resolve bar = massive failure

Matic

does this thing persist through death or does it start over? its beyond stupid if i get stunned i should have a short amount of time free before i can be stunned again.

you would think that game companies would figure this garbage out by now. but i guess they try to overthink this issue.

screw it im going to play like everyone else just role a DPS since healing is absolutely frustrating in PVP.

You'd have thought the guys that worked on Warhammer would have learned their lesson, but apparently not. The fact that CC in PvP hasn't been addressed shows how out of touch Bioware is with their community. And they're introducing rated Warzones in March? What a joke. I hope they realize they're going to lose anyone that gives a crap about PvP once GW2 comes out.

Certain classes should be built around CC. Others should have almost none. Handing tons of CC to high-damage classes is just stupid, but then again, Mythic did the same crap with Bright Wizards in WAR. They never learn. You only need "resolve meters" because every friggin class in the game has the abilitiy to perform virtually all sorts of CC.

Uhh...last I checked resolve does give CC immunity...at least to stuns and disorentes and stuff like that. Knockbacks as well.

It is always fun having a full Resolve bar in huttball and watch as foes try to knock you off to no avail.

Honestly though...I dont get the problem works fine for me.

Eat the first CC

Once the second CC comes and fill resolve pop CC breaker

Profit.

Uhh...last I checked resolve does give CC immunity...at least to stuns and disorentes and stuff like that. Knockbacks as well.

It is always fun having a full Resolve bar in huttball and watch as foes try to knock you off to no avail.

Eat the first CC

Profit.

Yeah i think it depends on your class. As a vanguard i can just pop my shield, eat a cc, get cc'd again and break it plus resolve, without losing lots of health. But i just think anything that prevents you from playing for 3-5 seconds in the middle of a match is bad, it makes the game play feel more disjointed. So personally i would rather have too few CCs than to many in a game.

Eat the first CC

Profit.

The problem is that you get CC'ed to hell and back, and it takes forever for your Resolve bar to fill up. Once it's almost full... you die and it gets reset. Then you get CC'ed to hell and back again. Rinse, repeat. Either the Resolve bar should fill quicker, or there should be a 10-15 second immunity on the CC-breaker abilities. It's a two minute cool-down, it would hardly be imbalanced.

The problem is that you get CC'ed to hell and back, and it takes forever for your Resolve bar to fill up. Once it's almost full... you die and it gets reset. Then you get CC'ed to hell and back again. Rinse, repeat. Either the Resolve bar should fill quicker, or there should be a 10-15 second immunity on the CC-breaker abilities. It's a two minute cool-down, it would hardly be imbalanced.

2 CCs usually fill the resolve.

At least that is my experiance:

SI: Mind Trap + Electorcute = full resolve

Whirlwind + Electrocute = Full resolve

BH: Concussion missle = auto full resolve...that or maybe just 90% cause I swear I see a person with no resolve and after I concussion them they are right at full

etc. etc.

So usually 2 stuns will do it....thats why I dont us my breaker till after the 2nd one unless I am a BH or IA in which case I break it on the first and Knock them back before the 2nd.

Snares, Root, Stun stacking.

It's just stupid.

On a positive note: I love that i can see the "DR" before using my abilities. But RESOLVE might aswell be removed in it's current state. You can be stunlocked, root in most cases also acts as a stun.

OR: Add a runspeed increase after roots / snares break to make up for it.

Edited by Piriste

2 CCs usually fill the resolve.

At least that is my experiance:

SI: Mind Trap + Electorcute = full resolve

Whirlwind + Electrocute = Full resolve

BH: Concussion missle = auto full resolve...that or maybe just 90% cause I swear I see a person with no resolve and after I concussion them they are right at full

etc. etc.

So usually 2 stuns will do it....thats why I dont us my breaker till after the 2nd one unless I am a BH or IA in which case I break it on the first and Knock them back before the 2nd.

I don't know if it's a bug then, in this game it really wouldn't surprise me if it was. I don't think I've EVER had my Resolve bar filled by two CC's.

Its a retarded system, you can take like 4-5 knockbacks/pulls/pushes with very little movement on the bar but my single concussion missile fills there resolve only to have my cc broken by any idiot nearby with an aoe. And all these things are supposed to be negative mental/tech/physical things yet my cure doesnt seem to remove any of them off anyone