Boosted Character

Mosiz

I have come back after about six years and boosted a character. I read that the stories are all completed with the boost. Does that mean that all relationships with companions, gear, reputation, story line is all gone with the exception of doing the veteran of the last two expansions? It's just all gone? If it is, I think i'll just level from level 1.

There is actually two differents boost tokens.

1 that level you to 70 and supress all the stories class and bring you to the last event. It is the one offered at the creaton of a character.

1 that level you up to 70 too BUT allow you to do all aka class quests and all stories and all choices. You are just leveled.

This one is offered on the cartel market, called i think Datacron Master. It gives you all the abilities to fight (skills) and a type of armor rating 230 depending of your combat choice. But it cost money.

Voilà :)

Edited by Eilenda

Specifically:

There are, indeed, two tokens, the "Commander's Character" token and the "Master's Datacron"(1).

The Master's Datacron is the simpler of the two. It simply levels your *existing* character upwards to 70, and gives you your class ship and ship droid if you don't already have them. It comes in a bundle accompanied by a box with a set of competent but unremarkable level 70 gear. It has no effect on your character's story advancement. 2000 Cartel Coins from the Cartel Market.

The Commander's Character token allows you to create a start-at-60 or start-at-70 character.

A start-at-60 character begins at the beginning of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the 4.0 expansion. The character comes with a set of blue fixed-stats level 60 gear, again competent but unremarkable. It marks your character's class story, class-companion stories and the Prelude to Revan, Shadow of Revan (Rishi/Yavin) and Rise of the Emperor (Ziost) story arcs complete. Romances didn't happen, and despite the generally dark tone of autocompleted Imperials, Inquisitors are assigned "Darth Imperius", apparently because it sounded cooler.

A start-at-70 character begins at the beginning of the Jedi Under Siege story (the 5.9 mini-expansion). The character starts with a set of fixed-stats level 70 gear, competent but unremarkable. It marks all the same things complete that the start-at-60 gets locked out of, plus it writes your permanent version of various critical decisions in Knights of the Fallen Empire, Knights of the Eternal Throne and the "Fractured Alliance" sequence, sometimes called the "Traitor Arc". This permanent record is uniformly Light Side for Pubsiders, and mostly Dark Side for Impsiders. Again, all romances are written as "Did Not Happen".

(1) "Datacron Master" is an achievement.

There is actually two differents boost tokens.

1 that level you to 70 and supress all the stories class and bring you to the last event. It is the one offered at the creaton of a character.

1 that level you up to 70 too BUT allow you to do all aka class quests and all stories and all choices. You are just leveled.

This one is offered on the cartel market, called i think Datacron Master. It gives you all the abilities to fight (skills) and a type of armor rating 230 depending of your combat choice. But it cost money.

Voilà :)

Thank you very, very much! This is very helpful! Really appreciate your answer.

I don't want to start a new thread, but maybe my question fits a little bit in here:

Is it possible to skip

a) Jedi Under Siege

b) Onslaught

with a boost or otherwise?

I'd be interested in doing that on some chars.

At the moment, no. You cannot skip JUS to begin Onslaught, and there's currently only Onslaught Chapter 2 that you can skip *to* if you want to skip Onderon/Mek-Sha/Meridian.

And given that it's (currently) in no way clear how a token to skip to OnslaughtSequel could determine whether you are a loyalist or a saboteur ...