under geared, with full BH.

On the way back I pulled a mod causing the second wip, and it was bye, bye for messing about.

My m8 was left in the group and reported to me that after an hour of abusing my replacement they rage quit, wasting everyone's time.

The very next day I was invited to tank EC, when I joined the ops group yours truly was in it, so I simple declined the offer explaining that I simply did not wish to play with this person. Moments later I was re-invited to find that this person had left of his own accord, never to be seen again. Although being kicked was an unpleasant experience, my next encounter made my day :)

What you always have to remember is that not everyone is the same, if you find you are unfairly kicked or someone in your group has abused the vote kick system then simply remember that persons name and don't play with them again.

I think that the vote kick system as it is works fine and is needed for legit reasons. What I do think is needed if it has not already been implemented is, an ignore system similar to the ignore chat system, which will in turn exclude you from being grouped via the group finder with people you do not wish to play with.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the vote kick system as it is works fine and is needed for legit reasons. What I do think is needed if it has not already been implemented is, an ignore system similar to the ignore chat system, which will in turn exclude you from being grouped via the group finder with people you do not wish to play with.

If someone is on your chat ignore list, you will not be matched with them via Group Finder.

I've had this happen once. Personally, I don't care how many votes it needs. I see someone vote to kick me from a group i just leave the group, their loss. I don't want to be in a group with people that don't want me in it. I just wish there was a mode where you could watch them play the rest of the instance just so you can laugh when the group's performance is the same or worse then when you were in it. Maybe video capture it and put it on youtube... That would be great.

I've had this happen once. Personally, I don't care how many votes it needs. I see someone vote to kick me from a group i just leave the group, their loss. I don't want to be in a group with people that don't want me in it. I just wish there was a mode where you could watch them play the rest of the instance just so you can laugh when the group's performance is the same or worse then when you were in it. Maybe video capture it and put it on youtube... That would be great.

I think you're onto something there. Once a vote kick has been initiated, if it isn't passed it will result in a horrible group dynamic. Perhaps make it that if you're vote kick isn't passed you are kicked.

Anyway, I thought it was 3 votes until I read this because I've never seen it abused. Probably helps that I only queue tank/heals. Only vote kick I've seen was for a DPS that pulled before the tank, had silver fever, repeatedly broke CC and then loot ninjaed the tanks drop.

I've only had experience with vote-kicking a few times, all of them due to disconnects. After waiting at least five minutes, usually closer to ten, if the person didn't re-connect, we kicked them. Once, the kicked party was me, and I supported the vote, no hard feelings. My computer was acting up badly enough that I would have left the group anyway so I didn't lag out in the middle of a boss.

There was one time we didn't kick, but I wished we had. It was a four-man heroic, and we wiped about four times before we got past the first two mobs. Eventually everyone got frustrated and the group broke up, but after it did, I looked at everyone's icons again, and it turns out our "tank" was actually a sentinel who said he was a tank. :confused:

I do agree that it should be moved to three votes. It makes the system harder to abuse. If the person is bad enough that you can't stand to play with them anymore, and the other two won't agree to kick them, than you can quit the group yourself and /ignore the offending parties.