Darth Maul...an Inquisitor?

Verrell

The Jedi in the 6 movies never display the full range of force abilities they display in the novels or even in the clone wars cartoon series. This is as much because of the cost of special effects and the desire to appeal to mass audiences as anything.

Sith inquisitors or sorcerers can be extremely adept with melee combat as well as spell casting.

The way he was in EP 1, I'm pretty sure Darth Maul was a warrior more than anything. Why would he be portrayed as some force/melee hybrid in tor?

He's in TOR? :p Didn't know that, well, my highest Level char right now i a Sith Inquisitor Level 17, so I haven't seen much of the game yet ;)

The way he was in EP 1, I'm pretty sure Darth Maul was a warrior more than anything. Why would he be portrayed as some force/melee hybrid in tor?

Also warriors are bit more 'big and strong' (like Vader, they have force choke..), whereas Maul was very acrobatic (All thanks to Ray Park, d-(' ')z )

Maul epitomizes sith assassin type.

Edited by Karkais

Maul was a sneaky one.

Acted solo, used survellaince type equipment to get on his preys, relied on surprise attacks.

Point is that in a class based system you're forced to make choices while in a more classless thing you *could* have a Warrior with double bladed or Assassin with dual wielding.

Even Anakin and Obi-Wan respec'd their styles, but that's easier in a movie rather than in a game.

Ah, okay. It just seemed weird to me that they would place this melee God within a class that is based around Sidious. Ya know, shocking people.

The way he comes off in my opinion, I can see him more so as a Warrior using Ataru or Juyo form. Not shocking people half the time while in a lightsaber fight.

Mainly Ataru since that's an acrobatic fighting style. Which Marauders and Sentinels can learn.

Edited by Verrell

Sidious would be the inspiration for the Sorcerer, while Maul more appropriately resembles the assassin. Remember the classes don't exactly fit into the movies because of mechanics and trying to make classes distinct from each other and whatnot. Is Anakin a Guardian using 1 blade? Does he 'respec his AC' to Sentinal during his fight with Dooku? And what about when he's finally Vader? Is he suddenly a Juggernaut? Kenobi stealthily passes several guards to get to the reactor in Ep 4, does that make him a shadow? But he doesnt use a double-saber, so he must be a guardian! It's not an exact science to compare to the movies, just a rough estimate.