Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

Do you read what other people post?

What you agree to doesn't matter. What I agree to doesn't matter.

The only person who's opinion matters is George Lucas, what he says is fact and is not open to debate or subject to other peoples opinion. He said that Luke is the most powerful force user ever.

Even if Lucas hadn't said that, the stuff Luke does in the EU like say becoming One with the Force, makes Galen look like a child in terms of Force ability.

Well, if Lucas claims that "The Force Unleashed" and Starkiller and his ridiculous ability to destroy Vader and the Emperor are cannon, I've lost all respect for him.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if Lucas claims that "The Force Unleashed" and Starkiller and his ridiculous ability to destroy Vader and the Emperor are cannon, I've lost all respect for him.

When did Lucas ever say that? Because I'm pretty sure the canon ending of both games is the one in which Starkiller is destroyed in one way or another.

Also your level of respect for Lucas doesn't matter any more then the amount of respect I have for gravity. As long as he's alive and we are discussing Star Wars, what he says goes, no matter how silly or illogical it might be.

Obvious that someone hasn't bothered to read up on the subject first...

According to George Lucas, Luke is the most powerful Jedi of all times.

According to the EU Luke is the most powerful Jedi of all times.

Quite simply fail to see how these two facts can be so hard for some people to understand.

This is once more, not a matter open for debate or opinion, no more then the speed limit is open for debate when you're pulled over, or gravity is a matter of opinion.

Personally I thought the most interesting Jedi was Qui-Gon, but I know enough about SW and EU lore to know he wasn't the most powerful one to exist.

Welcome to America, enjoy your stay.

In my opinion:

Best Lightsaber Duelist: Mace Windu

Best Force User: Yoda

Best Overall Jedi: Luke Skywalker

Best Dark-Side Force Wielder: Palpatine

Best Lightsaber Duelist: Exar Kun

Best Overall Sith: Darth Vader

Marek is just ridiculous, sorry.

I agree with everything you stated except Best Force User being Yoda. Now thats understandable if you didn't put in a EU character, but sicne you did you have to acknowledge Luke's Force Feats. And well quite frankly their insanely overpowered. He is the Mortal God of SW Unfortunately.

Luke is canonically the best duelist but I just think Mace does what he does in a more BA way.

Darth Vader IMO is the True Iconic Sith. Vader killed his own officers because they did little things that made him mad and he invaded multiple planets on his own. Palps is the most powerful(Fact.) but he wasn't as involved as Vader during the Reign of the GE.

I agree with everything you stated except Best Force User being Yoda. Now thats understandable if you didn't put in a EU character, but sicne you did you have to acknowledge Luke's Force Feats. And well quite frankly their insanely overpowered. He is the Mortal God of SW Unfortunately.

Luke is canonically the best duelist but I just think Mace does what he does in a more BA way.

Darth Vader IMO is the True Iconic Sith. Vader killed his own officers because they did little things that made him mad and he invaded multiple planets on his own. Palps is the most powerful(Fact.) but he wasn't as involved as Vader during the Reign of the GE.

Yeah, I didn't put Luke in there because some of his powers blurred the line between Light and Dark. Yoda was pure light, so got my vote, especially for all his wisdom. But yeah, Luke does some insane stuff.

Edited by xCyberpunkx

When did Lucas ever say that? Because I'm pretty sure the canon ending of both games is the one in which Starkiller is destroyed in one way or another.

Also your level of respect for Lucas doesn't matter any more then the amount of respect I have for gravity. As long as he's alive and we are discussing Star Wars, what he says goes, no matter how silly or illogical it might be.

Well, Lucas oversaw the project personally and there were many articles relating to the topic when the game first came out. You can dig them up with a simple Google search if you want.

But also, I don't think you seem to get outside much. You manifest an awful lot of rage for something as trivial as a message board post. You really need to relax.

When did he destroy either of them? he barely defeated Vader twice and was toyed with by the Emperor.

To be honest I have recently replayed both the TFU games. And as much as I "W T F?!" at the end of #1 the cut scenes show not only Vader with half his helm missing and looking very defeated, but the Emperor on his last legs. In fact it's Rahm Kota who apparently convinces you to flee and leave them... which to me would be a stupid idea...but then you beating both Vader and the Emperor is a stupid idea, but I guess you needed "end bosses" and they counted...

Now people say gameplay mechanics do not equal cannon. This I'll stand by, but still the cut scenes didn't have to show them as weakened as it did O.o ...

At least TFU 2 got it right, where Vader was still "intact" and just playing you...

Edited by Ruliya

To be honest I have recently replayed both the TFU games. And as much as I "***?!" at the end of #1 the cut scenes show not only Vader with half his helm missing and looking very defeated, but the Emperor on his last legs. In fact it's Rahm Kota who apparently convinces you to flee and leave them... which to me would be a stupid idea...but then you beating both Vader and the Emperor is a stupid idea, but I guess you needed "end bosses" and they counted...

No...

In the Cutscenes and the Novel he touches the Emperor and blows up. There was no canonical damage to Sidious. He beat Vader but Vader wasn't expecting it, he was toying with him the entire time(Ex: Throwing things and testing his strength. He never was fully engaged and Marek realized it and all it did was piss him off)>

Edited by BrandonSM

No...

