Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that it has to, in some capacity. Given that you cannot "buy" the game itself, anymore.

yes very true any updates I had last seen was when they dropped the price of the box to 14, perhpas its time to check out the FAQ. to be certain.

From FAQ

How will the Friends of SW:TOR trial work with Free-to-Play?

The Friends of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ trial will continue to exist as it does today. In order for you to receive a reward for referring a friend, your friend must purchase and register a copy ofStar Wars: The Old Republic and they must become a subscriber for at least one month, or apply a Game Time Code to their account. For more information on the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic trial program, please click here. For information on the rewards available, please see this page.

Hopefully nothing would change with it- it's a Rank 1 110% speeder. Doesn't need anything really.

This.

It goes at 110% speed once rank 1 skill is obtained at whatever level that is (depending on legacy).

Edited by uziforyou

From FAQ

How will the Friends of SW:TOR trial work with Free-to-Play?

The Friends of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ trial will continue to exist as it does today. In order for you to receive a reward for referring a friend, your friend must purchase and register a copy ofStar Wars: The Old Republic and they must become a subscriber for at least one month, or apply a Game Time Code to their account. For more information on the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic trial program, please click here. For information on the rewards available, please see this page.

... how does that work, though? Why would anyone buy a copy of the game? What purpose is there for that?

... how does that work, though? Why would anyone buy a copy of the game? What purpose is there for that?

I thought the same thing it says purchase or register, not sure if there's any difference or if they plan on changing the wording with the recent changes....

Glad to hear it, though I am concerned it is not ready. There are still issues inside the shop.

Items not being shown as already purchased

Armor that has a different appearance than what is shown in "in market" graphics

A few items not working as designed

I would have hoped that these issues would have been resolved before launch. Perhaps they can get fixed in the next few days.

Not sure where to ask this, so might as well ask it here.

I remember reading a while back that in the Free to Play model the players will initially only have a limited number of character slots. I apologize for not having a link to this, but it was a long while ago.

I currently have 8 characters, 2 at 50 and the other 6 I've been leveling slowly. When TOR goes free to play, am I going to lose my characters? Are my characters going to be frozen pending I purchase more slots and I'll have to choose who I want and who I don't want?

I know that 20 or so levels isn't too hard to make up, but I've actually put some decent time and personal interest into these characters and would hate to lose any one of them.

Your characters won't be deleted if you unsub.

What will happen is that you'll have to pick two to play, and if you want to play the rest you'll have to either buy the slots or resub.

Edit: Just to clarify, the 2 slot limit only applies to F2P players. Subbed folks still have 12 slots.

Edited by SamuraBob_Fl

If I remember right, you'll still have access to those characters at first and in a patch shortly after the other 6 will be frozen. Not sure how they would determine which characters get frozen.

You definitely dont permanently lose any of the characters though.

Not sure where to ask this, so might as well ask it here.

I remember reading a while back that in the Free to Play model the players will initially only have a limited number of character slots. I apologize for not having a link to this, but it was a long while ago.

I currently have 8 characters, 2 at 50 and the other 6 I've been leveling slowly. When TOR goes free to play, am I going to lose my characters? Are my characters going to be frozen pending I purchase more slots and I'll have to choose who I want and who I don't want?

I know that 20 or so levels isn't too hard to make up, but I've actually put some decent time and personal interest into these characters and would hate to lose any one of them.

There are 3 levels of access to the SWTOR service in the Freemium model.

F2P

Preferred Status

Subscription

Each has different levels of privilages.

Under the F2P level you will have access to any 2 of your characters with the rest being in "Stasus".

However, in your case since you were a subscriber you will be automatically be given the Preferred Status:

Preferred StatusAnd we have not forgotten about those of you who once had accounts, but cancelled. We are hoping to get you to come back and play! Any player who has ever paid a monthly subscription fee will be given Preferred Status automatically when Free-to-Play option is launched. Players with Preferred Status do not face the same limitations as a Free-to-Play player and will find that some restrictions are either removed or greatly reduced.

In addition, Preferred Status can be earned by any Free-to-Play player who spends a minimum of $4.99 at our web store.

Preffered Status will have access to more character slots.

You won't "loose" any of the characters you have been working on. :cool:

Well, I'm back. Just re-subbed for a month to take advantage of the extra Cartel Coins and to actually experience the full game for a month before I go Preferred F2P. I don't know if I'll stick with it though. 3 Space Battles per week LOL. I used to do 3 Space Battles per DAY :)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Cheers.

Will the Refer a Freind Mount be adaaptive like the rest of the incomming speeder changes or will it stay the same?

I have seen a lot of questions asked in regards to this subject and was wondering if there is any insight about it as I have seen a lot of them go unanswered.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Why would you want it to be adaptive when it comes as 110% at level 1 speeder skill? It's the fastest speeder in the game for a level 10 character (legacy level unlock + 110% speed).

Why would you want it to be adaptive when it comes as 110% at level 1 speeder skill? It's the fastest speeder in the game for a level 10 character (legacy level unlock + 110% speed).

I don't think he expressed what he wanted. He seems to just want an answer to his question.

Except that it has to, in some capacity.

No... it does not. The recruit a friend feature requires that the friend actually subscribe to the game for at least one month in order to get the reward. That would still be a valid requirement under the new business model... though they might change it to requiring 2 months or 3 months subscription or something like that.

Edited by Andryah