Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Unlocking different races for classes

ValaxDarkseer

lets focus on how the Legacy system will allow you to unlock races for classes you couldnt before!

Think about this for a second.....you will be able to play a race (ex. Sith) that was locked out for a class (ex. Bounty Hunter) so you can reroll a new alt and level him up!!!

Hurray? Why not just allow all the races to play as every class from the start because in essence ITS THE SAME THING . This is like selling someone a car without a roof and then saying that once you drive 50,000 miles we will throw in the roof it should have came with. Gee thanks? This isnt a feature. They didnt add anything to the game at all. Sad

Who said it would be the same story wise? Could be different now they are mixing up races in the way NPCs would react to your character and what not.

Uh..probably because that doesnt happen now? There is no story difference between a Human Marauder and a Sith one. None at all. So why would a Chiss Marauder suddenly get all these cool new storylines? *hint hint they wont*

You are just making up a feature which isnt going to exist to make this poop sandwich sound more palatable. :rolleyes:

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

This is like selling someone a car without a roof and then saying that once you drive 50,000 miles we will throw in the roof it should have came with.

Bad analogy. The roof thing is a significant thing. Better...

You buy a car where you can manually roll down the windows. After driving 50,000 miles they install an automatic windows button.

Playing a different species/class combination has no impact on play, it does not NEED to be in the game.

lets focus on how the Legacy system will allow you to unlock races for classes you couldnt before!

Think about this for a second.....you will be able to play a race (ex. Sith) that was locked out for a class (ex. Bounty Hunter) so you can reroll a new alt and level him up!!!

Hurray? Why not just allow all the races to play as every class from the start because in essence ITS THE SAME THING . This is like selling someone a car without a roof and then saying that once you drive 50,000 miles we will throw in the roof it should have came with. Gee thanks? This isnt a feature. They didnt add anything to the game at all. Sad

Let's not, it's useless...

The bioware devs are failures and this game is fked.

For immersion purposes, some races will only be some classes. For example, the Miraluka are Force-sensitive to a man and were subjected to a sort of genocide by Darth Nihilus, a Sith. It makes sense, then, that they'd only be Force-wielders for the Republic. The Chiss keep themselves hidden from most of the galaxy but have allied with the Empire, so they are an Imperial-only class. The Sith Purebloods, of course are Imperial Force users. Maybe you don't care about the lore, but this IS a Star Wars game.

Now what do I think? I think that the Voss should be unlockable via legacy. I think that upon reaching 50 with a Human or Zabrak character, you should unlock both Imperial and Republic looks for those races for either side. I think that it would be nice for me to be able to roll a Chiss Trooper without having to play as Imp scum, but ah well.

Uh..probably because that doesnt happen now? There is no story difference between a Human Marauder and a Sith one. None at all. So why would a Chiss Marauder suddenly get all these cool new storylines? *hint hint they wont*

You are just making up a feature which isnt going to exist to make this poop sandwich sound more palatable. :rolleyes:

wrong. there's a difference right off the bat. you get different dialogue with the "pure blood" in the sith academy. not a big story difference, but there is a difference just the same.

Edited by iceperson

For immersion purposes, some races will only be some classes. For example, the Miraluka are Force-sensitive to a man and were subjected to a sort of genocide by Darth Nihilus, a Sith. It makes sense, then, that they'd only be Force-wielders for the Republic. The Chiss keep themselves hidden from most of the galaxy but have allied with the Empire, so they are an Imperial-only class. The Sith Purebloods, of course are Imperial Force users. Maybe you don't care about the lore, but this IS a Star Wars game.

Now what do I think? I think that the Voss should be unlockable via legacy. I think that upon reaching 50 with a Human or Zabrak character, you should unlock both Imperial and Republic looks for those races for either side. I think that it would be nice for me to be able to roll a Chiss Trooper without having to play as Imp scum, but ah well.

even in real life you find examples of people who should hate one another working together for some reason.

One of the key things people complain about in this game is the lack of uniqueness to their charaters. Well guess what... race unlocks being that difficult answers part of that complaint.

My main concern is that they said they don't expect players to level up a character for all races so they're allowing you to purchase the unlocks. That is all great and all, but they'd better be a serious investment that only a high level character or a twink can afford.

500k seems reasonable. 1 million might be pushing it though.