HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting line "You will be able to recruit them into your party" - wonder what that will mean in reality...

We shall see, but I am hoping it is for more than just that mission!

Barumar

They're a confirmed full fledged companion character.

Didn't know Belsavis was icy.

I hope this lives up to the hype cause I get a bad feeling with everything required to get HK and the lack of any future class story or the like that he will end up a mute DPS companion who has arrived too late with no real role once you have collected him.

I hope this lives up to the hype cause I get a bad feeling with everything required to get HK and the lack of any future class story or the like that he will end up a mute DPS companion who has arrived too late with no real role once you have collected him.

Do eternity vault and tell me its not icy :p

And yeh, ikr, i levelled my sorcerer because they said you need at least one mid level character from the opposite faction to your main....

Can't wait.... I wonder if he will say "meatbag" like the original HK-47 which the 51 was based off of did. Cause if 51 does then that will be extremely epic

Sadly, I would not expect it.

The "Meatbag" phrases were exclusive to HK-47, as it was a personality quirk or something. So I do not expect HK-51 to use that phrase.

I hope they post it on Youtube or some place I can never view videos posted on Biowares site. I need to pause it to view it, but if I pause it the download stops. If I let it run to the end and I try to rewind it. Then its all choppy again from buffering.:mad:

Just seen the trailer, In kotor 2 the HK Factory was on Telos but Bioware says its on Belsalvis. So that means there are multiple factories then? Sweet. :rak_03:

The Belsalvis thing took me by surprise as well. I figured the 51's were on Hoth. And I'm not sure if this is a factory, or they are all on a ship. Who knows? One thing that I'm sad about. The HK-51's in KotOR 2 had icy blue eyes. Eh, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

I don't think he's going to be a mute companion. Check at about 3:26 in this video. (http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/%E2%80%9Cyour-saga-begins%E2%80%9D-launch-documentary) It's the same VO actor who voiced HK-47 in KotOR 1, 2 and TOR. It sounds like he's doing lines for HK-51.

what's so special about this guy anyways?

Clearly you've never played KOTOR 1 or KOTOR 2. For any KOTOR fan this update will be the best one yet.

HK-47 is one of the best characters in gaming, so if HK-51 has at least 1/4 of HK-47's personality it's gonna be amazing.

Edited by Aelther

Sadly, I would not expect it.

The "Meatbag" phrases were exclusive to HK-47, as it was a personality quirk or something. So I do not expect HK-51 to use that phrase.

HK-47 called Malek a meatbag once. Revan thought it was hilarious and told HK-47 to continue calling all organics meatbags.

Edited by irishfino

In KOTOR it was HK-47.. who makes a few guest appearances in SWTOR.

In KOTOR 2 it was HK-50, the model that was intent on killing you every planet you visited, and of course HK-47 made a reappearance.

Now in The Old Republic, we have HK-51 who is looking shiny as ever :) They did say in the video they were found in a ship wreck on Belsavis, no driod factory.

I am really looking forward to this update!

Edited by Seraphynn

The Belsalvis thing took me by surprise as well. I figured the 51's were on Hoth. And I'm not sure if this is a factory, or they are all on a ship. Who knows? One thing that I'm sad about. The HK-51's in KotOR 2 had icy blue eyes. Eh, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

There were no hk-51' in tsl. There were hk-50's with silver colour and blue eyes. If you played the hk factory restoration mod there was stuff about a new series of hk droids that was going to be made. I also belive GOTO was involved in something ...man it was so long ago i played that. But something like this. There were no hk-51s in kotor2.

There were no hk-51' in tsl. There were hk-50's with silver colour and blue eyes. If you played the hk factory restoration mod there was stuff about a new series of hk droids that was going to be made. I also belive GOTO was involved in something ...man it was so long ago i played that. But something like this. There were no hk-51s in kotor2.

HK-51s were supposed to be in TSL. If you play TSL with the restoration mod (a better [non official] version of the game, using Voice Over elements that were left on the disc, but not in the game), you would see the HK-51s.