Server balance

Sernylo

Seems to be more imps than reps. Lowbie rep warzones are generally a horrible experience (even worse after F2P). Lowbie imps seems to have a greater chance to get a wz pop with less idiots (at least true before F2P. haven't PvPd below 50 on imp side since F2P) . As for 50 PvP I'd say it's pretty balanced between the factions. Lot's of premades though so it helps if you bring your own. Open world PvP is pretty much non-existent. I've had people log out on me while I was leveling and trying to do some OPvP. Otherwise you can get some OPvP in SectionX if you can bear the 4s ability delay and go out of your way to find the opposite faction. You can also get some OPvP going in the Blackhole but there just aren't the same amount of people there after the launch of section X.

As for English in general chat yes that is the norm. But you have lot's of Russians, east Europeans, Italians and Spanish posting in their own languages on the starter planets. Quite annoying and I do hope it's against ToS.

Edited by Theodulus

I'd say the population is as balanced as it's going to get. F2P shifted it heavily towards Empire, though. Was playing Dromund Kaas the other day, 7 instances, with 6 of almost-full that comes in at over a 1000 players on the planet. Fleets are more occupied on the Empire sidee too, but I except this to tone down after a while. Warzones are fairly balanced as well, I can go with streaks of wins and losses for some time, though I seem to be winning about 90% of low-lvl warzones, on either side.

Oh, and yeah, general chats are prominently in English. Mainly guild-adverts are seen in other languages, and sometimes (although rarely) a conversation in another language bursts out, but they are usually short and people often stop if asked to.

Edited by Memo-

I'd say the population is as balanced as it's going to get. F2P shifted it heavily towards Empire, though. Was playing Dromund Kaas the other day, 7 instances, with 6 of almost-full that comes in at over a 1000 players on the planet. Fleets are more occupied on the Empire sidee too, but I except this to tone down after a while. Warzones are fairly balanced as well, I can go with streaks of wins and losses for some time, though I seem to be winning about 90% of low-lvl warzones, on either side.

Oh, and yeah, general chats are prominently in English. Mainly guild-adverts are seen in other languages, and sometimes (although rarely) a conversation in another language bursts out, but they are usually short and people often stop if asked to.

Low level warzones is a complete joke on the republic side now, I have been playing hours and hours every day since the launch of this game, and this, since free to play is the worst ive seen when it comes to bad players so far.

Ive done around 60 warzones since free to play. just pugging and ive got now maybe 5-6 wins

when all these guys reaches 50 , if they do, im sure it will impact the republic 50 pvp in normal warzones very negativly.

Edited by Zeaza

Low level warzones is a complete joke on the republic side now, I have been playing hours and hours every day since the launch of this game, and this, since free to play is the worst ive seen when it comes to bad players so far.

Ive done around 60 warzones since free to play. just pugging and ive got now maybe 5-6 wins

when all these guys reaches 50 , if they do, im sure it will impact the republic 50 pvp in normal warzones very negativly.

I started an op healer instead of focusing on my commando healer because of this. I just can't carry an entire warzone on my own with a healer when people are dropping like flies due to improper gearing and poor skill. I can't even keep a single guardian/marauder alive by emptying my resource pool twice while he is unable to solo his opponent. I can actually do more dps than pure dps classes and get some 230-300k healing. It's just ridiculous when the average damage on rep side is 50k while the top 4-5 imps get 150-230k damage.

actually it's pretty balanced.. people tend to remember the bad experiences more though.

owpvp happens here sometimes we got some people organizing events for such things.. never tried it out but atleast there's an effort

the population ratio is in favor of the imps though.. but that only means they face themselves more often in wz's

Edited by hallucigenocide

It's funny because I was doing warzones most of the weekend on my republic lowbies and I was sporting 75% win ratio in pug vs pug games. You must be very unlucky*.

*And/or bad.

Edited by BlaadG

It's funny because I was doing warzones most of the weekend on my republic lowbies and I was sporting 75% win ratio in pug vs pug games. You must be very unlucky*.

*And/or bad.

Same experience for me as well. My Vanguard is actually rank-capped because reps win so much. For two days now i did pvp with about 4 lowbie imp chars and lost around 99% of WZ. One of them is a hybrid tank, one is a healer, the others are damage dealers. All 30+, all with blue-quality gear appropriate for their level. I play objectives, i do damage, i heal, i protect... nothing helps.

So of course i thought, maybe it's me. Maybe i'm that bad that i drag the team down each and every time. Mathematically speaking, I'm one man. 12.5% of a team. Given the sample of WZs i played, i should not matter that much. On a long enough timeline, there's bound to be a team good enough to "carry' my suckage. Alas, such wasn't the case. Even though individually i perform okay, the team just can't pull it off. Check this ****. Today we had a match in Alderaan against another imp team. The score was tied to the last minute, we had 2 turrets (mid and snow) but the mid one was swinging between the two teams. I leave two defenders on snow where we just cleared some 4 enemies, go through the tunnel, kill the stealther at the grass and cap the turret. At the same moment, we lose both turrets. At once. And we lose the match, of course. I was just speechless.

But that was the closest match i had in 2 days. Rest of them were total roflstomps, especially against reps. 6-0 butthauls in 5 mins, that kinda thing. Unbelievable.

Sure, lowbie pvp doesn't matter, right ? Heck, nothing matters. It's just a game. Well, no. Wasted time matters for me. I'm trying to have fun, but i don't find losing fun. Not in that amount. The close match i mentioned wouldn't have irked me that much if i actually won a match that day -- which i didn't. I know i'm not the best player, but i did grasp the basic tactics of pvp wzs and the basic mechanics of the game. If i can do it, anyone can.

So what is it with the imps ? No wonder they lose all their wars, but still, this should be the golden age of the Empire. I'm starting to believe the matches are rigged or something, the suck is almost palpable. Or that some divine entity hates my guts and decides i should lose. I just don't get it. I put some effort in my gear, in my spec, in learning the class, the WZs and it wasn't like i spent months at it. It's pretty simple. Is it because it's the age of the anti-hero and all justin bieber fans want to go dark side ? Are the jonas brothers really lords of the sith ? Is lady gaga a model for all inqusitors ?

Please enlighten me, dear ToFN, because i'm truly and utterly baffled.