In the Cutscenes and the Novel he touches the Emperor and blows up. There was no canonical damage to Sidious. He beat Vader but Vader wasn't expecting it, he was toying with him the entire time(Ex: Throwing things and testing his strength. He never was fully engaged and Marek realized it and all it did was piss him off)>

Novel? I thought there was a comic tie in or something, was it a novel? sorry I never read it.

Btw, I wasn't saying what happened was "realistic" I believe it was stupid in the grand scheme of SW as a whole xD

Actuallt I'm going to Edit here and add:

The Rebellion was all Vader/Emperor and Maleks idea? I mean what in the name of serious sam is that?!

Spoilers in case you never really played it

Edited by Ruliya

Novel? I thought there was a comic tie in or something, was it a novel? sorry I never read it.

Btw, I wasn't saying what happened was "realistic" I believe it was stupid in the grand scheme of SW as a whole xD

Oh its fine. The Novels IMO are better for everything cinematic in SW. Novelizations of games and movies always tend to be "better".

And if you think that ending was stupid, your for in for a ride when you read some of the EU.

The Rebellion was all Vader/Emperor and Maleks idea? I mean what in the name of serious sam is that?!

Spoilers in case you never really played it

What do you mean? Marke played a key part in the start of the Rebellion but I don't see how it was Vaders or The Emperor's idea.

I mean, Vader used Marek to get to the Rebellion leaders. But thats pretty much it.

What do you mean? Marke played a key part in the start of the Rebellion but I don't see how it was Vaders or The Emperor's idea.

I mean, Vader used Marek to get to the Rebellion leaders. But thats pretty much it.

That was actually a pretty good plan, the Empire did capture all the Rebellion leaders and if they were executed no Rebellion or at least not a long lasting one.

Oh its fine. The Novels IMO are better for everything cinematic in SW. Novelizations of games and movies always tend to be "better".

And if you think that ending was stupid, your for in for a ride when you read some of the EU.

TBH I'm put off by the "powehouse Luke and Emperor" EU books, dunno what they might turn out like.

I do love the Dark Horse Comics, and have a host of books to read, principally beginning with the Thrawn Trilogy. - Shout at me to read it :p I've heard very good things.

FYI i re-played the first game straight through. It was an eight hour block, so minor point might have been missed. During the cutscenes and gameplay I thought Vader told Marek to gather together conspirators, and that it was their (Vader/Palp) idea to coalesce such visions into a rebellion?

I could be wrong, it would mean re-installing and having a look through again ;P nothing too strenuous I suppose;.

TBH I'm put off by the "powehouse Luke and Emperor" EU books, dunno what they might turn out like.

I do love the Dark Horse Comics, and have a host of books to read, principally beginning with the Thrawn Trilogy. - Shout at me to read it :p I've heard very good things.

FYI i re-played the first game straight through. It was an eight hour block, so minor point might have been missed. During the cutscenes and gameplay I thought Vader told Marek to gather together conspirators, and that it was their (Vader/Palp) idea to coalesce such visions into a rebellion?

I could be wrong, it would mean re-installing and having a look through again ;P nothing too strenuous I suppose;.

No their plan was to gather up all the Rebellion leaders and kill them before the Rebellion was formed.

"He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

"You must be relentless lord Vader, if even a single rebel survives. This Alliance that we've unwittingly created....will be our undoing."

Thats what Palpatine said.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He wanted to round up the conspirators in one place to kill them. And Marek did it withou realizing it. He had Leia, Bao, and a few others in one room. And then Vader came, it was that snowey place and Marek fell of the cliff.

No their plan was to gather up all the Rebellion leaders and kill them before the Rebellion was formed.

"He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

"You must be relentless lord Vader, if even a single rebel survives. This Alliance that we've unwittingly created....will be our undoing."

Thats what Palpatine said.

This Alliance we've unwittingly created? So there were people out there, which Marek brought together, to create said alliance, that was their downfall?

He wanted to round up the conspirators in one place to kill them. And Marek did it withou realizing it. He had Leia, Bao, and a few others in one room. And then Vader came, it was that snowey place and Marek fell of the cliff.

Yea, how old was leia when she was captured(or sent to that guy) ? Seemed weird xD but at least we freed her.

This Alliance we've unwittingly created? So there were people out there, which Marek brought together, to create said alliance, that was their downfall?

Yea, how old was leia when she was captured(or sent to that guy) ? Seemed weird xD but at least we freed her.

Yes because they wanted to capture all the rebellion leaders in one swift stroke, to kill them.

Yes because they wanted to capture all the rebellion leaders in one swift stroke, to kill them.

So they brought a collection of like minded peopel together, to form an all out rebellion which eventually toppled them?

Well played guys :p

Edit: You guys are pretty knowledgeable, thanks. You're keeping me on track for greater understanding ^^

Edited by Ruliya

Since before he truly became Darth Vader it had always been Anakins plan to destroy the emperor and himself rule the galaxy, everything he did as Darth Vader in some way carried with it a plan to lead to sidious' downfall, including his training of Marek and creation of the rebellion.

So they brought a collection of like minded peopel together, to form an all out rebellion which eventually toppled them?

Well played guys :p

Edit: You guys are pretty knowledgeable, thanks. You're keeping me on track for greater understanding ^^

Well, it was actually pretty good plan. Vader never thought they would escape and imagine, lets say your the leader of one of the most successful Empire's ever. And you have all of your enemies in one room, and you outnumber and outweapon them.

The stupid part was capturing them instead of killing them on sight. But the GE still had political trials and what not and they had stay true to their word.