New Class - Very Long/Detailed/Thought Out

kdebones

Okay, so I have the basis for the first 10 Levels of Base Abilities;

Starting:

Armor Proficiency: Medium

Diligence: Restored Health over 15 seconds

Jab: Inflicts weak kinetic damage with a series of jabs.

Lunge: Inflicts low kinetic damage with a quick lunge. Costs 2 Maneuvers.

Power of the People: Grants 5% Defense against Melee and Ranged attacks as well as Force and Tech abilities.

Weapon Proficiency: Vibrostaff

Stratagem: Recharges 6 Maneuvers over 3 seconds

Trainable Abilities:

Lv2

Shocking Thrust: Inflicts moderate kinetic damage after stabbing the target with your weapon and then firing a discharge causing low internal bleeding over 5 seconds. Costs 3 Maneuvers. 12 Second CD.

Lv3

Scanner Probe: You send out a probe to scan the target for a weakness, lowering it's defenses by 5% for 15 seconds. Costs 2 Maneuver. 25-35 Second CD. Does not cause Aggro.

Lv4

Forward Assault: Weaves and bobs toward a target enemy, smashing into them and dealing low kinetic damage and knocking weak/standard enemies back a bit.

Lv5

Whirling Sweep: Inflicts low kinetic damage to all enemies around you with a sweeping spin of your weapon

Lv6

Pepper Spary Grenade: You throw a grenade at target enemy that lowers the accuracy of afflicted enemies by 50% for 10 seconds. 1 Minute CD.

Lv8

Taser Probe: Summons a small drone to shock target enemy for low damage over 3 seconds. Only usable against incapacitated targets and targets suffering from periodic damage. Costs 1 Manuevers. 14 Second CD.

Lv9

Reversal: Reverse the situation and frees you from all incapacitation and movement-impairing effects.

Thoughts? Comments? What I did with this is try to keep a elements of both AC in the base (like you would find for all classes) that both can utilize. Hopefully the choices that are available would be ideal abilities for both advance classes to utilize.

Edited by kdebones

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I have the basis for the first 10 Levels of Base Abilities;

Starting:

Armor Proficiency: Medium

Diligence: Restored Health over 15 seconds

Jab: Inflicts weak kinetic damage with a series of jabs.

Lunge: Inflicts low kinetic damage with a quick lunge. Costs 2 Maneuvers.

Power of the People: Grants 5% Defense against Melee and Ranged attacks as well as Force and Tech abilities.

Weapon Proficiency: Vibrostaff

Stratagem: Recharges 6 Maneuvers over 3 seconds

Trainable Abilities:

Lv2

Mighty Thrust: Inflicts moderate kinetic damage after putting your full force in your attack. Costs 3 Maneuvers. 6 Second CD.

Lv3

Scanner Probe: You send out a probe to scan the target for a weakness, lowering it's defenses by 5% for 15 seconds. Costs 2 Maneuver. 25-35 Second CD. Does not cause Aggro.

Lv4

Forward Assault: Leap at target enemy, dealing low kinetic damage and stunning weak/standard enemies.

Lv5

Whirling Sweep: Inflicts low kinetic damage to all enemies around you with a sweeping spin of your weapon

Lv6

Adrenaline Shot: You inject a small dose of adrenaline in target ally, increasing their damage output by 5% for 10 seconds. Only one Shot may be active per target. Costs 2 Maneuvers. 20-30 Second CD.

Lv8

Overdose: You inject target with another dose of whatever Shot they have active, increasing the durations by 10 Seconds. 2 Minute CD.

Lv9

Reversal: Reverse the situation and frees you from all incapacitation and movement-impairing effects.

Thoughts? Comments? What I did with this is try to keep a elements of both AC in the base (like you would find for all classes) that both can utilize. Hopefully the choices that are available would be ideal abilities for both advance classes to utilize.

Im not so sure about the name maneuvers for a resource, but I guess that might be just me. How does manuevers work? How much is there/how fast is the regen? Maybe mighty thrust could have a secondary effect to seem a little more 'worth it'? Maybe shots should be a technician only thing? Like a kind of key mechanic for them? Also, forward assault seems kind of warrior-ish, maybe people would think that odd. I suspect it would be better with the correct animation though.

No teargas probe or pepper spray? /sadface :(

Im not so sure about the name maneuvers for a resource, but I guess that might be just me. How does manuevers work? How much is there/how fast is the regen? Maybe mighty thrust could have a secondary effect to seem a little more 'worth it'? Maybe shots should be a technician only thing? Like a kind of key mechanic for them? Also, forward assault seems kind of warrior-ish, maybe people would think that odd. I suspect it would be better with the correct animation though.

No teargas probe or pepper spray? /sadface :(

Tear Gas and Pepper Spray I was planning to leave for Riot Guard specifically (would a Techy really use that kind of stuff?). And Maneuver works pretty much like how Ammo works for Troopers.

Yes, FA is similar to charge, but so is the one that Powertech Tanks have (if you spec it). The animation would be him running up weaving and bobbing so it's not just a jump-at-target thing.

As for Shots being Tech-only... I can see that. I would have to work some thing around but I can see it as a Class-Only mechanic.

As for Thrust, i'll tinker around with ideas of what I can do with this one.

Edit: Updated Abilities 1-10, happy with the changes.

Edited by kdebones

Edit: Updated Abilities 1-10, happy with the changes.

Looking good :D . Now I guess we can start working on specifics such as range and make any changes as you see fit. One thing is that shocking thrust would use an electrostaff(?), Isn't that only available to riot troopers? The animations Im thinking for this class are looking so cool btw :p . Acrobatics, flipping, jumping,backflips, the idea that the hands can be moved up and down a staff for full use (unlike the sabrestaff) - awesome.

Also a sidenote: On the OP one section mentions blasters, maybe want to change that? (Second sidenote) it looks like we have some good work on confinement, future's looking good for the other ACs, again if I have any ideas ill let you know.

Speaking of ideas, I thought the techician could get a weapon profiecency: datapad? I think the use of a techstaff to channel abilities would look too mage-y for some people, the datapad's animations would involve typing things in (for missiles/explosive probes) or scanning the enemy (preparing for things like crazy shoulder mounted machine gun - or something :p ). The techstaff would be held in the other hand and be used for firing blaster bolts/electro charges maybe? Really I think the staff thing would work a lot less for the technician, maybe they could just use a straight up datapad. But from the rage we get from the consulars i.e. "WHY I NO USE MY LIGHTSABRE, WWEAPON SWITCH UP=RAGE" that would seem risky. Something to think about I guess :| .

Things are going well all in all :D .

Edited by Bankingclan

You could probably mirror this into a Republic SIS Agent, similar abilities, different names. It would be distinctive from Imperial Agent in that this guy is sorta the "Jack Bauer agent" (IE: Charge into the room, kicking down the door, shooting 5 people shooting at him) rather than the "finesse, James Bond Imp agent... take them out before they know I'm here" style Edited by McVade

You could probably mirror this into a Republic SIS Agent, similar abilities, different names. It would be distinctive from Imperial Agent in that this guy is sorta the "thug/brawler agent" rather than the "finesse, James Bond Imp agent."

I was thinking more like a police/law enforcement guy who's assignments start getting more and more important because of the war. Bioware doesn't yet have this kind of story as far as I can tell. I posted about this on page 3 :) . Thoughts?

You could probably mirror this into a Republic SIS Agent, similar abilities, different names. It would be distinctive from Imperial Agent in that this guy is sorta the "Jack Bauer agent" (IE: Charge into the room, kicking down the door, shooting 5 people shooting at him) rather than the "finesse, James Bond Imp agent... take them out before they know I'm here" style

Who the hell are you and how did you escape from my Mind?

"Jack Bauer agent" (IE: Charge into the room, kicking down the door, shooting 5 people shooting at him) rather than the "finesse, James Bond Imp agent... take them out before they know I'm here" style

Jack bouer could be hard top play for any lightsiders, from what Ive seen he's useually an angry, rebellious, slightly whiney ***** :p .

Well I've just made a sith inquisitor and will be giving him the imperial trooper armour to wear, and I've give him armstech so I can make my own electrostaffs, and eventually plan on getting him the red dark honor guard style armour.

Yes but this still doesn't provide the story and mechanics we're suggesting. You're still playing as a force using, stealth using, burst damage dealer that sadly has some abilities unavailable to them because of the fact that you're using an electrostaff instead of a lightsabre.

The reason why an Imperial Trooper doesn't work is because they are the punching bags of the Empire. There is no rank advancement, you're canon fodder and the bottom of the barrel. Nothing you do as a Imperial Trooper can directly connect to the major ongoing plot or TOR.

The reason why an Imperial Trooper doesn't work is because they are the punching bags of the Empire. There is no rank advancement, you're canon fodder and the bottom of the barrel. Nothing you do as a Imperial Trooper can directly connect to the major ongoing plot or TOR.

Unless you are an extremely important sect of the (imperial) military. Like havoc squad. Or Imperial intelligence.

The biggest issue is having to write new story content complete with VA, while adding in new VA to old content, while also adding in new content for all the classes. This amount of work will only grow with each new class added. Much more likely they will add new ACs before new classes.

This proposal could easily be converted into a new advanced class for the trooper/bh class.